Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Akear
Starter Motor

Default AU Series 3 electrical issues.

Hey everyone,
I bought a 2001 series 3 AU on Saturday and I have a few issues I was wondering if you all could help me out with. The car doesn't lock properly, I lock the car on the drivers side ( it has no remote ) and the car locks but I can go to the front passenger and the door unlocks the entire car without using the key.

I only have 1 brake light, the rear window and the drivers side tail light doesn't work. The tail lights work with the headlights on but when I break only the passenger side break light comes on. I have checked the fuses and the bulbs and no issue with either. I was wondering what else it could be.

Any helpful info would be great
Beau.

Akear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
smally289
growing up is optional

Default Re: AU Series 3 electrical issues.

Door locking problem sounds like a stuffed actuator on the LHF door. Repair kits or complete actuators available on ebay. Easy to fit, which is just as well as they are a common fault. To check it, get someone else to lock the doors while you listen to the LHF actuator. Put your ear close to the door, near where the door striker is. If you hear a whirring or buzzing type sound instead of a clunk then the actuator is cactus.

As far as the brake lights go, change all 3 bulbs. Sounds like there is a short between the filaments on at least one of them.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU Series 3 electrical issues.

your acctuator on the passenger door. a common problem

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post