Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #91
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Round abouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
It's all common sense really..

It's just not to many people have this and the humble round-abouts will disappear into traffic lights soon.

Shame really.
Common Sense is not so common any more ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
There is no such thing as going straight ahead in a roundabout but, assuming you mean the exit that is on the same alignment as the road you entered on, then, yes, those north Queenslanders are quite correct in indicating left to exit. So it looks like they understand that simple concept and you don't.

I can see from this thread that both official and driver understanding of roundabouts in Australia is in such a godawful mess it might be safer to go back and replace them all with square intersections with traffic lights! How something so simple could be got so wrong by so many (both government and public) is beyond comprehension. Is this some "only in Australia" joke?

I can only refer back to the Danish document I quoted earlier, plus driving defensively due to the high proportion of Australian motorists who don't know how to use them (thanks to the state road authorities).
It is totally and utterly confusing to indicate when going 'straight ahead'. To have an indicator on but not take the first exit is a little bit daunting ..... but hey! If it works up there .... great! Then you can read below .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
There is according to Queensland Transport department....LINK

Under Victorian transport website there is:

It's amazing how many people diarrhea on this thread about knowing road rules
but have obviously never bothered checking their knowledge against an official website...
Little bit embarrassed about how such an easy and uncomplicated approach to a Round a bout can be so skewed to make it one of the hardest of all road rules. Meant to close it earlier but put my 2 bobs worth in and was unfair to those who wanted to respond. Better close it now in case someone from the outside sees how hard it is for car minded people can confuse things so much.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread