Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #61
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: V8 Supercars Texas round

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte.b View Post
Whats the point of the thread anyway ,the 888 dunnydors are on steroids and nothing will catch them,they need to have a real good look at those 2 cars,something wrong there ,so maybe they will take some holdens over with them ,i love my bf falcon but im afraid the writing is on the wall ,ford will leave australia in the next couple of years i reckon ,very sad too
Fords doing pretty well, and with the new cars coming in next year, we might continue that success.
The point of this thread is:
Would it be helpful to promote the series (which is largely unfamiliar to Americans), to take some Falcons over in the paddock and let attendees get familiar with the Blue Oval entrant?
I know full well theres not going to be a push to promote Falcon by Dearborn. But if I was a large multi national corporation, I would be remiss if I didn't at give the public an opportunity to see an overseas product and give valuable feedback.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #62
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
No one car is another car. But sedans are sedans regardless of drive configuration. Even in Australia you can choose from FWD, RWD, or AWD. How many Australians buy sedans? How many choose Falcon?

Where were you driving? Some places are worse than others. On most interstates you can easily get away with 10 mph over, though.

The very idea of speed cameras is un-American (which doesn't mean we won't get them). Redlight cameras are bad enough.
Driven all over, currently in Nascar country so that may have something to do with it. Just done the Blueridge Parkway and Skyline Drive, bends seem to slow them up a bit...The parkway is billed as a scenic drive with a 45 mph limit...it is of similar standard to the majority of Australias major highways. There is the slim chance of hitting a bear or moose but we have kangaroos...

Still disagree about your Falcon comments but...lol
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #63
monte.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Fords doing pretty well, and with the new cars coming in next year, we might continue that success.
The point of this thread is:
Would it be helpful to promote the series (which is largely unfamiliar to Americans), to take some Falcons over in the paddock and let attendees get familiar with the Blue Oval entrant?
I know full well theres not going to be a push to promote Falcon by Dearborn. But if I was a large multi national corporation, I would be remiss if I didn't at give the public an opportunity to see an overseas product and give valuable feedback.
I guess ive been watching a different series to you ,the 888 cars have been floging the fords ,Wincup the other day was leading the race had a drive through penalty and still ended up 3rd ,he passed 22 cars ,nothing can get near those cars ,the fords are second rate at the moment ,young moffet is a shining light though, he will do well
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #64
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
I guess ive been watching a different series to you ,the 888 cars have been floging the fords ,Wincup the other day was leading the race had a drive through penalty and still ended up 3rd ,he passed 22 cars ,nothing can get near those cars ,the fords are second rate at the moment ,young moffet is a shining light though, he will do well
Maybe coz 888 have the best drivers.
Old 22-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #65
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
young moffet is a shining light though, he will do well
I don't normally attack the numerous spelling and grammatical errors on AFF but I have to point out that it's MOFFAT !
Old 22-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #66
monte.b

im so sorry i mispelt it ,ill say 10hail maryies,or not
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #67
IDT
Marko

Is this the AFF? or the grumpy old mens club. Even as a very niche market it would be valuable to have FPV sold there.

Those that compare the Falcon to the Mustang have never driven a Mustang. Two door v Four door. Two is no good for the family. As a daily, Shelby mustangs are a pig to drive compared to an FGFPV and they use a heap more fuel.

Those that say there is no room for our beloved 335 in the US forget the size of the market there. If FPV sold 1 percent of the number of mustang/s or even fusions etc they would have a viable if not very health prospective market.

And if worse did come to worst and Ford stopped making the Falcon. Then they can at least say they tried everything!!
Old 23-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #68
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

You still need to make profit per vehicle and if they have to sell them for the equivalent of $AUS40-50k then who's to say they wouldn't need to sell 10000 to make money
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #69
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDT View Post
Is this the AFF? or the grumpy old mens club. Even as a very niche market it would be valuable to have FPV sold there.

Those that compare the Falcon to the Mustang have never driven a Mustang. Two door v Four door. Two is no good for the family. As a daily, Shelby mustangs are a pig to drive compared to an FGFPV and they use a heap more fuel.

Those that say there is no room for our beloved 335 in the US forget the size of the market there. If FPV sold 1 percent of the number of mustang/s or even fusions etc they would have a viable if not very health prospective market.

And if worse did come to worst and Ford stopped making the Falcon. Then they can at least say they tried everything!!
Well said. For anyone who wants to see what the Americans think of the idea, here is the thread I made on BOF.
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...as%20%20falcon
(And Lionels not my real name o_0 )
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #70
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

The idea is great. The reality (selling the cars at a profit without cannibalizing sales of other Ford vehicles) is impracticable.

But start an online petition to FoA demanding that they ship a car over here and see what happens. Petition Mulally, too.
Old 24-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #71
lownloud
Ford Junkie

V8SC Falcon with Taurus or Fusion front sheetmetal is my guess......
Old 24-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #72
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
i don't think so - if they are not planning to sell it over there (and why would they) then the only reason to send one over is for potential merchandise sales
why promote a car that will not be sold there

i would think that v8 supercar will probably send a few mock ups over there and probably before the weekend to create some interest, but i fail to see why ford should
even with the commode dore, the seppos won't look at it and say "wow, an australian car" - they will just assume the chevy lumina or what ever it is called is just being exported to a far away land that uses kangaroos for transport
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post