Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2006, 04:01 AM   #31
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think ill stick to my standard ULTRA HIGH mount brake LEDs

that has to be the BEST most unique part of the AU fairlanes hehe for the rear lights anyway(other better parts like f space for a footy team AND their gear (minus stereo of course) but back on topic

im sticking to stock!
Old 20-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #32
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hmmm , seems Dick Smith Electronics has the red led brake lights for $9.98 each (using whopping 16,000 mcd each / clear lense led's....like used in the newer traffic lights these days) , im not sure but i think these would be legal. They exceed the brightness of a normail brake light , the red colour is the right red spectrum/range for brake lights etc etc . Still might be worth checking it out first though, if you want to use them legaly for daily road use .

While Jaycar are selling those white led brake lights for $19.95 each ! , but it doesn't state the led's brightness, and says "Suitable for Show/Off road use only" . So these 1's aren't legal for road use anyway by the sounds of it.

Either way , even if you just wanted to use the white 1's for show , or use the red ones for road use .. whichever/whatever, the wiring i showed earlier would still work with a normal globe plugged back in again too, you could switch between normal globes or led lights and still have cruise control working either way.

If you really want the red led brake lights though for road use, find out if its legal before you bother re-wiring anything, otherwise it's pointless having the wiring for the cruise control to work with them. Cheers .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #33
Macca_gong
Starter Motor

I have just wired some boat trailer LED lamps to an AU2 XLS trayback ute, insted of the $300 each rear lights, and am having the same cruise control problem, might have to try out wiring the resisters in, which will also slove the fast flashing indicators, i now have.

Another thing i have noticed is there is a small current constantley going thru the lights when the car is "on" as my LED ones are very dim when the lights arent acctully on.

Has anyone got a working sucessful answer to this problem, or was putting the stock lamps back in quickest :P
Macca_gong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #34
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Ask vitto on these forums ... he is running LED tail lights in a custom trayback on his AU XL V8 manual ute.

I'll try and get pics.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
parker

Default Re: LED stop tail globes

Can anyone help me out with my AU XR8 tray back please? I tried to replace the generic incandescent lights with an led set, and they are both dull and causing the rapid flashing as mentioned above.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post