Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car Maintenance App for phone

Hey fellas just thought id let you know about this app I recently downloaded

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aintenance+app

Im not big on phone stuff usually but decided to download it and give it shot, turns out its great to have on the phone as i do all the service and works on both my car and the wife's. The app basically keeps things in check provided you keep it up to date eg. date and km of oil change, air filter replacement etc and provide the service intervals and km for each item of the car. You can create custom items that you see fit, I had to add diff oil change and also ignition leads. Once you punch in the details for each item you can then update the km travelled at any point and the app will let you know how much time and km is left before action is required. It also has a reminder function that can automatically inform you of items needing attention. Only problem is there is no provision to note any repair work but if your like me you can just note it in the car service book with any receipts or photos

ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
hulkfocus

Default Re: Car Maintenance App for phone

Looks like a pretty decent app just downloaded it will be good to have something else help me keep track and not let services get behind.
hulkfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Maintenance App for phone

it`s a good idea, i`m thinking i would`nt mind a pc version, preferably a professional type one with reminders etc,etc, any suggestions ?? perhaps something that`s a bit user friendly for a slightly thick non computer geek .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post