Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
Kevaclone

Default Re: Parking

Reverse parking(if you have any sense) makes sense and is much easier than nose in, It's just a matter of learning to use those things sticking out of the front doors
I reverse my 100 series into places that I watch others struggle to drive into
and then of course when you want to leave you just look left and right and then just drive out, none of this twisting about to see and inching out while looking all around for cars or pedestrians(which are almost non existent in the parking space you are backing into)

Also if you are reverse parking from the street and have indicated such then vehicles behind are required to stop and let you park or over take if it is safe to do so

As a driver who has to get a 14m-19m long vehicle into spaces not made for such vehicles and have no hope of driving into, I just reverse in and goes straight in
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
from jalopnik of a Aston Martin Driver who likes to use two spaces (maybe he just doesn't like inconsiderate parkers scratching his doors)
Those spaces already look wider then the average space in Australia.
American parking spaces seam to be a little bit wider to fit in all their massive vehicles.

I saw someone in a BA XR6 Do this yesterday, he just wasn't on such an angle
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
Kevaclone

See it all the time at Moronfield shopping centre, Porsche 911 owner, and yes it's to minimize car door damage, not sure about idiots pushing shopping trolleys past though
Old 28-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #34
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
from jalopnik of a Aston Martin Driver who likes to use two spaces (maybe he just doesn't like inconsiderate parkers scratching his doors)
There's nothing more inconsiderate than taking up 2 spaces like that, what a scumbag. If he wants to park at a chocko blocked train station (or whatever busy carpark it is) buy a ******* OR USE ONE PARK. I've never vandalized a single in my life but that car would be a good start. I see the sense in wanting to protect your property, but he can get ****** tbh, I'm sure many other people at that carpark would like to do the same.... regardless of what their car is worth, it doesn't mean ****.

One person missed their train this morning.
Old 28-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
See it all the time at Moronfield shopping centre, Porsche 911 owner, and yes it's to minimize car door damage, not sure about idiots pushing shopping trolleys past though
probably because the large numbers of fatties who just throw their doors open into your car up there.

Things would be easier if they were able to fit out without the door open full width.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
Kevaclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
There's nothing more inconsiderate than taking up 2 spaces like that, what a scumbag. If he wants to park at a chocko blocked train station (or whatever busy carpark it is) buy a ******* OR USE ONE PARK. I've never vandalized a single in my life but that car would be a good start. I see the sense in wanting to protect your property, but he can get ****** tbh, I'm sure many other people at that carpark would like to do the same.... regardless of what their car is worth, it doesn't mean ****.

One person missed their train this morning.
Bit like the ******* with the F250s and their 6.5M boat trailers who, instead of parking out along the roadway, but instead park in the boat ramp car park, which they don't fit into so park across 3 spaces,
Old 28-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #37
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

My Uncle drives a 05 F250 7.3 dual cab, and when he parks at shopping centres he has to take two spaces, or the rear end will hang out way too far!

I've noticed in the most recently built carparks in Busselton, either our AUII wagon with its bullbar is either 35-40cms longer than the spot, or theres 15cm on each side from the tyres to the white lines!
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post