The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #31
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: where is the 'dislike' button

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58 View Post
That isn't cheating, in fact if you do lessons in the area which you will be going for your test, the driving instructor will often take you out on some of the routes assessors take. I did about 4 different routes with the instructor before I went for my test. Chill out.
As a former licence tester I am telling you it is against the rules, don't tell me to chill out, I know the rules you don't.

Instructors are not permitted to drive the routes, obviously from time to time they will drive over parts of the routes which is acceptable, driving the full routes from start to finish is against the rules and the instructor would know that, ask one you might be surprised.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #32
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Going for my p's....help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbielee1991 View Post
edited
My post was not directed at you unless you have 2 logins, it was adressed to block58, I suggest you retract your attack?

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 29-11-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
M4CO

Make sure all your lights work, you need to keep your low beams on for the test. I failed automatically my first try at Melton because one of my headlights was out. However booked the next day at Bundoora, never driven there before and passed perfectly. It also helped that the lady was nice and that we were talking during the majority of the test. I never had a professional driving lesson with a instructor and just drove normally as I always do and passed, so you should be fine...no need to stress
Old 29-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and this thread is a major reason why speed limits on highways should not be raised.

Imagine this kid doing 225km/h coming up behind your wife and kids....
Old 29-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
My post was not directed at you unless you have 2 logins, it was adressed to block58, I suggest you retract your attack?
It is funny my instructor drive the routes for the test, even was talking to the tester about it on the day of my licence in the car. Also most people I know the instructor took them the routes of the test.

Even started at vicroads a few times
Old 29-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #36
OCTANEBOSS

Remember Robbie, driving is a privilege, not a right, found that out when i was young twice ??. Read the road, slow and steady mate and you will have it in the bag. Its about attitude dude
Old 30-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #37
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my area, I don't think there is a single "test route" assessors take you on. They could go anywhere around the local area, as long as they get you to do a parallel park, or 3-point turn, etc.
Old 30-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #38
robbyj
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Wear a suit... I passed after a single lesson because while I got 1 mark away from failing, he passed me because he "felt safe". Your attitude to driving should be on display, as well as the driving.
How about rocking up in a full racing suit with a stig helmet haha,
Old 30-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #39
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
remember I was a tester once upon a time
Times do change...... get with the times.
History lesson over.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #40
n0name
2-Stroke

Well that didn't take long for the OP to get banned... anyway for anyone going to attempt your license heres a tip: Drive your own car if you have one and wear the footwear that you do most of your driving in, in my case it was work boots.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Times do change...... get with the times.
History lesson over.
Thanks for the advice, but you are wrong, as an aside I actually used to manage the intricacies of the process for a private testing services provider as well as test occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
It is funny my instructor drive the routes for the test, even was talking to the tester about it on the day of my licence in the car. Also most people I know the instructor took them the routes of the test.

Even started at vicroads a few times
They are not supposed to, just because Vicroads accept it does not mean it is right, it is not against any law, just the rules of being an instructor as set by Vicroads. Don't believe me? Ask a reliable instructor or a reliable Vicroads tester, although they will probably say, "well no we (they) are not supposed to, but . . . . . . "

So you both agree with the 'monkey see, monkey do' process, rather than training people to think outside the square and to learn to deal with difficulties as they arise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
In my area, I don't think there is a single "test route" assessors take you on. They could go anywhere around the local area, as long as they get you to do a parallel park, or 3-point turn, etc.
Testers are required to take people on set routes in Victoria, it supposed to take away any outside input from the tester.

Last edited by Trevor 57; 30-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 30-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #42
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Well this thread wasn't a raging success. We'll leave it at that i think.
Closed Thread