Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Did you request the colour change before it went into production?

If so I'd ask the dealer why it wasn't changed.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #32
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Did you request the colour change before it went into production?

If so I'd ask the dealer why it wasn't changed.
YES. The dealer had told me it was not to late to change. Only to ring me back 2 weeks later saying it was in already production at the time of change. Then his after speaking to his manager I was told that Blue Pearl had been discontinued in nov.05, so the colour change was never logisticly possible.
f6xer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #33
Lowndes2b1
Craig Lowndes'#1Supporter

f6xer, have you seen the green on a car yet, I saw it on a XR6 Turbo Ute today and it looked great. I saw it from one angle and it looked purplish, then walked past it from another direction and thought it was a totally different car.

I'm guessing that your dealer would have something in with de ja vu by now, if not maybe a drive down to the Gold Coast is needed. The dealer I swear by for great prices and exceptional service, Surfside Ford Miami, has one in stock right now.
Old 19-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #34
f6xer

Thank you for the reply Mel. I think I will give Surfside a call. I would dearly love to see the colour as early as possible. My dealer hasn't been much help of late. I have also rang FPV in Melbourne to get some pics but no luck there either. Seeing it with my own to eyes is the only way to know for sure.
f6xer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #35
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Since you cant stop the car from being built since it is already in production, wait and see if you like the colour. If you like it ask for a discount. If you dont like it choose another colour and get anyther one built. You were told that you could have the colour change, weather it be blue or not. It is in writing, ask for a copy of the contract, they cannot deny a party that has signed not to have a copy. So go and get it.

Hope it works out for you.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #36
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Go over there and kick them in the head, u should get what u ordered and except nothing less. stand up for your self.

punching them might make u feel better.
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #37
Rapid260

Really confuse them, say you want Rapid.
Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #38
Quik 1

Just remember when you go and see the car they'll want to sell it to you. Even if you really like it don't show any positive emotions. Make out that its OK but you really had your heart set on Blue. Tell them that although nice, the Green is just disapointing and not lighting your fire. This will make them really work hard when they sharpen the pencil and sweeten the deal.
Don't forget that most of the sales guys earn less per year than what you're spending on your baby. It's your dream - take control of the situation and you could drive away with a terrific deal - Oh what a feeling

My new BA MkII XR6T arrives on the back of truck at my house on Thursday - Lightning Strike, Leather, Premium Sound, Tow Pack, all on road and dealer costs for $40,450. Told them I wanted a blue one and did as above. I love the Silver :

Last edited by Quik 1; 20-12-2005 at 11:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post