Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Highway Patrol Australian TV Series

Haven't seen it as I refuse to watch banality television . But if it is anything like RBT 9 which I was unfortunate enough to have seen in a waiting room by the time you take the opening credits , closing credits , ad breaks , incessant repetition of the scene immediately preceeding the ad break immediately after the ad break and the stupid digital alcohol level readout spinning wildly you'd be lucky to have 5 minutes of actual television in a half hour time slot . These shows are lowest common denominator cheap to make television at its worst .
Old 31-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #32
K93George

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
Haven't seen it as I refuse to watch banality television . But if it is anything like RBT 9 which I was unfortunate enough to have seen in a waiting room by the time you take the opening credits , closing credits , ad breaks , incessant repetition of the scene immediately preceeding the ad break immediately after the ad break and the stupid digital alcohol level readout spinning wildly you'd be lucky to have 5 minutes of actual television in a half hour time slot . These shows are lowest common denominator cheap to make television at its worst .
RBT did get boring quite fast. HWP isn't as bad, in fact it is quite enjoyable and as its online, there won't be any ad breaks but there is a small amount of repetition to let you catch up on what happened as an ad most likely would have been there.
K93George is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #33
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Have TV stations worked out that viewers are that stupid that they cant remember what happened before the add break. Makes it easy I guess, you only need to shoot 5 minutes of footage for a half hour show.
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #34
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
they can spot the bs artists a mile off..

ive always been straight up and never had a problem
I'm the same. I've always been honest and always speak to officers with respect and it does help.

Just the other day I came over a crest and to avoid pot holes was over the double lines and in the centre of the road. I will admit I was going a bit quick as well. Anyway long story short I came over the crest to meet a highway patrol coming in the opposite direction. He chucked a U-turn and pulled me up and asked if he knew why I was pulled up. I admitted I was going a bit quick and over the lines to miss the potholes. After a good chat including him asking about my driving record and also being pulled up a few weeks ago the end result was just a verbal warning, not bad considering it was double demerits a few days before christmas. There are still good officers around.

Also I enjoy the RBT and Highway Patrol series for the fact they are always in areas I know.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #35
Corzza

Thanks for sharing mate.

Iv been searching high and low for this

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I haven't been pulled over by police at all, except for 2 booze busses. I guess I just fly under the radar in my little white girls car.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks OP for linking this Youtube page, there was a few episodes I've been looking for but couldn't find them.

I absolutely love these shows, I wish there was 100 more seasons of Highway Patrol to watch.
Who cares if it's edited/tarted up to make the cops look like heroes and good guys, it makes people respect them for the job they do which is what the majority of society seriously lacks these days.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #38
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like this show. I can't believe the amount of flogs they deal with and you couldn't pay me enough. I just can't understand why people can be so stupid.

My experiences have been mostly positive though with the ones who are rather hard to deal with, if you are assertive you will have a good outcome. Keyword being the bolded part, not a smartarse who knows everything
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #39
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The part I find fascinating about this show is the number of people who "in for a penny, in for a pound" when breaking the law. They are usually detected because of something stupid like speeding, running a red-light, etc. When they are pulled over they start arguing and blatant lying. Then we find that they are driving an unregistered car, over the limit (alcohol and/or drugs), unlicensed, etc, etc. I wonder what it's like to be that "special"?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #40
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and all this while being filmed. Years ago I learnt that if you stick a video camera in someones face and say nothing, they will feel obliged to something, it is as funny as hell.

I love Cops, it is brilliant, particularly the AO version, some of those police don't **** around - LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin View Post
The part I find fascinating about this show is the number of people who "in for a penny, in for a pound" when breaking the law. They are usually detected because of something stupid like speeding, running a red-light, etc. When they are pulled over they start arguing and blatant lying. Then we find that they are driving an unregistered car, over the limit (alcohol and/or drugs), unlicensed, etc, etc. I wonder what it's like to be that "special"?
police call it the trifecta: unreg/unlicenced/uninsured
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cops in Highway Patrol are always so friendly, the highway patrol cop that pulled me over the other day was about as friendly as Hannibal Lexer, but he was fair, specialy after finding out that I had a clean record.(and I was polite and didn't argue with him)
Olbucko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #43
Danny
GT4.

Been watching this, thanks for the link.

I get so so angry at the constantly recurring type of people who get pulled over, I can't even make reference to it, but it's disappointing to see that it is always IMO the same demographic causing trouble, and having no respect for the cops.

I love SC Meghan de Winne, she is great!! I want to go speed around Fawkner just to get pulled up by her! /jk

That said, there is one guy I do not like, that is SC Dean Pickering.. He is stationed around my area, and the way the guy treats the people he pulls over on the show (particularly the Indian and Asian guy) is embarrassing to watch, vacant looks at the camera, face palming, and sarcastic antagonistic comments are not constructive when you're a public servant, and it just comes across as mean spirited and promotes the stereotype that VicPol HWP have.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #44
Bobman
Regulator

I'd love to see Pettett feature in the next season if they make one. Would imagine ratings to go high for that episode.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #45
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was watching this show on 7 a few weeks back, and I noticed that in one particular episode, 3 out of the 4 cars they pulled over were Falcons. They seem to be over-represented when it comes to offenses. Why is this?
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #46
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

There we go, a lot been deleted due to copyright..... FFS

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #47
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T0Y View Post
There we go, a lot been deleted due to copyright..... FFS
Damn... Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post