Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #61
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Hand up here........another idea might be to meet with the guys from the turbo forums they seem to get a good turnout....i've been real busy so i havnt been able to attend anything....but i'll keep my eye out for upcoming events
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #62
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Yeah I'm a Perthian too. Got an EL XR8 and a EF XR6.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
eb2flyz
bettering 13.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey I was gonna see if i could join the club when i had my 97 6 Cyl Fairmont Ghia a couple of months ago. Seems strange that now I own the 3V V8, which i superior in every way (except leather), that i can't.

Can non member go along in the cruises?
you can still join, but as an associate member.

heres a link with some more info

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/...topic.php?t=90

hope that helps

FPV/Tickford Club of W.A

Performance is Electronic

BPT Motorsport
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 AM   #64
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

I don't know about you guys but we need to have a coastal cruise this summer cause the weather improving!!! Got a couple of idea to make it happen though with a massive Ford only turnout!! Oh yeah.

Hey Jimte50 are you going to motorvation this weekend?

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #65
honer
Back to N/A land

I'm a groper
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #66
xr8edute
Thats right baby X-rated

Hands up here too mate. Not on the coast but only a quick burst up the highway to get there.

RIP The Gentleman, Peter Brock 1945-2006
I cant believe they demolished that fatefull tree!!!
xr8edute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #67
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Thanks mate- yeah the idea was I'd give the car a birthday this year and get the bar and side skirts resprayed- 120,000km in 3 years and you have to expect something like that sadly-

the boys there are doing some extra "work" on the engine for me ATM :

haven't seen your car though mate- if we end up having some kind of meet we'll catch up for sure
hey Jim,

i think ive seen your TE up at DT perf in wangara a coupla years back... I was up there getting an exhaust on either my 350Z or Patrol, cant remember, either way yours sounded f'n mean on the dyno !
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #68
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
hey Jim,

i think ive seen your TE up at DT perf in wangara a coupla years back... I was up there getting an exhaust on either my 350Z or Patrol, cant remember, either way yours sounded f'n mean on the dyno !
Thanks buddy! Yeah, it's hard to beat the sound of an iron headed, pushrodded, 2 valve V8 engine at near on 6000rpm I reckon.........

wait til you hear it in a few weeks time :Up_to_som
:

Some don't like it- but I reckon it sounds so racy- it's just gets loud so quick, doesn't drone but with just the twin lukey race's no res' or anything it does sound like the old school V8 should- I am scared to change the note, but with the heads and cam etc- that alone will make a difference and I really should beef up the pipes to help free up the new-found HP a bit more; will just have to try and keep the sound as close as I can..........

so you have a 350z (too?) sweet- my fave 2 door jap car
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #69
nang3

Quote:
Thanks buddy! Yeah, it's hard to beat the sound of an iron headed, pushrodded, 2 valve V8 engine at near on 6000rpm I reckon.........

wait til you hear it in a few weeks time :Up_to_som
:

Some don't like it- but I reckon it sounds so racy- it's just gets loud so quick, doesn't drone but with just the twin lukey race's no res' or anything it does sound like the old school V8 should- I am scared to change the note, but with the heads and cam etc- that alone will make a difference and I really should beef up the pipes to help free up the new-found HP a bit more; will just have to try and keep the sound as close as I can..........

so you have a 350z (too?) sweet- my fave 2 door jap car

nah when i saw your car I still owned the Z , thats what i was up at D&T performance for - getting hiflo cats and twins put on it and they dynoed your car as I was leaving.. But since then ive sold the Z and have a new Black Typhoon and love it haha... its stock as a rock tho *babow* for the moment
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #70
FRIKA
FRIKA

Hey Jim,

You must be everywhere I saw your car in cannington a while back.
Very nice. Apologise for the pool of drool i left behind.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:51 AM   #71
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR AYTE
Hey Jim,

You must be everywhere I saw your car in cannington a while back.
Very nice. Apologise for the pool of drool i left behind.
mate- I am everywhere! But I'm not hard to miss, eh? (I can not park out the front of Langtrees)

Glad you like my ride, I'm so proud of it- it's amazing how much of a head turner it is- I saw it coming down the road from a test drive at Titans the other day and I was drooling!! lol

My first car was a 1985 Daihatsu Scat (lol for those in the know!), a 1982 Nissan MQ SWB Patrol and I have had 5 Fords since I turned 18- a 95 XG auto Xr6, a 98 AU1 XR8 manual sedan, a 98 XHII XR8 manual (185kw), a new 2001 AU2 XR8 auto sedan (220kw) and the T3 I bought new in 2003- I have NEVER had a car this long and I have NEVER looked forward to driving anything like I do when I get to drive my car- which is about 800km a week; and I love every bloody minute of it- I love how it drives, the way it sounds, the fact that not everyone has one or even know what it is- but against everything the AU was taken as , I love the way it looks- I always have, I love what I have done with it- it suits me in every way I can think of and nothing that is material in this world gives me the joy this car does.

And I can not wait til the day I can see this car giving my son the same joy it has given me.

GO THE T3!!

Anyway- I WILL get to the Tickford/FPV Owners Club one Day- I downloaded and filled out the application which has been sitting in the front of my diary since September last year- I want to join your Clan!!

I just can't ever seem to get around to doing it............ But I will.

XR AYTE do you live out this way (Cannington area- I'm in Canning Vale)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #72
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

WA here also Im a northie.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #73
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
mate- I am everywhere! But I'm not hard to miss, eh? (I can not park out the front of Langtrees)

Glad you like my ride, I'm so proud of it- it's amazing how much of a head turner it is- I saw it coming down the road from a test drive at Titans the other day and I was drooling!! lol

My first car was a 1985 Daihatsu Scat (lol for those in the know!), a 1982 Nissan MQ SWB Patrol and I have had 5 Fords since I turned 18- a 95 XG auto Xr6, a 98 AU1 XR8 manual sedan, a 98 XHII XR8 manual (185kw), a new 2001 AU2 XR8 auto sedan (220kw) and the T3 I bought new in 2003- I have NEVER had a car this long and I have NEVER looked forward to driving anything like I do when I get to drive my car- which is about 800km a week; and I love every bloody minute of it- I love how it drives, the way it sounds, the fact that not everyone has one or even know what it is- but against everything the AU was taken as , I love the way it looks- I always have, I love what I have done with it- it suits me in every way I can think of and nothing that is material in this world gives me the joy this car does.

And I can not wait til the day I can see this car giving my son the same joy it has given me.

GO THE T3!!

Anyway- I WILL get to the Tickford/FPV Owners Club one Day- I downloaded and filled out the application which has been sitting in the front of my diary since September last year- I want to join your Clan!!

I just can't ever seem to get around to doing it............ But I will.

XR AYTE do you live out this way (Cannington area- I'm in Canning Vale)

Not too far I live in East Vic Park.

Look forward to meeting you at the club. Im relatively new there anyway.
Great club with a great bunch of guys with extensive knowledge.

Well good to see your clockinh up the K's cause thats whats its for. I spew that i work in town and dont get to drive my car that often.

Thats another reason I joined the club so i can go on cruises.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #74
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

/me waves his FPV/TOCWA Flag Proudly
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #75
Annie1962
Annie

West Aussie here... near Freo py: