Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
Papug

Default Service-oil warning light

I am getting a Service oil warning light when starting the car (MA diesel).
Oil level is OK and service was done 3 months ago. Service adviser at Ford told me to reset the computer by depressing accelerator and breaks together for 10sec (with ignition key turned on). However that has not worked and I am still getting that warning light.
Maybe someone knows another method to perform the reset of the computer.

Regards

Greg

Papug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Service-oil warning light

Hi Papug,

I suspect nearly everyone has experienced this problem on the MA series cars (and probably the MB and MC versions too).

It happens because the service interrval in Europe was 20,000 km intervals, but Ford Oz changed this to 15,000 km intervals for whatever reasons. So the "oil service" required light activates during the next 15000 km at 20,000 km or 40,000 km distances. The 60,000 will be ok but then the cycle starts again.

When I saw this I used the Ignition on but engine not running, brake and accelerator depressed for 10 secs to no avail. Finally discovered it took much longer than 10 secs - I seem to recall about 30 secs to get the display reset.

I also can't remember if it is pedals first then switch ignition to "on" position or Switch to "on" and then depress brake and accelerator.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
Papug

Thanks Alan for your explanation. I will try both methods and see which one is the correct one.

Cheers

Greg
Old 20-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep us up to date with the outcome!!!
Old 20-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
sande94
Starter Motor

Close doors
Turn ignition to number 2 (dashboard lights on if you have keyless start)
Press both the brake and accelerator at the same time for about 15-30sec seconds
Message will come up to reset
Press OK on the wheel
sande94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
Papug

Reporting successful reset. Alan's advised worked. Ignition "on", depress breaks and accelerator, approx. after 25 seconds following message appeared:"Service oil reset completed".
Thank you Alan and others contributing to this message.

Kind regards

Greg
Old 20-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the information!
Maybe the mods could add this to the DIY section or make as a sticky, as I am positive that this question will be asked again...