Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
austrav
Blue blood

Default 2010 lv engine light

I know it could be a number of things but my engine light has come on today and aint going out. The manual suggests only to be concerned if it is flashing which its not but I find that description a bit odd. Car travels 40klms a week max and on the weekend I took it for a 400k spin which i guess is out of character for it. Any ideas guys?

Current rides: 2010 Falcon G6E , 2011 SZ Territory TS Diesel AWD. Before: 2011 Focus Zetec LV, 2003 XR6 Falcon ute BA. 2006 Subaru Forester X. 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia 4 cylinder.
austrav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2010 lv engine light

First thing is to check all the sensor wiring plugs are tight particularly the airflow meter.
If you had access to friendly mechanic they can plug in the tester to the cars computer to get the fault number and thus the problem.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

As above, only way to properly diagnose is with an OBD scanner. Check but effective ones these days from anywhere between $20-$100 off ebay.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
rand0mn00b

in the LT handbook it says the check engine light has to do with emissions

the first thing I would check is the air filter. if it's dirty try changing it, however it took a few KMs of driving for the light to go out after changing it. however it could well be something more dramatic as stated in previous posts.

another thing to look out for is that the battery is not on its way out - a couple of other owners have reported that (coincidentally for me both my battery and air filter needed changing at around the same time, so I can't say for sure which one it is)
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
austrav
Blue blood

Wow... electric...just so happened I put a new headlight in on friday. Also the headlight came from my terri. Original I took out and replaced with some better ones. Saw it in the garage and wondered if it fit and it did. Maybe I screwed something up here. Thanks for advice everyone.
Current rides: 2010 Falcon G6E , 2011 SZ Territory TS Diesel AWD. Before: 2011 Focus Zetec LV, 2003 XR6 Falcon ute BA. 2006 Subaru Forester X. 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia 4 cylinder.
Old 23-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
austrav
Blue blood

Took it to ford today and they diagnosed it as "deteriorated catalytic converter". They are replacing under warranty but part is not available....

I have only just hit 17000 klms in this car and it will be 3 in April next year.. Should this have failed so quickly?