Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #31
Focusfan

Default Re: 3 years for killing a top bloke

By the way regarding my comment about some hoons in the forums. Is a few not the majority and not it seems in this tread.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: 3 years for killing a top bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96 View Post
I imagine, having killed someone while driving under the influence would be devastating for someone, and dealing with that pain would only have one slide towards those deamons (sic) more.

My only point is this guy isn't a criminal, just a moron who made his own dumb luck, while taking the life of another, devastating the lives of many others!
Oooh, the poor little diddums is devastated to the point of having done it before, then having taken someones life, then having been caught doing the exact same thing and stopped by the police before he killed someone again. Yes my heart bleeds for this little misunderstood troglodyte.
When is it going to be enough? What body count is necessary before we throw the book at this scumbag?

Back in the early 90's, a guy who had been my best mate for many years (we lost touch after I moved away) was speeding his motorbike through a suburban street one afternoon doing 150 in a 60 zone. He went straight through a pedestrian crossing as he couldn't stop and hit a mother and daughter. The mother was killed and the little girl is in a wheelchair for life. He came from a good, loving home, but had been smoking dope before the fateful ride. At the time, I was a second year law student and he contacted me to ask for advice to help him get off.
After a lifelong friendship to him I told him the best advice I could give him was to face the music. He was not happy with that, and I reminded him of the plight of the young family he destroyed. I don't know if my advice helped him, but he ended up going to prison. He did 14 years and got out early on good behaviour. Of course, this was before magistrates were frightened little leftards scared to sentence anyone to prison, and before governments outlined maximum penalties based on budgetary constraints.
After sentencing he took it like a man, and apologised to the court and the families affected for his behaviour.

I visited him in Long Bay a few years after whilst there for another client, and surprisingly he was very at peace with his fate for what he had done - he felt he should have got more time. He wasn't looking forward to getting out either, as he couldn't reconcile what he had taken away from someone and the hurt he had caused. I didn't hear from him again and more than 10 years later, saw his mother on a flight to Joburg (she heard my name on a cabin announcement and asked one of the stewards to speak to me). I learned that after getting out he took his own life because he couldn't come to terms with what he had done. Now contrast this guy Craig with this knob of a parasite who has done a similar thing, then done it again, and again.

3 years for negligently causing the death of someone is an insult, and judging by this fools actions of repeating the offence he hasn't learned a thing.
For those defending this criminal (yes, vehicular manslaughter, motor vehicle theft and drink driving occasioning death are criminal offences under the NSW crimes act) I'd like you to entertain a thought - as I said to Craig at the time of the accident, imagine if it was your mother and sister that were the victims. What would you want done to the bastard that destroyed your family?

Quote: