Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
Binny

Default Re: 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium Powershift Clutch Replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
2nd time i have watched this video, on the vehicles with these transmissions without all the special gear/tools, the do it your selfer would be banging his head up against the wall at every turn, the days of do it yourself and cheap repairs are coming to an end on a lot of cars these days..
For sure. Especially with the engines themselves. Now petrol engines have caught up with diesel as far as common rail direct injection, high compression and turbos, they are more complicated than ever. All the anti diesel brigades rhetoric about the cost of repairing them is becoming irrelevant as petrol engines are now the same. The only difference is the particulate filter and that may change as well. I have read a few articles about how petrol engines with the above tech can produce the same amount of particulate as diesels. Its on the Internet though so grain of salt required.

I remember many years ago when my XF ute needed a rebuild I bought a factory service manual and a rebuild kit and did it myself. I had never done anything like it before so it was a great learning experience.
You couldn't do that now, the complication and cost of tools would be too prohibitive.