Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
MrFusion
Starter Motor

Default MC Zetec Hatch towbar

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a towbar fitted on my newly acquired MC Mondeo zetec hatch. I tried my local (carasel towbars) and was told they can't help me.

It looks like it's either going to have to go to Ford or a retailer of Hayman Reece towbars.

Does anybody know a place in Sydney that does towbars for a good price?

Thanks,
Matt
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: MC Zetec Hatch towbar

I would stick with Genuine Ford, remember MC will need a tow bar module as well. I have a friend that works at a Ford dealer, if you like I can get a price for you? Where abouts are you located? Did you go to Carasel at Pendle Hill?
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
MrFusion
Starter Motor

Yep Carasel at Pendle Hill said they didn't have anything for my model.

I got a quote from Thomson Ford in Parramatta - supply only for $595 and fitting is of course extra
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Just remember you need a tow bar, goose neck, tow ball, wiring and module. I priced through the dealer I use and they quoted $950 for a genuine parts fitted. Just check with Thomson ford as they are also a TJM dealer, they may have quoted you an aftermarket unit...

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 05-08-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Mistake in wording..
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post