Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
Night_EF
Starter Motor

Default Series 1 Forte Questions

Hi all,

My Forte is still hovering about 106,000kms so internally it's still good but the exterior I want to just clean up a little. Some things are small and I guess most people wouldn't bother with it, but it gives me some ocd lol

1- There's some clear coat peel on the boot and fade on the roof I want to clean up, and some dents around the rear left wheel arch I want sorted out, who should I see for this? ( or google )

2- The boot is missing the gas struts that holds it up when opened, I bought a pair on ebay, are they straight forward to install? or should I bring them to a workshop.

3- The rear spoiler: the left side can't be screwed down, what should I do to hold it down? I thought about finding a spoiler at a wreckers or something and bolting that on but if there's a way I can hold it down I'll give it a try.

4- One thing I want improved are the brakes, they are not the worst but would anyone know an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade them? ( Sydney area )

Thanks
Night_EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool Re: Series 1 Forte Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_EF View Post
Hi all,

My Forte is still hovering about 106,000kms so internally it's still good but the exterior I want to just clean up a little. Some things are small and I guess most people wouldn't bother with it, but it gives me some ocd lol

1- There's some clear coat peel on the boot and fade on the roof I want to clean up, and some dents around the rear left wheel arch I want sorted out, who should I see for this? ( or google )

2- The boot is missing the gas struts that holds it up when opened, I bought a pair on ebay, are they straight forward to install? or should I bring them to a workshop.

3- The rear spoiler: the left side can't be screwed down, what should I do to hold it down? I thought about finding a spoiler at a wreckers or something and bolting that on but if there's a way I can hold it down I'll give it a try.

4- One thing I want improved are the brakes, they are not the worst but would anyone know an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade them? ( Sydney area )

Thanks
No 2 is a straight easy install. Mind you head
No 3 Take the whole spoiler off and check the connections
No 4 Check the AU brake post, it has every thing you need.
And Welcome
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
Night_EF
Starter Motor

Default Re: Series 1 Forte Questions

thanks, glad it's a simple install. As for the spoiler, the holes where the screws go in can't be used on the left side, it's pretty bad lol

I seen the AU 2 and 3 series brake thread, I'll look for one applicable to me
Old 26-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question Re: Series 1 Forte Questions

Quote:
thanks, glad it's a simple install. As for the spoiler, the holes where the screws go in can't be used on the left side, it's pretty bad lol

I seen the AU 2 and 3 series brake thread, I'll look for one applicable to me
You need the Series 1 bits. Pick and pay less @ Blacktown have heaps of AU II/III you can get what you need. What colour spolier?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 26-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #5
Night_EF
Starter Motor

Blacktown? cheers not far from me, and it's (B5) Sparkling Burgundy
Old 26-01-2016, 08:27 PM   #6
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Blacktown? cheers not far from me, and it's (B5) Sparkling Burgundy
Before you head out there look them up on the interweb first as they have all there cars up and lists of removed parts. The $2 entry fee is nothing, but the drive out there with tools to find the part you are after has been taken already is an irritation
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken

True that, you do need the gear to get what you need off. There are a few Burgundy AUs but U can't remember the nic of the paint. FordPro @ 94 Victoria St, Smithfield, Sydney have the items as well but will remove/get the bits you want.
UK
Old 01-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #8
Brendo71
Starter Motor

in regards to your spoiler screw problem, you could try filling up the dodgy hole/s with epoxy putty. Once dry you simply drill a small pilot hole and let the screw do the rest. Saves buying a whole new spoiler!
Brendo71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post