Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #151
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Do you warm up your car on cold mornings?

The dealer I trained at was a taxi service dealer until the late 70.s. Many other fleet operators use their vehicles far more than taxi operators. lot of fleet have pool vehicles-internal emergency transport vehicles that get abused by low skilled drivers and end up at auction as bargins or back on to car dealer lots after a rebuild.

Newcastle when I started had a fleet of HJ-HZ on LPG or diesel. Local rule changed early 80's to limit the age of this fleet. The XD-XF falcon running lpg then VN/VP 3.8.

Photos from 1974 flood in Newcastle show taxi ranks full of XY/XW HT/HG and early hemi valiant.

Friends of mine in the business had holden due to the service cost. The engine wear wasn't an issue, as they could purchase holden motor or a painted trimmed body shell cheap.

AT tech the mechanical ssection had many industrial holden motors removed from scraped HJ fleet that was no longer street legal.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #152
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Do you warm up your car on cold mornings?

Quote:
and normal temp of 98-105 after 20 km.
when water temp gets to 94c I get an oil temp of between 98-105 .
on the hyway it sits about 99. I was questioning this number as I can touch the oil on the dipstick.

the transmission 4 speed in traffic can alsp get to the similar temps. on the hyway it drops to water temperature.

I recently had to change a drive belt noticed when I replaced the coils and manifold gasket. so I fitted new hoses and coolant. when I was there.
I replaced the thermostat with an 82 XD hi flow to see what occurs. and was surprised that only difference was it took 3 KM more to get to same temperatures.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post