Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Well today my work asked a 3rd person to take leave as things have slowed down. Im probably the next as i have the most leave accrued. The project managers wife got laid off after 20 years service with the same company as a sales person. My apprentices mum got laid off, and so did my mate who rents a place off me. Its all getting too real too fast with how the economy has been hit.
6 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Clearly the cops from SA, NSW, and Qld will need to manage this critical border crossing point.

4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Got talking to the head of the section of the school that I work out of this afternoon and she said straight out that attendances are at 50% and falling.
I told her about my position and intentions and she said she doubts they'll go on after Friday anyway. Said she would prefer it closed and wants her own children out of school but apparently the high school they go to have no programs for stay at home learning at this stage.
Teachers don't want to be there.

During my drop off a number of parents asked me not to come from now on, keeping them home. Minimum is 4 to keep going, had 7 today.

Contacted our kids school today to signal our intentions to pull them out from Friday, told the 16yo can have work sent through online but nothing available for the 8yr old.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Well today my work asked a 3rd person to take leave as things have slowed down. Im probably the next as i have the most leave accrued. The project managers wife got laid off after 20 years service with the same company as a sales person. My apprentices mum got laid off, and so did my mate who rents a place off me. Its all getting too real too fast with how the economy has been hit.
The other thing I hope your works looks at is age and health issues of who it lays off. Some of the older folks here put their hands up, totally reasonable . Any smokers might be not the best either given the respiratory risks.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
The other thing I hope your works looks at is age and health issues of who it lays off. Some of the older folks here put their hands up, totally reasonable . Any smokers might be not the best either given the respiratory risks.
Nobody has been laid off at my work yet. One bloke decided to take leave as work has slowed down, then said yes to taking another week when work asked. One bloke took a couple of days to attend a wedding of overseas people and doesnt qualify for the test, so work said unless there is a negative test report, 2 weeks for you, and you need to meet a criteria to get tested. The other bloke has no work as he works in, and only works in, 1 building thats been shut down due to 9 confirmed cases. Its still a dicey situation for me. I pay a mortgage and bills. Regardless of payment freezes, i still need a job. Anything centrelink is rubbish compared to getting paid. Its one of those things i try not to stress about. But it plays in the back of my mind. Espesially as there are now so many people equally as able to do my job, out of work, willing to get back into the workforce for less then what i get paid. I have my long service up my sleeve, i may use that as a threat as i dunno how pretty the amount in payroll is at the moment.
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread