Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Au contraire chap. It's a virus, not a disease. There's a difference. A virus comes and goes, a disease can last a lifetime. You're right, it's not about me, it is about everyone else. Everyone else who is susceptible to complications should do the right thing (we're all in this together apparently) and isolate. The sick, infirm and elderly should have the support required to avoid contact with the rest of society. The government has handled this back to front, while accepting no responsibility, under the guise of the advice of medical experts.

An interesting article below, apparently one of the most read today.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/inq...c5f51346c92051
Excess vitamins will not help you. If you think they will then I have a bridge for sale.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #2
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Excess vitamins will not help you. If you think they will then I have a bridge for sale.
You can stick to Rockefeller based medicine, I'll give natural treatment a go. We've survived as a human race since the beginning of time with viruses around, I'll take my chances. Good luck to you chap nevertheless.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
prydey
Rob

Quote:
You can stick to Rockefeller based medicine, I'll give natural treatment a go. We've survived as a human race since the beginning of time with viruses around, I'll take my chances. Good luck to you chap nevertheless.
vitamins are good for you. i agree. however i said 'excess' vitamins will offer no benefit. the body only uses what it needs. The rest will just end up as expensive urine, or just a waste of money.

However, they won't prevent you getting the virus. They won't prevent you spreading the virus.

As for the survival rate, you might want to research how many die when there is no vaccine and no attempt to reduce community transmission.

If you want to listen to the non 'official' so called experts and their modelling on main stream media and social media, then that's on you but the govt have been pretty good in keeping people updated with the facts. To my knowledge they aren't the ones with the scaremongering 'what if' scenarios and modelling.

So while you may feel healthy and fine and think its not going to bother you, it may bother those you come in contact with. While statistically it appears to affect one age group more than others, that doesn't mean younger healthier people aren't dying from it. Just because they haven't yet in australia doesn't mean they won't. Perhaps that is just credit to the govt measures in place. Vulnerable people are not just old people or 'sick and infirmed' people either.

Its easy to look at the numbers and think 'oh, its not that bad,more people die from....' but it ignores the measures implemented to prevent it being worse.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
vitamins are good for you. i agree. however i said 'excess' vitamins will offer no benefit. the body only uses what it needs. The rest will just end up as expensive urine, or just a waste of money.

However, they won't prevent you getting the virus. They won't prevent you spreading the virus.

As for the survival rate, you might want to research how many die when there is no vaccine and no attempt to reduce community transmission.

If you want to listen to the non 'official' so called experts and their modelling on main stream media and social media, then that's on you but the govt have been pretty good in keeping people updated with the facts. To my knowledge they aren't the ones with the scaremongering 'what if' scenarios and modelling.

So while you may feel healthy and fine and think its not going to bother you, it may bother those you come in contact with. While statistically it appears to affect one age group more than others, that doesn't mean younger healthier people aren't dying from it. Just because they haven't yet in australia doesn't mean they won't. Perhaps that is just credit to the govt measures in place. Vulnerable people are not just old people or 'sick and infirmed' people either.

Its easy to look at the numbers and think 'oh, its not that bad,more people die from....' but it ignores the measures implemented to prevent it being worse.
I never said I won't contract CV-19, that's impossible, everyone will eventually get it, no matter that social distancing policies the government puts in place. I'm not concerned about getting it and will deal with it in a manner that I'm happy with. Having had pneumonia twice in the past which required hospitalisation, it's the last place I'd want to end up, unless I'm prepared to die.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Perhaps this hour long video from Dr Shiva might shed some light on your misinformed opinion. I'm not blaming you, you're a victim of the official narrative from government 'health' and big pharma.

https://youtu.be/k05b8aGDCNI
Old 05-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Quote:
. I'm not blaming you, you're a victim of the official narrative from government 'health' and big pharma.
]
Wrong. My daughter does nutrition and diatetics. The role vitamins play is fairly well established.

If you have a healthy diet (which we do) then most, if not all of the vitamins you need are taken care of. Yes, being healthy will help you fight any virus you get. It won't stop you dying though if you get something bad enough. Not to mention if you have a compromised immune system.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #7
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wrong. My daughter does nutrition and diatetics. The role vitamins play is fairly well established.

If you have a healthy diet (which we do) then most, if not all of the vitamins you need are taken care of. Yes, being healthy will help you fight any virus you get. It won't stop you dying though if you get something bad enough. Not to mention if you have a compromised immune system.
All praise to anyone who can stick to a decent diet I reckon . Got to help for all sorts of reasons virus or no virus. I do eat some junk at times and am a tick on the heavier side than ideal let's just say .

In this regard to what I take in to my body is I've not chosen to smoke mostly on the back of watching Mum go primarily because of it thirty years ago and I don't drink . No issues with anybody who does though. No preaching from me on either because it's whatever you choose is your choice , nobody else.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #8
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
All praise to anyone who can stick to a decent diet I reckon . Got to help for all sorts of reasons virus or no virus. I do eat some junk at times and am a tick on the heavier side than ideal let's just say .

In this regard to what I take in to my body is I've not chosen to smoke mostly on the back of watching Mum go primarily because of it thirty years ago and I don't drink . No issues with anybody who does though. No preaching from me on either because it's whatever you choose is your choice , nobody else.

Both my daughters are type 1 diabetic and my wife is coeliac. Both auto immune diseases. Eating healthy isn't that hard when it's habitual. No alcohol or smokes either. I also cycle to work and average about 250-300km a week on the bike. Being healthy is important especially when immune systems are compromised.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #9
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Perhaps this hour long video from Dr Shiva might shed some light on your misinformed opinion. I'm not blaming you, you're a victim of the official narrative from government 'health' and big pharma.

https://youtu.be/k05b8aGDCNI
Can i genuinely ask what is 'little pharma' then?
2 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2020, 02:14 PM   #10
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Can i genuinely ask what is 'little pharma' then?
I have this bathtub...
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread