Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
they are being isolated. there is no risk. they just get reported as a statistic and the media paint a false picture.
Are you sure about that? I remember in the first month or so, people who where supposed to be in isolation after testing positive were roaming all around town.
Old 19-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7
Haha how did you manage to see that add its not long aired here, we have some very patronising propaganda teaching what should be common sense.
Went viral as soon as it was aired. I saw it what ? several days ago.

I REALLY love a lot of things about unzud and seriously considered moving to picton or surrounds, but I don't like everything. Not a fan of your current government, but then anything compared to our politicians. I mean I'd rather Trump.....
Old 19-06-2020, 10:06 PM   #3
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Went viral as soon as it was aired. I saw it what ? several days ago.

I REALLY love a lot of things about unzud and seriously considered moving to picton or surrounds, but I don't like everything. Not a fan of your current government, but then anything compared to our politicians. I mean I'd rather Trump.....
Hey your not alone on our Govt and your most welcome here. You might find Picton has a knew name tho it dosn't fit some PC peoples agenda.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 02:06 AM   #4
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but as the news/politics has been so toxic around the world I've been spacing out off in the famous incidents of computer gaming. There's some funny stuff there. This event was legendary - the Corrupted Blood Plague of World of Warcraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFMv_hqinvc

Programming oversight. Deadly pathogen. Unintentional breach of containment. Asymptomatic carriers. Isolation attempts, quarantine attempts. People running for the hills, or swimming to far off islands. Suspicion of others. Trolls spreading it. Cities desolated. Millions of deaths with skeletons piling up.

Here's some raw footage of the plague:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAEhyHiNdrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS8IKiSIfhw

And this guy claims to have unleashed patient zero, after about 10 seconds of moral contemplation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDvxKeLWlA

Last edited by Sprintey; 20-06-2020 at 02:18 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Are you sure about that? I remember in the first month or so, people who where supposed to be in isolation after testing positive were roaming all around town.
There is mandatory hotel quarantine for all incoming people for 14 days. It has been this way for a long time.

Initially there was a requirement for self isolation, which was also enforced by random checks, but this was not sufficient.

But hotel quarantine is not completely safe. There is a cluster in Melbourne caused by one of the workers at Rydges becoming infected.