Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I think a few of them are freaked out by the thought of having a swap shoved up your nose, till it just about touches your brain. Wouldn't be pleasant, but it's only a few seconds of discomfort. Could be worse.
On the test procedure I feel this has changed quite a bit since the early times.
My 2 boys have had tests done the last few weeks.
The first one I took to the drive through facility, I noticed all they did was move the cotton bud style aparatus around his nostril area more than going deep down the nasal passage.
He didn't react one bit, easy as and over in under a minute.
The eldest son I took him up to one of our nearby hospitals, I didn't go in with him but again, no prob at all when I asked how it felt.
So its typically the noise made of it originally, can't believe its that bad now Unless ofcourse Vic Health direct their testers go DEEEPER and TBH I don't blame them down there lol.........
Commondant Klink I mean Andrews probably needs a honing more so you know where than anything else for his actions from a while back and to date.
Cop it right up the A*&e......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 01-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
On the test procedure I feel this has changed quite a bit since the early times.
My 2 boys have had tests done the last few weeks.
The first one I took to the drive through facility, I noticed all they did was move the cotton bud style aparatus around his nostril area more than going deep down the nasal passage.
He didn't react one bit, easy as and over in under a minute.
The eldest son I took him up to one of our nearby hospitals, I didn't go in with him but again, no prob at all when I asked how it felt.
So its typically the noise made of it originally, can't believe its that bad now Unless ofcourse Vic Health direct their testers go DEEEPER and TBH I don't blame them down there lol.........
Commondant Klink I mean Andrews probably needs a honing more so you know where than anything else for his actions from a while back and to date.
Cop it right up the A*&e......
I did hear they are using saliva tests now for kids. Just spit in a little plastic jar.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I did hear they are using saliva tests now for kids. Just spit in a little plastic jar.
Is there any reason why adults cant do that type of test too?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 01-07-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

.....toilet paper and now.....

US buys up global supply of COVID-19 drug

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coron...19-drug_010720

Quote:
The US government appears to have finally taken strong action on the coronavirus pandemic raging within its borders - but in doing so has left the rest of the world hanging.

The federal Health and Human Services Department announced the US had bought up what amounts to the entire global supply of remdesivir, the only drug so far shown to help recovering patients.

"(President Donald Trump) has struck an amazing deal to ensure Americans have access to the first authorised therapeutic for COVID-19," HHS Secretary Alex Azar said in a press release.

"To the extent possible, we want to ensure that any American patient who needs remdesivir can get it."

US hospitals will be permitted to purchase the drug in allocations from the HHS.

However, other Western countries in particular worry about the consequences.

Gilead is the only company allowed to manufacture remdesivir, and the US purchase amounted to 100 per cent of Gilead's projected production for July, 90 per cent of production in August, and 90 per cent of production in September.

In all it adds up to more than half a million treatment courses of the drug, for which hospitals will pay $US3200 apiece ($4641).

While focus in the US has been on whether the drug will be equally available to richer and poorer patients, the rest of the world is left with a a different problem.

"They've got access to most of the drug supply, so there's nothing for Europe,' Dr Andrew Hill of Liverpool University told The Guardian.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has also spoken about the dangers of the US outbidding other Western countries on COVID-19 treatments.

The wholesale cornering of remdesivir has also raised fears about what will happen when a vaccine is finally developed.

Remdesivir is an intravenous antiviral medication studied to treat Ebola but now used on hospitalised COVID-19 patients.

While not a blockbuster drug, a study shows it can reduce a hospital stay by up to four days.

The US has recorded about 2.68 million COVID-19 cases, with more than 129,000 deaths.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 01-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

The case against lockdown - look at Sweden

Is testing identifying a problem of itself?

Surely the measure should be the death rate which is declining?

And what about masks?

3 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #6
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Do not allow anyone from a hotspot in Melbourne or from greater Melbourne to come into your home - you have the right to say no," - Gladys Berejiklian
Old 01-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The case against lockdown - look at Sweden

Is testing identifying a problem of itself?

Surely the measure should be the death rate which is declining?

And what about masks?

Just because you’ve posted some pictures from some “website” doesn’t mean the data is correct.

The funny thing is that most of these Histograms are American states and not countries.

1. How many of these “Lockdowns” are actually enforced and official ?

2. Where is the independent Analysis, and breakdown of the data ?

3. Are Sweden’s borders open or closed, and how does that compare to the other Bars ?

Like I said I’d like to see independent references to data and graphs, and not some pictures from a “Wacko” website.

Mate, build your case, don’t just post graphs 👍

Last edited by Fordman1; 01-07-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #8
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Just because you’ve posted some pictures from some “website” doesn’t mean the data is correct.

The funny thing is that most of these Histograms are American states and not countries.

1. How many of these “Lockdowns” are actually enforced and official ?

2. Where is the independent Analysis, and breakdown of the data ?

3. Are Sweden’s borders open or closed, and how does that compare to the other Bars ?

Like I said I’d like to see independent references to data and graphs, and not some pictures from a “Wacko” website.

Mate, build your case, don’t just post graphs 👍

The data I posted is from wacko websites?

Is that the point you are trying to make?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Is there any reason why adults cant do that type of test too?
I would say it's due to supply. I think it's just new to the market so they only have small stocks. I think it future it might become the norm when they can get decent supplies of it.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread