Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Default Re: Jim Farley interview

Just hope the bean counters don't kill his vision and spirit, be interesting to see if there are any wins planned for the colony re new products..
The "do you want a focus or bronco" comment was interesting... I guess that means that the focus is a dodo too?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Just hope the bean counters don't kill his vision and spirit, be interesting to see if there are any wins planned for the colony re new products..
The "do you want a focus or bronco" comment was interesting... I guess that means that the focus is a dodo too?
In the US they dropped the Focus...which was originally to going to be switched to Chinese production and imported back to the US iirc. I'm not sure but I also think some negative public comments from the US president, (the one that tweets, not the FoMoCo president ) also had an influence on switching production. Then finally came the decision to kill all passenger cars in N/A.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
In the US they dropped the Focus...which was originally to going to be switched to Chinese production and imported back to the US iirc. I'm not sure but I also think some negative public comments from the US president, (the one that tweets, not the FoMoCo president ) also had an influence on switching production. Then finally came the decision to kill all passenger cars in N/A.
Original plan was to add Focus to Fusion at Hermosillo and new products at Cuautitlan and San Louis Potosi.
Car sales started to on the skids so Ford cancelled SLP, Focus, Fusion and Fiesta so it could build new
products in existing Mexican plants. Ford then saved $500 million by sourcing Focus from China but then
Trump picked a fight with Chynah.. The aim was to use the imported Focus Active as the new US Focus
but it crashed in clinics , the yanks virtually throttled the Fusion to death with a modest makeover in 2015.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: