Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2022, 01:22 PM   #1
sixman

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

The brilliant part of the Russian strategy is that through fake news etc. they have convinced the gullible parts of the West that they/Russia are morally correct. Then they have sown the seeds of division, and in the digital age the west is engaged in endless pointless debate/argument with itself left vs right, woke vs patriot etc.
I mean just look at what people post here.
Meanwhile Putin goes about as he likes and we call each other names and bemoan our own demise lol
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
6 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 02:00 PM   #2
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixman View Post
The brilliant part of the Russian strategy is that through fake news etc. they have convinced the gullible parts of the West that they/Russia are morally correct. Then they have sown the seeds of division, and in the digital age the west is engaged in endless pointless debate/argument with itself left vs right, woke vs patriot etc.
I mean just look at what people post here.
Meanwhile Putin goes about as he likes and we call each other names and bemoan our own demise lol
I dunno where you got all that from?

Did it just show up on your smart phone this morning?

From what i can see it is the media that is pushing an anti Russian addenda, far from what you are asserting.

Show me a news source that says he is a good guy?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 27-02-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do we have a ‘troll’ around here?
Old 27-02-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how people are so quick to dismiss other opinions, even though there is insufficient evidence to prove otherwise.

Here is an interesting interview with an ex UN weapons inspector, an American but has family ties in Georgia, so you could say he has connections to the region. Georgia was at war with Russia not that long ago, and supposedly over a similar issue.

His summation is very similar to that in the video that George V posted earlier (how many actually watched it?). When different sources start to collaborate, its time to take notice. IMHO.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 27-02-2022 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Schpelling
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 02:34 PM   #5
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Funny how people are so quick to dismiss other opinions, even though there is insufficient evidence to prove otherwise.

Here is an interesting interview with an ex UN weapons inspector, an American but has family ties in Georgia, so you could say he has connections to the region. Georgia was at war with Russia not that long ago, and supposedly over a similar issue.

His summation is very similar to that in the video that George V posted earlier (how many actually watched it?). When different sources start to collaborate, its time to take notice. IMHO.

Thank you.

A United Nations weapons inspector, must be fake news

The old saying "The first casualty of war is the truth" certainly applies.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 27-02-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just watched the first 25 mts of Ritter; will watch the rest later.

Vladimir doesn't understand that only the West is allowed to invade other countries. I've heard our foreign minister mention that wonderful thing, the 'international rules-based order'.

Yeah, but we, the West, make up those rules. Like when we invaded Iraq almost 19 years ago now, 'justified' by a pack of lies and so-called 'intelligence' about non-existent WMD. (I think Ritter was calling out those lies way back then.)

We need to be careful (I include myself in that), like Ritter says, about propaganda being used to sway our opinions in this war, such as the 13 who died (allegedly) defending that small island.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #7
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

It seemz ze Chermen military haz gone woke too

Closed Thread