Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-04-2024, 08:54 PM   #1
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
It seems I have spent the last four days picking up the slack or incompetence of others.

Mistakes made by laziness, jobs having to be done twice because the first person didn't do it properly, jobs done half ars.d to save time, or things that were asked to be done but were left for other less important jobs.

As such, the boss has paid for things to be done twice, or in other words, half productivity. But its ok, "someone else will fix it"................. me.
I was once told to do the best you can at work, because when you go on holiday they see how much they either need or don't need you.

Don't worry any good boss worth their salt can see who the good ones are.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2024, 09:47 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
I was once told to do the best you can at work, because when you go on holiday they see how much they either need or don't need you.

Don't worry any good boss worth their salt can see who the good ones are.
Oh trust me, I know how that works, evidenced by the mountain of work that DIDN"T get done while I was away.

Thing is, when its a family business, certain employees get a free pass, can't upset the apple cart, so the non-family employees are the ones who get the brunt of the boss's frustrations. "Do as we say, not as we do..........."
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2024, 10:02 PM   #3
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Oh trust me, I know how that works, evidenced by the mountain of work that DIDN"T get done while I was away.

Thing is, when its a family business, certain employees get a free pass, can't upset the apple cart, so the non-family employees are the ones who get the brunt of the boss's frustrations. "Do as we say, not as we do..........."
I know what you mean, I used to bite my tongue a lot because I had a mortgage, but once that was gone, no more taking $#!t from anyone, its funny how they go from "you can be replaced" to you are a valued employee , the boss I have now knows that I will not stand for any Bull dust and we get on fine.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
I know what you mean, I used to bite my tongue a lot because I had a mortgage, but once that was gone, no more taking $#!t from anyone, its funny how they go from "you can be replaced" to you are a valued employee , the boss I have now knows that I will not stand for any Bull dust and we get on fine.
I gave up kissing *** many, many years ago. I'm a very literal type of person, if I'm corrected or pulled up on something, then I go out of my way to make sure that never happens again. As such, I have a huge problem when the same rules don't apply to family employees, because I know who ends up having to fix the problem, or I end up taking the blame for it.

I've snapped back several times over the years for that sort of hypocritical behavior, but then guess who ends up being labelled the nazi? Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, and too many standards, so its hard to please everyone.

If that sounds like I would be murder to work with, well you'd be correct. I know what I am, I have high standards and don't suffer fools gladly. Do me wrong and you will know about it. But guess who gets the work done.
Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 20-04-2024, 11:36 AM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Been there in my early days of working career experiencing that type of crap thrown out you, said bye bye after covering other people's laziness, I use to put my hand out for more pay, if refused I moved on which was the usual case.

If you are a good worker, you will find other jobs.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2024, 06:56 PM   #6
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Garden client wanting pest control advice at 5.50pm on a Sunday evening.
Mustang GT

Old 21-04-2024, 07:21 PM   #7
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Garden client wanting pest control advice at 5.50pm on a Sunday evening.
Pest control, a simple F off should have done the job quite well
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #8
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I had the perfect opportunity, upon hearing the distinct sound of a GM Streamliner, to run over the road and take some pictures as it chuffed by.

Even better as it came into view, the train was a double header with 2 1950's Streamliners pulling it. Excitedly, I managed to get three pictures only to discover the camera's memory ran out of space on 2 and the first picture had the first diesel behind a large tree !! dumar*e.

I think the next town heard my disappointment.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 03:43 PM   #9
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Waited an hour for a simple blood test that took all of two minutes to complete.
Mustang GT