Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
Bomberfan
Starter Motor

Default Newbie with a CL Focus

Hi guys and girls,
Been having a quick look around the forum and it looks fantastic. I have a question about my 2005 Focus CL. Is it possible to fit a Zetec front bumper and lower air dam and also the driving lights? I wasn't sure whether or not the loom for the driving lights would be run in my car and exactly where it would end. I am hoping that it is at least run to inside the dash so all I have to do there is fit a switch, but I am assuming I will probably have to extend the loom where it ends under the bonnet to reach the driving lights. Can anyone provide me some answers?

Thanks

Old 29-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberfan
Hi guys and girls,
Been having a quick look around the forum and it looks fantastic. I have a question about my 2005 Focus CL. Is it possible to fit a Zetec front bumper and lower air dam and also the driving lights? I wasn't sure whether or not the loom for the driving lights would be run in my car and exactly where it would end. I am hoping that it is at least run to inside the dash so all I have to do there is fit a switch, but I am assuming I will probably have to extend the loom where it ends under the bonnet to reach the driving lights. Can anyone provide me some answers?

Thanks
It is possible to fit the Zetec lip and skirts. The front bumper also has a moulding to make the front air dam more "sharper" which blends the lip in.

With the fog lights, Have a look behind the bumper, if your lucky you'll find the wiring, if not you'll have to do seperate wiring and switch to the stock one. If you do find the wiring you'll have to get yourself a LX dash switch.

I'd just reccomend going aftermarket bodykits just quietly.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Bomberfan
Starter Motor

Cheers BlackLS
What aftermarket do you recomend?
Old 29-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bomberfan if you can hold out for a couple months i'm thinking of getting a full bodykit, i could sell my front lip and foglights etc. for a reasonable price as opposed to what you may have to pay from say... ford, let me know anyway
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
Bomberfan
Starter Motor

Definitely interested Zetec20 as long as they are off a 2005 model. I'm more than willing to wait a few months for the right parts. I am assuming your car is black? dark blue? as in your picture. Mine is silver but I have a good mate who is a panel beater and can spray them at his work for me. Many thanks for the offer and let me know if/when you are ready to this.
Old 29-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
BlackLS

His car is the dark grey.

Aftermarket kits: http://ffoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82873&sid=4f86fde00f07e47927a9f8d6 12db6bbc

Personally, Id go with Zetec20s offer
Old 30-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it wil be a few months, looks like a few sales are going through at work plus tax time is around the corner, i've gotta knock the credit card out the way first but next on the list is an aftermarket kit.

I'm guessing you're from victoria?
Old 31-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #8
Bomberfan
Starter Motor

Yeh, about 30k's out of Melbourne. What year is your Zetec?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine's an Oct 05 but still the new shape (LS)
Old 02-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #10
silverfocusstar
mmmm...chocolate...

its too bad ford didnt include front fog lamps for the current CL. i have a silver CL and it wouldve looked nice with fog lamps. my old LR CL had fog lamps fitted. i asked my dealer when i bought the car if fog lamps were an option, and he said no. i looked at the area where the fog lamps should be, but im not sure if you can take it out. unless you yank it with a bit of force.

but nothing comes as close as the focus!
silverfocusstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
BlackLS

From what I can tell all the front bars are the same for the CL to the Ghia (not inc XR5). Its the bottom lip thats different.

You can buy the foglight surround and foglight over spare parts (I can have a look at the spare part number tonight if you would like, no doubt they'll charge you an arm and leg and you may have to wait to get it.

To remove the current panel I get the feeling you could find it in the instruction manual on how to replace the fog light globe.

See if theres any clips from behind.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
silverfocusstar
mmmm...chocolate...

unless i looked around a wrecker to see if anyone has smashed their focus yet...then i could get some fog lamps cheap...but i dont think there would be many smashed up new focuses yet...not hoping there would be one...

Old 02-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
silverfocusstar
mmmm...chocolate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
From what I can tell all the front bars are the same for the CL to the Ghia (not inc XR5). Its the bottom lip thats different.

You can buy the foglight surround and foglight over spare parts (I can have a look at the spare part number tonight if you would like, no doubt they'll charge you an arm and leg and you may have to wait to get it.

To remove the current panel I get the feeling you could find it in the instruction manual on how to replace the fog light globe.

See if theres any clips from behind.
that would be ace black LS!