Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 19-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Padre
Padre

Smile Now What

Now that I have purchased my first XR8 what Now?
I don't know much about the modern vehicles so I will appreciate any help I can get. Headers and new exhaust will be fitted soon, do I put a air induction system on as well?

What's with all these flash cards or chips, I live in NT so the top end is all I really need and the car has plenty of that, I recently travelled from Tennant Creek to Alice Springs (500klms) and averaged 145klms per hour, thank god we don't have a speed limit on the open road up here.

So if anyone has any suggestions about any modifications I should make to the vehicle I would be happy to hear from you.

Regards
Padre

Padre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Padre,
What model car did you buy? If it is a BA, I would go for a full exhaust, a Cold Air Induction and an Edit. Get yourself a bit more grunt, while droping fuel usage by about 30%.

If its a Windsor, (AU or earlier) depends on what you require from your mods. Need more info.

Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post