Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Default leak in boot

when it rains or i wash the car the water collects in the bootlid so when you open it it pours out like a waterfall.

anyone else had this problem?

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep.. Im assuming you have a spolider

it comes in from the hole for the wiring.., The adhesive around the feet gets shagged I took my spoiler off and siliconed it up, worked for awhile but needs it done again..

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
99XR6

I had the same problem, but i found that at some stage in the past the drain holes in the bottom of the boot lid had plugs put in them, took them out problem fixed.
99XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

as far as i knew they where like bump stops not drain holes.
looks like ill be going down to the panel shop again.

TS50 Build
Old 29-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xr8
when it rains or i wash the car the water collects in the bootlid so when you open it it pours out like a waterfall.

anyone else had this problem?
Unfortunately this is a Ford factory fault in most AU's..
mine does it, and about every other AU I know has it.. its a poor design.

Anyone know a solution on how to stop it... ive tried what mr cube has done and it made no noticable difference.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had the top wing replaced on mine when it was under warranty but still leaked! Turned out to be the gasket around the brake light lens. See if you have any condensation in the brake light at all.
Old 29-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Clark Rubber warehouses sell all kinds of rubber grommets , all shapes and sizes .

I havent really had a look at the hole under the leg of the rear wing/spoiler where the wires for the brake light go, but im assuming maybe a grommet of a certian size could be stretched around the wiring and then plugged into the hole . could allways add a tadd of silicone to the middle of the grommet around the wires for safe measures.

maybe ???

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

well the panel beater i went to to fix the first guys stuff up lead filled the hole and made redrilled it as small as posible and then put my t3 spoiler on. was fine for a couple of months. never new it was such a problem.

as far as i am aware the brake light doesnt have a hole under it in the lid.

TS50 Build
Old 29-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
GTHOXR8

I too experienced the same problem which I was able to fix.
Took the wing off and peeled off the rubber mat which sits between the bootlid and bottom of the wing. These had become all crappy and hard which let water in through the wiring hole. Put some silicone in the hole and cut out some new rubber mat from old bike trye inner tube. has worked a treat. Did this more than two years ago.
GTHOXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post