Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Angry Fuel Sender probs??

I had this problem with my fuel gauage on more than one occasion.

What happens is that while i'm driving, not long after filling up, the fuel gauge will drop to zero and the fuel light will come on. The DTE is unchage, it's just the fuel guage.
To fix this, i just turn the engine off, then back on, and the problem is gone.

It just that it's starting to get anoying, and it's been to long for it to be a random problem that will go away.

Anyone got any ideas to the cause or the fix??

Cheers

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Sounds electrical or ECU to me
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

This exact thing happened to ours for the first month or so after we got it, but has since stopped happening! No idea why, all I can think of is that the car had been unused for a while before we got it, and maybe the poor thing just didn't like all the driving we were doing!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Yep I have this problem too. haven't found out what it is yet but so far it looks like fuel tank sensor wiring. can't find a problem in the cluster or connectors to the cluster. Still looking inot it and looking down the back of the car now around the fuel tank.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
smally289
growing up is optional

My wagon did the same for about 6months, but rectified itself. I found this info tho, which may explain a few things.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

extreemly common on au wagons and utes, ive personally changed dozens of senders on 'em, including my own
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Smally thanks that looks like it all right.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
extreemly common on au wagons and utes, ive personally changed dozens of senders on 'em, including my own
See my post in the LPG section ... for all the LPG people.
Clean all your connections with electrical contact cleaner ... it can work wonders. Dry joints are a pain.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post