Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #31
xr8man83
Grunt Files

sorry to here bout that bloke wot a tradgety im with you on the drive safe thing man that stuff scares the hell outa me.
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Saw this on the news last night.

Sorry to hear that unfortunately someone on here knew the two people taken.

RIP.
Old 21-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Condolences to all.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #34
bt0

That really sucks man. Sorry to hear.

A friend of mine rolled his old range rover and two of his mates died (last year sometime) and even though the cops couldn't find him or the car at fault he got fined and lost license for 2 years.
bt0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #35
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
That what i ask myself. Every second crash in WA involves commodore drivers. Why i can not understand!
i think you missed my point,, you rarely see falcons, camrys, magnas,whatever burnt out, but nearly always a commodore will catch fire.....

fuel tank design fault perhaps???
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #36
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Is the driver OK

No he isn't.

Andrew has burns over 80% of his body, has broken ribs ands has a fractured skull.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put him in a coma soon.

Daniel.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #37
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Why do some always need to highlight a brand in accidents ??.
I agree, it is just a cheap shot that overshadows the real tragedy of the event.

When we were returning home (Adel) on Sunday from a prelim final (Adel v Coll 2004), we came across a possible fatality 5-7 km east of Dads well Bridge. The car in this case was a maroon EL Falcon sedan, which had veered of the road and ploughed through a cluster of midsized trees.

The engine had separated and was in the middle of the road about 50 meters in front of the accident, the car itself was visibly bent upward and the doors had popped open. The driver was still belted in his seat but was slumped out through the open door. He (the driver) had the shaved bald look and you could see a large cut in the shape of a lightening bolt in the middle of his head. The rear wheel was on fire and the flame plume was very close to the slumped driver. Nobody could get close to him.

By this stage there were people everywhere, some calling for a fire extinguisher others trying to slow done incoming traffic etc, so we decided to not stop. I was travelling in the back and I had my 10 yo son sitting next to me, and when I saw the (possibly dead) occupant, I put my hand over my sons face. He did see enough though and he still refers back to the accident today.

We stopped at Horsham and we happened to catch up with another travelling party who say this guy apparently pass them moments before at an estimated 160 km/ph. We are lucky that no other car was involved.

The reason that I brought this up is that I doubt that this was a survivable accident even in a Merc, (remember Princess Di) never alone anything else. The driver in this case appeared to be the architect of this shocking accident, while the "car make" in this case should not be held responsible at all.

The violence of this accident still haunts me and I still can clearly see the deep cut in my mind today and actually serves as a reminder to myself of how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.

As a side note, does anybody out there know the out come of this poor individual? as I never heard any thing on the news when I got home.

Off topic, SlickHolden were you at the G on Saturday?
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #38
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
The violence of this accident still haunts me and I still can clearly see the deep cut in my mind today and actually serves as a reminder to myself of how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.
Bud Bud, I agree

Wed 19th Sept. 1974 .. 4-30 pm , Corner of Deepfields Rd & Hume Hwy (as it was known then) Cathrine Fields (NSW)

You NEVER forget , that is the date I was involved in a Fatal Accident , 32 years ago & it still seems like yesterday . In those days there was no counselling of any type , you were left to your own devices...

Even though I was not at fault (other car coming from opposite direction turned right , in front of me) the sight of the fellow in the other car still haunts me . Neither one of us were speeding & NO alcohol was involved . As the other drivers father said to me after the inquest " his son made a terrible decision and he has paid for it with his life , don't you pay for it too " . Even though these words did help , it does not stop the memories .

The accident was over "in seconds" and a life was taken , we were both the same age ( 20 yrs old )

Another thing that haunts me was the "on-lookers" one in particular , a woman had stopped and was taking her 2 children (about 10-12) "TO LOOK AT THE MAN IN THE ACCIDENT" (caps meant) Here was a guy in a small car (no need to mention the brand , not necessary) that was 18" from LH door to RH door , who died instantly . (taken from police report)

You go over & over it in your mind , "what could I have done to prevent this" but it's a question you can never answer.

So PLEASE everyone , be carefull , 2 or 3 seconds in time can be a lifetime of sorrow...for yourself or someone else , family , friends , rescue crews , ambo's , police & the general public.

If I were speeding , I would have been a statistic also .

Sorry if this is a bit "graphic" , but it IS a reality that never goes away.

Take Care Everyone.

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #39
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
I agree, it is just a cheap shot that overshadows the real tragedy of the event.

When we were returning home (Adel) on Sunday from a prelim final (Adel v Coll 2004), we came across a possible fatality 5-7 km east of Dads well Bridge. The car in this case was a maroon EL Falcon sedan, which had veered of the road and ploughed through a cluster of midsized trees.

The engine had separated and was in the middle of the road about 50 meters in front of the accident, the car itself was visibly bent upward and the doors had popped open. The driver was still belted in his seat but was slumped out through the open door. He (the driver) had the shaved bald look and you could see a large cut in the shape of a lightening bolt in the middle of his head. The rear wheel was on fire and the flame plume was very close to the slumped driver. Nobody could get close to him.

By this stage there were people everywhere, some calling for a fire extinguisher others trying to slow done incoming traffic etc, so we decided to not stop. I was travelling in the back and I had my 10 yo son sitting next to me, and when I saw the (possibly dead) occupant, I put my hand over my sons face. He did see enough though and he still refers back to the accident today.

We stopped at Horsham and we happened to catch up with another travelling party who say this guy apparently pass them moments before at an estimated 160 km/ph. We are lucky that no other car was involved.

The reason that I brought this up is that I doubt that this was a survivable accident even in a Merc, (remember Princess Di) never alone anything else. The driver in this case appeared to be the architect of this shocking accident, while the "car make" in this case should not be held responsible at all.

As a side note, does anybody out there know the out come of this poor individual? as I never heard any thing on the news when I got home.

Off topic, SlickHolden were you at the G on Saturday?
I think a flipping car is more prone to explode also fuel lines etc get torn apart and fuel leaks out and it only takes a scrap on the ground that might spark a fire, One good thing maybe all cars should have a fire extinguisher now I'm thinking about it now it can be handy not just for yourself but might come in hand at a time like yours.

Yep mate was at the G buzzing
Old 23-08-2006, 07:50 AM   #40
Fordoldie

Terrible news, sorry to hear of your loss.
Whatever the cause, it doesnt bring your friends back, but like you say it serves as a reminder for others to take care
I survived a nasty crash and was trapped for a while before being cut out from the wreck. I always carry a fire extinguisher now as that was my biggest fear while sitting there unable to move....

All the best
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #41
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

my father was a towie around the auburn area (sydney) in the seventies and made sure he told me the most gruesome stories about the same time as i was learning to drive.
the two i remember were:

4 blokes in a 68 impala travelling down towards campbelltown at very high speed. through one corner its believed the car got airborne, went sideways into a huge tree, split the car straight through the b pillar section. all dead. bits and pieces everywhere (not just of the car).

second one was 4 blokes together late one night. had dropped around to pick up one of the guys girlfriends. 5 in the car (girl is belived to have been lying across front seat passenger) car went over a sharp crest, got light, lost control and went under the trailer of a prime mover i believe. basically the driver hit the brakes, she fell into the front foot well (no centre console), the impact wiped out everything above the hip line of the car (i mean everything) and she survived. once emergency guys got to her, she had to be pulled out past what was left of the other four.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #42
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

sorry about that. this is when the sentance learn how to drive doesnt come in. sometimes things happen that you cant help. cant help blowing a tyre. krap happens. very true. if they were doing the speed limit could of been a different outcome. rest in peace guys. i feal sorry for you Peuty i cryed when my mate left for another country and yours have passed away.

Sorry to here that. I lost my grandmar last month. Worst pain ever.

Just godda keep living.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #43
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

as guys are saying you dont think it could happen in 1 second but it can.

The other day me and my mate were out on his road bikes. I was leading and a turbo Glant went past me guy thought he was a hot shot so i said right im gonna take him out i was in the left lane. My mate was thinking the same. My mate on his ST1100 (Cop Bike Model) Came screaming down the right lane at about 170kph and i was in the right lane. I didnt shoulder check or anything just pulled right into the other lane. Clipped his bike but he didnt fall over. The memorie haunts me big time. I could of ended our lives in 1 second.

Bike guys please be careful.

My dad was a cop in perth back in the day and a Kawasaki Z was doing 220kph through the CITY! A bus pulled out and the guy went right into the side of it. My dad said police were the with shovles scraping PEOPLE off the bus.

BE CAREFUL!
Old 23-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #44
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deepest Sympathies to you Peuty and to all the families and friends involved.

The comfort knowing your mates are 'safe in a better place & together' is a strong one and something to hold on to.

I hadn't heard about this tragedy till reading this thread tonight.

How are the others that were in the car, including the driver??

Take comfort from and give comfort to all friends and families as this will help you all get through this sad time.

Best Regards
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post