Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default what do you do. on the road IF ????

DRIVING ON THE F3 today and the car in front of me veres into the emergancy lane at 11o km/hr and slowly veres back into lane again . cautiously i drive up and look in the car it has a woman driving , with her eyes shut more than open , in the back seat she has 2 young toddlers in child seats. i didnt know what to do , i wanted to do something but didnt know what?? so i tailgated for a while whilst flashing lights she seemed ok . but you never are when tired like that. bad bad feeling . i actually didnt know what to do without making the situation worse . i would've waived a highway patrol car over if i'd seen one but i didn't . i really wanted to pull her over and take the keys . but how do you do that with out causing an accident or breaking the law. thought id post it to see what people think???

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Shes a women!!! that explains it about right i think, probably tellin the kids of or something stupid like that!! :
Old 24-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
gozza

Well first of all its obviously a bad situation for the toddlers.

But in saying that you have your own safety to worry about and not hers or the kids.

If they crashed and thought i could do somthing id probly be a bit upset

But when it comes down to it shes the idiot..she can deal with the consequences......if we had to go around holding everyones hands in life wed need another set just to do our own things
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

unless you can actually ask by body language that she is ok theres not much you can do...
She could even be whacked out on drugs with a knife for all you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In your situation? There's nothing you can do but keep yourself safe.

I've had a woman keep dropping off into the dirt, flicking rocks at me. I just tooted. I copped the finger but at least she was on the black stuff ;) I eventually cracked the ****s after the 3rd time. How hard is it to keep a car in between the lines really? I over took and continued on my merry way.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously there is not much you can do, expect get right away from her and maybe phone the police.

I saw a small fwd try to swerve and hit someone one day on the M1, scared the hell out of me and this was happening at 100Kmh two guys just having a blew, both cars had kids in them. I kept right away from them

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
Shes a women!!! that explains it about right i think, probably tellin the kids of or something stupid like that!! :
If you are going to insult 50% of the population, you should at least use the proper spelling...she' s a woman. :

Yeah tellin the kids off or putting make-up on, that's all us women ever do while we drive. :

In all seriousness, that is a scary situation, if not only for yourself but the kids in the back who have no choice in the matter. I dont know what else you could have done. People need to be responsible drivers and consider themselves, their passengers and everyone else on the road. People need to be responsible parents and not put their children in a potentially harmful situation. They licence driving but unfortunately they cant licence people who are allowed to be parents...

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
XzLr8
Banned

bahahaha was waiting for a female to crack it with this thread.
XzLr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
. i would've waived a highway patrol car over if i'd seen one but i didn't
do you have them in nsw cause down here in vic they replaced them all with speed cameras, cause speed cameras save lives and police presence dosent.lol
Old 24-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

What I do is steer clear of someone who does that sort of thing. I know what it is like being tired while driving ... bad bad feeling indeed.

I'll either stay back ... or overtake and get the hell away from the dangerous situation.

It's quite scarey watching someone swerve and sway on the road ... and with toddlers in the back of the car.

There's no use trying to get their attention ... 9 times of of 10 they will crack the ****s with you. You just hope they make it to their destination in one piece.

Then in the news the blame gets put in inferior roads and insufficient safety barriers on freeways/highways to save them when people crash due to fatigue ... when it's really the lack of responsibility on the driver.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #11
Scruba
15+ Years!

Phone the cops and tell them the location, direction she is driving and # plate etc. Tail her from a distance in case the cops want you stay on the line (hands free of course) and go from there.

Work in progress

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7roViz57bb2Stkzx6
Scruba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

That wasnt meant to be a stab at women, just pointing out that she was with her kids and should be concentrating on the road not them, sorry if i have offended.
Old 24-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #13
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
That wasnt meant to be a stab at women, just pointing out that she was with her kids and should be concentrating on the road not them, sorry if i have offended.
Maybe so but gees you did a good job at it without even trying
:lookedat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What happened here is no reflection on women, and to say that women are the only bad drivers is complete crap, as 18-24 year old males die most often on roads.
So before you marginalise, consider that piece of info.

This shows how driving when drowsy is a danger to everybody around you.

Simple as taht.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #15
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK she was driving badlyand perhaps dangerously

but "didnt know what?? so i tailgated for a while whilst flashing lights"

you thought that by tailgatin and flashing your lights, it would help?
SHes already stressed and crazy, I cant see that helping
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
gtfpv
GT

man women doesn't matter . it was fatigue!!!!!! i always thought better to make a dill of yourself and be a hero and grab the keys . but in reality as you 's have stated , there really isnt nothing you can do besides ring the police , and /or carry the guilt if you see them get killed . its ashame.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
DRIVING ON THE F3 today and the car in front of me veres into the emergancy lane at 11o km/hr and slowly veres back into lane again . cautiously i drive up and look in the car it has a woman driving , with her eyes shut more than open , in the back seat she has 2 young toddlers in child seats. i didnt know what to do , i wanted to do something but didnt know what?? so i tailgated for a while whilst flashing lights she seemed ok . but you never are when tired like that. bad bad feeling . i actually didnt know what to do without making the situation worse . i would've waived a highway patrol car over if i'd seen one but i didn't . i really wanted to pull her over and take the keys . but how do you do that with out causing an accident or breaking the law. thought id post it to see what people think???
Whilst I understand your concern its not for you to pull anyone over and certainly not to 'take their keys' from them, unless giving them directly to police or on their advice by commmunications. Police in our region have been dealing with 'imposters' of late.

You can't assume she was tired either, despite displaying symptoms. Drugs and medical conditions are other possible factors aside from fatigue.

Whilst giving a qucik flash of high-beam is legal to alert leading vehicles of your intention to overtake, you could do the same briefly to 'alert her-up' without too much trouble, but don't tailgate ever.

IF you had a UHF CB - A quick call out on 40 will alert nearby HWP and will alert other traffic to the problem vehicle.

You can call TMC or Gosford Police on 4323 5599 or Wyong on 4352 4899, ask then for the HWP.

Quote:
Uranium-Death wrote: What happened here is no reflection on women, and to say that women are the only bad drivers is complete crap, as 18-24 year old males die most often on roads. So before you marginalise, consider that piece of info.
In NSW the sum total of P platers who will die in a crash sits at around 0.01% of the total of P licenses on issue. That said, young drivers are over represented in crashes in developed countries worldwide.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #18
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never stated Probationary License holders. I only stated 18-24. A large majority of people 21+ have full licenses. But they still die.

I just found the statement, "Shes a women(sic)!!! that explains it about right i think..." extremely naive and unfounded.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post