Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 28-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default BEST Racing - Queensland Raceway - 2/3 September, 2006.

EUROFORDCLUB Queensland members who are interested, the next Round of the Shannons Australian Production Car Championship is on and Best Racing's mighty Ford Focus ST170 will once again try to defend their points lead in the 2006 Championship.

If I'm not mistaken Best Racing is an outstanding 5th Outright and 1st in their Class with 324 Points after the latest round at Phillip Island.

Check out the website www.pcaa.com.au for the schedule.
It'd be great to see us again support the Team at the track.

Fast Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
bestracing

Default Queensland Raceway

Hi All,

Yes we will be Queensland Raceway this weekend.
It has been a busy few weekends, what with Darren racing at Phillip Island (2 weeks ago) then Ellexandra (daughter) go karting last weekend and now Queensland this coming weekend.

Pete & Darren are leaving 6am Wednesday to tow the car to Ipswich (a long drive ahead), whereas Frank & I will fly out on Friday evening. Drive shaft has been replaced & routine maintenance performed in the tight turn around between the two races. Darren particularly likes racing at Queensland, we are joined by the V8 brutes, Sports Sedans, GT Championship/Porsche Challenge and Formula 3.

Yes Eddie you are correct in saying that Darren is 5th outright & 1st in class.
Looking forward to a great weekends racing, hope to see you all at Queensland.

Schedule for the weekend:
Saturday - Prac 10.30am Qualifying 2.50pm
Sunday - Race 1 9.25am, Race 2 11.35am, Race 3 2.55pm.

Regards Treena
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thanks for keeping me posted on your results. Fantastic news that you've sewn up the 2006 Australian Production Class C Championship. On behalf of Timmeh (he sms'd me) and the Eurofordclub we're all rapt over the result.

Well done.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
bestracing

Default Best Racing

Thanks Eddie & Timmeh
It was a very long but rewarding weekend.
Darren & Pete & the focus (precious cargo) arrived home last night around 9pm, all very tired, its a long drive, 16 hours. Whereas Frank and myself flew home Sunday night and arrived home midnight. The focus unfortunately was the only class c car. There were 2 others entered but problems arose so they did not compete, which made it a very lonely drive Darren. In the scratch races (2 & 3) Darren led the race for 13 laps before being passed one by one by the bigger cars. Race 2 finished 4th & Race 3 8th outright.

Basically this means that Darren has sealed class C championship and cannot be beaten with one round to go at Oran Park end of October.

Class points total after the weekend:
Best 417, Merton 186, Gray 150, Anderson 69, Harris 66.

Outright points total after the weekend:
David Ryan 317, John Houlder 229, Colin Osborne 202, Nick Dunkley 196, Darren Best 151, Leigh Mertens 149.

regards Treena
Old 06-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I heard that Darren had a C.D. playing in the ST by Rose Tattoo. Something that went like "We Can't Be Beaten". Am I right??

Old 06-09-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
I heard that Darren had a C.D. playing in the ST by Rose Tattoo. Something that went like "We Can't Be Beaten". Am I right??
Im going to do my best to be at Oran park considering that its just down the road from me...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
bestracing

Hi All,

Heres some photos from the weekend taken by Speedshots, Nathan Wong.

http://www.speedshots.com.au/gallery..._cams_r8_apcc/

Treena
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Fantastic effort guys, and well done on sealing the Class C victory. Even with the rev limiter imposed and exra weight, you guys kept the car up the front and on its winning ways.

I assume that makes the Best Racing ST170 the 2006 Class C production car champion?

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
bestracing

Yes it does, the team are very excited about taking out the championship it has been a very hard two years of racing.
thanks Timmeh!
Old 17-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
bestracing

Watch SBS "Speedweek" on Sunday 25th September from 12-2pm for review of Rd 7 Queensland Raceway.