Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #271
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Default Re: Ford to shed 240 local jobs, cut production as demand slumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Employee Car park, and soccer pitch full

Toll yard not quite full, but storage area at rear pretty full too.

Lookign at those pic's, I reckon we're talking about 3,300 cars there right now.
Thats only a small amount.

I can remember when Mitsubishi had 7800 cars on site (in 1999/2000) and at holding yards out at wingfield etc. Took them just on 6 months to windle that stock holding down to 2500 cars.
Old 22-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #272
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

You do realise the Ford Friends program is now running til end of June... maybe they are building up for delivery?
Old 22-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #273
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
You do realise the Ford Friends program is now running til end of June... maybe they are building up for delivery?
But the deals aren't as good as the last lot they did when we were in trouble. Every man and his dog had a new Falcon, lol.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #274
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Looks as tho they have cleared some cars out too.. But can they sustain stock piling them.

They have had a hold on Territories to, apparently they wont be shipping them till mid may now which means theres gonna be a lot more Territory's parked in there over the next 3 weeks!
Old 22-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #275
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
But the deals aren't as good as the last lot they did when we were in trouble. Every man and his dog had a new Falcon, lol.
I agree, the pricing isn't as good as last time... The friends of Ford pricing is pretty much what you can get if you go in there and haggle or even just look at carsales..

Dealers are overstocked to so they need to move them.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #276
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I heard a rumor employee pricing is at 33%...what do friends get?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #277
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Looks as tho they have cleared some cars out too.. But can they sustain stock piling them.

They have had a hold on Territories to, apparently they wont be shipping them till mid may now which means theres gonna be a lot more Territory's parked in there over the next 3 weeks!
Zooming in, I can only see a few small sections of Territories there. By the looks of it there are only a few hundred if that. The overwhelming majority are Falcons and utes.

Slightly OT, looking at the way some cars are parked (crooked/close together) it makes me wonder how many little bingles have happened in there, with the cars then panel beated and passed off to buyers as 'brand new' cars?
Old 22-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #278
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie
Thats only a small amount.

I can remember when Mitsubishi had 7800 cars on site (in 1999/2000) and at holding yards out at wingfield etc. Took them just on 6 months to windle that stock holding down to 2500 cars.

I count roughly 4500 cars. Thats only a month and a half of local production sales. They must be storing them some where else, As I have read articles that they have up to 120 days supply of stock, which at 3000 a month must make it 12000 cars (another 7500 somewhere). Not sure what they count in the 120 day supply, might also be inclusive of all stock at dealerships etc.

At the very least, they should be leaving gaps, and allowing staff to park their cars in the mix, to at least give people driving past, the impression that the cars are so good they are bought en masse by the workers.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #279
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda

At the very least, they should be leaving gaps, and allowing staff to park their cars in the mix, to at least give people driving past, the impression that the cars are so good they are bought en masse by the workers.

It's a bit difficult to give that impression, unless the workers drive unregistered cars with no number plates to work.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #280
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
It's a bit difficult to give that impression, unless the workers drive unregistered cars with no number plates to work.
In Broadmeadows, that's more common than you think........ Boom tish!
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 22-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #281
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Zooming in, I can only see a few small sections of Territories there. By the looks of it there are only a few hundred if that. The overwhelming majority are Falcons and utes.

Slightly OT, looking at the way some cars are parked (crooked/close together) it makes me wonder how many little bingles have happened in there, with the cars then panel beated and passed off to buyers as 'brand new' cars?
The guys that look after stock have probably been there for a very long time and know what they are doing. I doubt many if any cars get damaged as they do have easy access to the rows.

Do they lock them all up or leave the keys in them?? would takea fair bit of sorting keys!!
Old 22-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #282
stevz
Banned

Quote:
The guys that look after stock have probably been there for a very long time and know what they are doing. I doubt many if any cars get damaged as they do have easy access to the rows.

Do they lock them all up or leave the keys in them?? would takea fair bit of sorting keys!!
From what others have posted, the keys are left in them.

Looking closely, there appears to be a number of BF3 wagons still there. With the wagons being discontinued in June last year, that would mean there are cars sitting in that yard which are approaching 12 months old!
Old 22-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #283
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
From what others have posted, the keys are left in them.

Looking closely, there appears to be a number of BF3 wagons still there. With the wagons being discontinued in June last year, that would mean there are cars sitting in that yard which are approaching 12 months old!
Yes lots of those white utes are Euro 3's too I believe.

Can't believe they leave the keys in them, they must have live wires going around the place to keep it secure!!

Dealer stock would contribute to alot of their holdings, one dealer up here had 600 Fords not long ago in a holding yard, but that includes imports to!

I remember back in the BA days they use to have alot of old stock laying around...
Old 22-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #284
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least they are not the same cars sitting there, so the stock is moving, flick through the previous shots. There aren't a whole lot more in those yards than back in October.
Old 22-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #285
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1

Building up ??

They've just annouced 18 down days and a downbalance...

Doing anything they can to reduce stock not build it up ..
Old 22-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #286
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Looking closely, there appears to be a number of BF3 wagons still there.
That can't be right because there have been hundreds of people on here who would buy a wagon if they were still available. And then there is all the people who have fleet manager *mates* who tried to order 50,000 wagons but Ford don't have them anymore........

Too many people talking **** on these forums sometimes........
Old 22-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #287
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That can't be right because there have been hundreds of people on here who would buy a wagon if they were still available. And then there is all the people who have fleet manager *mates* who tried to order 50,000 wagons but Ford don't have them anymore........

All the wagons left are E-Gas and Ford wont give dealers any incentive on them to move them. $39 kay for a BFIII XT with steel rims!!
Old 22-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #288
stevz
Banned

Quote:
All the wagons left are E-Gas and Ford wont give dealers any incentive on them to move them. $39 kay for a BFIII XT with steel rims!!
I saw a Ford dealer ad in the paper recently where they were being advertised for $35,888 drive away and they had 20+ in stock.
Old 22-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #289
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I saw a Ford dealer ad in the paper recently where they were being advertised for $35,888 drive away and they had 20+ in stock.
Even at that price they are over priced...

They should be mid 20's.
Old 22-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #290
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But I always see people posting they want to buy a wagon but can't because Ford don't build them.......

Face it people, the wagon, fairlane, ltd, and especially the RTV all got canned because too many people want one, but only when it's 5 years old and under 10k. NEWSFLASH, those sort of sales don't help Ford pay the bills. That is why they are trying to put their efforts into only making what people are buy ing, not what they are "gunna" buy.......
Old 22-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #291
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:

Would have been a totally different situation if the wagons were XR6, XR6T and XR8 wagons. Not many private owners want a plain white XT wagon.

Back to topic. If only there was more incentive to buy locally manufactured cars over imported cars. Looking at the housing estates nearby on the Nearmap link with the number of houses there, then project that across the whole of Australia, those cars plus lots more would easily find homes.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #292
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Even at that price they are over priced...

They should be mid 20's.
What a load of TOTAL BS!!!
Old 22-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #293
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Would have been a totally different situation if the wagons were XR6, XR6T and XR8 wagons.
How many people are going to pay 50k for a v8 wagon. Maybe when it's ten years old and 1/5th the price, maybe?
Old 22-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #294
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
What a load of TOTAL BS!!!
Why is it BS? A 2010 BF3 wagon is virtually identical to a 2002 BA. The price should reflect this.

Quote:
How many people are going to pay 50k for a v8 wagon. Maybe when it's ten years old and 1/5th the price, maybe?
Plenty of people pay $50k for SSV and Calais V wagons...
Old 22-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #295
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
If they were priced similarly to what Holden prices their SS Sportswagons, after all they are selling pretty well.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #296
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These maps are useless & people are trying to put to much negative into these.. Funny how there seems to be allot of cars on 20th of Jan, but 9 days later the car parks is TOTALY empty..

Because no-one parks a car to visit or work at Ford!!

I'm also seeing hatches in there!! I didn’t know Ford Aust built hatch!!

Some people want to keep putting Ford down, go to a different website people!!
Old 22-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #297
Trendseeker

Quote:

Why the delay with the new Territory? They seem to be doing everything they can to minimize the number of cars sold this year. Is it a last minute halt/recall to fix a newly identified fault?
Old 22-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #298
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
These maps are useless & people are trying to put to much negative into these.. Funny how the seems to be allot of cars on 20th of Jan, but 9 days later the car parks is TOTAL empty..
Probably because you were looking at the employee car park and the 20th of January was a thursday, whilst the 29th was a saturday.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #299
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are people that naive to not know that Holden only got the sportwagon approved because they were going to be exported? Even at 50k a pop, they will probably never make development costs back. What hope do Ford have of getting a Falcon wagon approved? Goodness me, they can't even get a new sedan approved that is how bad sales are.......
Old 22-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #300
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Probably because you were looking at the employee car park and the 20th of January was a thursday, whilst the 29th was a saturday.
My point exactly!!!
Closed Thread