The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #301
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to shed 240 local jobs, cut production as demand slumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008WhiteSR
Why the delay with the new Territory? They seem to be doing everything they can to minimize the number of cars sold this year. Is it a last minute halt/recall to fix a newly identified fault?
Minor software fault. Ford will always hold back on shipping new models until in their eyes, they are perfect.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #302
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
My point exactly!!!
What is your point exactly?

The employee cars have obviously come and gone but the cars in stock haven't moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Minor software fault. Ford will always hold back on shipping new models until in their eyes, they are perfect.
It's a pity they didn't do that with previous models.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #303
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz

It's a pity they didn't do that with previous models.
These cars are destined for dealers, new model drive days etc so they need to have no imperfections in paint, run smoothly, etc. I assume you are upset about problems that appear later on in the vehicles life?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #304
stevz
Banned

Quote:
These cars are destined for dealers, new model drive days etc so they need to have no imperfections in paint, run smoothly, etc. I assume you are upset about problems that appear later on in the vehicles life?
Sorry, I misunderstood. You are right, I was thinking of issues such as the terri ball joints etc.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #305
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
What is your point exactly?
Not all cars in these pics are unsold cars!! They are car parks fulled with employee cars!!
Old 22-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #306
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
What a load of TOTAL BS!!!
yeah okay..

I dont know too many people who want to pay retail for a 12 month old BF wagon 4 speed on gas.. thats probably why they still have them.

They thought the fleet market would pay top dollar for them, only problem is fleet companies dont buy cars that are any older then 3 months from production.. lol.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #307
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Not all cars in these pics are unsold cars!! They are car parks fulled with employee cars!!
No but 90% of them are unsold cars.. all the cars at the back of the factory are unsold, and theres probably another 100 or so up the front on the corner that are unsold too.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #308
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That can't be right because there have been hundreds of people on here who would buy a wagon if they were still available. And then there is all the people who have fleet manager *mates* who tried to order 50,000 wagons but Ford don't have them anymore........

Too many people talking **** on these forums sometimes........
I think you will find they are blow up Falcon Wagons used as decoys to fool Holden that Ford is still in the business of making wagons so they will over produce sports wagons to compete. ;)

Very cunning that Bill Osbourne. It was one of his ideas.
Old 23-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #309
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

The Head Office Car park is full of employee cars

Toll compound is full of 'sold' cars.

There are SZ Territories waiting Ok to ship (900 odd ?), so the number of cars without homes is just over 3,000. Thus the 18 down days, and the downbalance.

NB: Wagon was killed because it was going to be too expensive to make it Euro IV, ie: powertrain, electronics, looms, etc. $20 mil +.

An all new wagon would have been $200 - 300 mil. There was NEVER going to be any money for that with Mondeo Wagon available from Europe.
Old 23-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #310
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
yeah okay..

I dont know too many people who want to pay retail for a 12 month old BF wagon 4 speed on gas.. thats probably why they still have them.

They thought the fleet market would pay top dollar for them, only problem is fleet companies dont buy cars that are any older then 3 months from production.. lol.
No one bought these private away.. It was 100% fleet!! If you can't sell them to Fleets, you cant sell them!!

There was only something like 200-300 gas falcon sold last year, wounder how many where Wagon.. (I'm guess none!!) But 9 months later you excpet Ford to start selling Private to move them???

But dont let me stop you putting anything & everything Ford down!!
Old 23-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #311
stevz
Banned

Quote:

But dont let me stop you putting anything & everything Ford down!!

There is a big difference between putting something down and telling it as it is.
Old 23-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #312
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No but 90% of them are unsold cars.. all the cars at the back of the factory are unsold, and theres probably another 100 or so up the front on the corner that are unsold too.
Take a look at the Jan 29 pic (weekend) compared to Jan 20 pic (week day) to see how many cars are not just "sitting" there for ages.. Then try tell me again the the last pic is 90% unsold cars!! Again total BS from you to put ford down!!

Yes I agree there is a build up of unsold cars, but not as bad a some seem to make out.. After all the 29th pic clearly shows there was NO inventory problem at the end of Jan.. Ford has been working 3 days a week for the last 3 months.. How many can they have built up over that time building only 3 days a week???
Old 23-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #313
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
The Head Office Car park is full of employee cars

Toll compound is full of 'sold' cars.

There are SZ Territories waiting Ok to ship (900 odd ?), so the number of cars without homes is just over 3,000. Thus the 18 down days, and the downbalance.

NB: Wagon was killed because it was going to be too expensive to make it Euro IV, ie: powertrain, electronics, looms, etc. $20 mil +.

An all new wagon would have been $200 - 300 mil. There was NEVER going to be any money for that with Mondeo Wagon available from Europe.
Listen to this man, for he speaks wise words........
Old 23-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #314
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can also focus in & swap between the dates, to see the car colors changing dramatically to note the cars are turning over & not just sitting there!!
Old 23-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #315
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Take a look at the Jan 29 pic (weekend) compared to Jan 20 pic (week day) to see how many cars are not just "sitting" there for ages.. Then try tell me again the the last pic is 90% unsold cars!! Again total BS from you to put ford down!!

Yes I agree there is a build up of unsold cars, but not as bad a some seem to make out.. After all the 29th pic clearly shows there was NO inventory problem at the end of Jan.. Ford has been working 3 days a week for the last 3 months.. How many can they have built up over that time building only 3 days a week???
That jan stock is after been shut down for 4 weeks over christmas!!

You have no idea, seriously.

Im not trying to put Ford down, I have close friends that work for Ford Australia and I buy cars manufactured by Ford Australia, on a regular basis. Do you think I want to see the company go bust?? Not likely.
Old 23-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #316
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can also focus in & swap between the dates, to see the car colors changing dramatically to note the cars are turning over & not just sitting there!!
That's what I thought. Yes they are in trouble in a lot of ways but the stock IS moving. I'm no expert though. I will have to get the train to Upfield and see if I can grab some snapshots.
Old 23-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #317
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That jan stock is after been shut down for 4 weeks over christmas!!

You have no idea, seriously.

Im not trying to put Ford down, I have close friends that work for Ford Australia and I buy cars manufactured by Ford Australia, on a regular basis. Do you think I want to see the company go bust?? Not likely.
I might have no idea, but I've been around here long enough to know who knows what.. And if Barraxr8 says there is only 3000 "unsold" one sitting here, then I believe that!! 3000 is not even one months supply (include seden, ute & territ)!!
Old 23-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #318
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I might have no idea, but I've been around here long enough to know who knows what.. And if Barraxr8 says there is only 3000 "unsold" one sitting here, then I believe that!! 3000 is not even one months supply (include seden, ute & territ)!!

3000 + is many days of production sitting at Ford considering the number of Down Days they have been having already !!

There are many more at dealers.

Things aren't good, lets hope for an improvement for the guys that work at FoA.
Old 23-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #319
stevz
Banned

For anyone interested, here are Holden's and Toyota's holding yards

Holden
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.75159...h&nmd=20110303

Toyota
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.83756...h&nmd=20110406
Old 23-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #320
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/ford-...=1302790386942

Quote:
Ford's manufacturing plant at Broadmeadows in Melbourne's north is capable of producing 120,000 vehicles a year. Ford has been implementing production stoppages to take up the slack, but it has not been enough: the inventory of unsold vehicles is believed to have blown out this year to about 120 days' worth, three times as high as Holden's
Old 24-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #321
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
It is "believed".......

It is definitely not 120 days production, BUT, it is enough to warrant 18 more down days.

I don't know why people are so upset. The Falcon is not selling because people do not like them anymore. Argue with me all you want but at the end of the day, if the Falcon is so bloody good, then there would not be a whole car park full of the things?

If the Falcon dies, it will be because the buying public decided so.
Old 24-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #322
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

A lot of things have been covered in this thread, everything from the threads intended purpose of job loses to many of you having a better strategy and the key to selling more Falcons than Ford HQ.
One thing we all have in common is wanting Ford Australia succeed some are passionate about this, after 14 pages the thread shifted all over the place for anyone wanting to know the threads intended purpose, it was job loses, read 1st post here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11328412

Closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread