Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2021, 03:47 PM   #3901
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Anyone else catch the story about the..... people?...... who scaled a fence to steal a little penguin from the colony at St Kikds beach, snd then threw it against a wall and kicked it until it died?

Deplorable. I don't get why there are humans who get a thrill out of killing a defenceless animal without good reason (ie removing feral animals, slaughtering for food, etc).

I'm not one for corporal punishment, but these scumbags don't deserve any sympathy. They showed no compassion for this poor creature, so they don't deserve any either.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #3902
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too many **** people out there.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2021, 05:51 PM   #3903
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Anyone else catch the story about the..... people?...... who scaled a fence to steal a little penguin from the colony at St Kikds beach, snd then threw it against a wall and kicked it until it died?

Deplorable. I don't get why there are humans who get a thrill out of killing a defenceless animal without good reason (ie removing feral animals, slaughtering for food, etc).

I'm not one for corporal punishment, but these scumbags don't deserve any sympathy. They showed no compassion for this poor creature, so they don't deserve any either.
Bring back the cat of nine tails; guarantee they would never do it again and be a good deterrent.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #3904
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Bring back the cat of nine tails; guarantee they would never do it again and be a good deterrent.
I was thinking a good old fashioned stoning might be more appropriate! But perhaps it's not right of me to mention that here.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2021, 10:51 PM   #3905
slowsnake
Banned

Similar thing happened in WA about 2 years ago from memory, if you come to Perth after our Covid-19 self imposed exile, you must go to Rottnest Island, the quokka walk up to you, but these 2 imbecilic and drunk schooling decided that their accomodatins enclosed low walled garden would be a good place that night to video a quokka, which they did, the video will be online, they used this poor defenceless animal as a soccer ball, laughing all the way through, then stupidly uploaded it online?

Thick as two short planks is an understatement, but no jail just fines, and put down to " youthful exuberance " or something as silly.
Should of been birched across the bare back, vinegar poured onto and Ito the wounds, and an audience of laughing hyenas watching on, bastards
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #3906
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lights turn to green (today) and a Ducati directly in front of me stalls or cuts out. The bike started in time and I would make allowances for an Italian bike in wet weather. (So I didn't really hate that.)
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2021, 04:35 PM   #3907
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today, but not in a good way.

I know all man-made machines will eventually become of such little value that they will be seen simply as scrap, but to see a once glorious aircraft that I worked on simply sit in a yard like this and be allowed to rot away is heartbreaking.

And even more heartbreaking is knowing that it was destroyed by fire earlier this year.

Such a sad end....

And this is the aircraft sitting in the yard prior to the fire..

What she looked like back in her early days:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-11-2021, 10:00 AM   #3908
slowsnake
Banned

How the hell can a listed company that supposedly helps the needy people, disabled folk who need money, govmint money to have some semblance of a life, be worth$3.3 billion dollars, it's founder West Australian Megan Wynne an Occupational Therapist who owns 34.2% of the company, or $1.1 billon dollars and all funded by Govmint contracts?

They have business in Britain and New Zealand too, the company is APM and is totally reliant on govmint taxpayer funded contracts?
How does this happen, how a company listed on the stock exchange via taxpayer funds!
It's bloody disgraceful, she states that " she has always been motivated by making a difference to people's lives, rather than financial gain "......bullsh.t, they go on to say that APM takes their services to people wherever they live, whatever their means or circumstances.....and, as a by-product of that we make a good profit!
Shame, shame and more shame

Front The West Australian today!
Old 12-11-2021, 08:49 PM   #3909
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today, but not in a good way.

I know all man-made machines will eventually become of such little value that they will be seen simply as scrap, but to see a once glorious aircraft that I worked on simply sit in a yard like this and be allowed to rot away is heartbreaking.

And even more heartbreaking is knowing that it was destroyed by fire earlier this year.

Such a sad end....

And this is the aircraft sitting in the yard prior to the fire..

What she looked like back in her early days:

HS-748's were good aeroplanes in the day, flown in many from RAAF Sale base.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2021, 10:08 PM   #3910
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
How the hell can a listed company that supposedly helps the needy people, disabled folk who need money, govmint money to have some semblance of a life, be worth$3.3 billion dollars, it's founder West Australian Megan Wynne an Occupational Therapist who owns 34.2% of the company, or $1.1 billon dollars and all funded by Govmint contracts?

They have business in Britain and New Zealand too, the company is APM and is totally reliant on govmint taxpayer funded contracts?
How does this happen, how a company listed on the stock exchange via taxpayer funds!
It's bloody disgraceful, she states that " she has always been motivated by making a difference to people's lives, rather than financial gain "......bullsh.t, they go on to say that APM takes their services to people wherever they live, whatever their means or circumstances.....and, as a by-product of that we make a good profit!
Shame, shame and more shame

Front The West Australian today!
Yes I saw that and wondered "what the hell", very dodgy.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:26 PM   #3911
slowsnake
Banned

It really gives me the sh.ts jaydee, just saw the thing on 7 news, with her other co-conspirirors, and what I hated was they talked about how many employees they started with (4) and how many thousands they employ now!....
Why don't these heads of charities show some charity, I feel like running these muppets down if I see em on the street, but she and her cronies are no doubt chauffeured around in limo's, and they showed a young girl with Downes syndrome as " one of the people we help " give me a break from all this greed in the World, that company is owned by you an me, our taxes, where's our shares??
2 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2021, 11:26 PM   #3912
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
HS-748's were good aeroplanes in the day, flown in many from RAAF Sale base.
They were a great aircraft, just bloody noisy. Especially if you were the unfortunate one sitting in line with the props. We did a trip once from Sale to Richmond, NSW to inspect some PC-9s being repainted in the paint shop there, then on to Edinburgh for a layover that night. The next day, we flew Edinburgh to Pearce, but the headwinds were so strong we had to land at Kalgoorlie to refuel as we weren't going to make Pearce. After a couple of days at Pearce, we returned to Sale, making it without a stop. It was a looooong 6 hour flight on the way home! We had to create a roster to ensure that we all had a turn sitting in the propline, otherwise the poor buggers who drew the short straw would've been deaf.

Pilot on that trip was my neighbour, and I was in the jump seat (ie a seat between the two pilot seats) as we arrived back into town. To let his wife know he was home and to come out to the base to pick him up, we flew a low level pass over the town, including over our houses. Was very cool.

Anyway, enough reminiscing from me. Probs boring the crap out of everyone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 03:07 AM   #3913
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not at all! Great story of what once was!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:17 PM   #3914
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
They were a great aircraft, just bloody noisy. Especially if you were the unfortunate one sitting in line with the props. We did a trip once from Sale to Richmond, NSW to inspect some PC-9s being repainted in the paint shop there, then on to Edinburgh for a layover that night. The next day, we flew Edinburgh to Pearce, but the headwinds were so strong we had to land at Kalgoorlie to refuel as we weren't going to make Pearce. After a couple of days at Pearce, we returned to Sale, making it without a stop. It was a looooong 6 hour flight on the way home! We had to create a roster to ensure that we all had a turn sitting in the propline, otherwise the poor buggers who drew the short straw would've been deaf.

Pilot on that trip was my neighbour, and I was in the jump seat (ie a seat between the two pilot seats) as we arrived back into town. To let his wife know he was home and to come out to the base to pick him up, we flew a low level pass over the town, including over our houses. Was very cool.

Anyway, enough reminiscing from me. Probs boring the crap out of everyone
Didn't bore the crap outta me, I had a flight in a Fokker prop plane from Cairns to Gove NT, geez I was seated alongside the wing, it was made worse by my hangover, but that was 1980, have no idea type of plane but I was a quivering mess and needed a good drink when I got there, and it was at the " Walkabout Hotel " nothing wrong with reminiscing Sky Pilot!
Old 14-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #3915
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Stumbled and beautifully face-butted the rear corner of my van yesterday, eyes are looking a bit black now…
Old 14-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #3916
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch.
Old 14-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #3917
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Stumbled and beautifully face-butted the rear corner of my van yesterday, eyes are looking a bit black now…
Hard to 'like' a post like that. I wonder how many associates will ask if everything is OK at home?

Should we nickname you Alice now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #3918
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Can't be too bad if you can still play the violin!...
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #3919
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You don’t want to hear me on a violin, someone would be calling the RSPCA about the apparent sounds of a cat being tortured.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 04:14 PM   #3920
leesa

Ripped off the mudflap on my trailer, replaced it, ripped off the new one 24 hours later, replaced it, now 3 days later I've ripped the mudflap off the other side. WHAT A STUPID DESIGN. Can't reverse over anything other than perfectly flat ground without ripping them off. What's the law regarding required length? Maybe being shorter might help.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2021, 04:16 PM   #3921
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Maybe being shorter might help.
Because you wouldn’t have to kneel down to replace them?
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #3922
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Ripped off the mudflap on my trailer, replaced it, ripped off the new one 24 hours later, replaced it, now 3 days later I've ripped the mudflap off the other side. WHAT A STUPID DESIGN. Can't reverse over anything other than perfectly flat ground without ripping them off. What's the law regarding required length? Maybe being shorter might help.
host pic

230mm from ground leesa.......
Old 14-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #3923
leesa

Quote:
Thanks, mine are 2 and a half inches off the ground
Old 14-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #3924
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

OK, that one made me laugh a lot haha
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2021, 05:09 PM   #3925
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, mine are 2 and a half inches off the ground
I used to bend my guards and not use rubber mud/stone flaps or guards, I made my last bend 90° to the trailer chassis, so the last bend was vertical or perpendicular, the page I copied was fton RTA NSW 1999, the rules of construction have not changed, if you go into any RTA you can get it free, they print the whole book for you, about 50 pages, same rules Australia wide.
Old 14-11-2021, 06:10 PM   #3926
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
imagehost pic

Is that WA rules or QLD rules though?
Old 14-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #3927
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all these regs get thrown out with the bathwater next July....or so Iam told. supposedly no more hand made trailers, all will need to ne manufactured by registered qualified welder. The trick is to buy old trailers now and just rebuild them and keep VIN & rego plates.
Old 14-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #3928
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:
'Hang' them with a bit of chain or stainless trace, should stop them folding back under. Always worked on the worked on my rally cars.
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2021, 08:57 PM   #3929
leesa

Quote:
Ease up, I'm short but noone is that short
Old 14-11-2021, 08:59 PM   #3930
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
'Hang' them with a bit of chain or stainless trace, should stop them folding back under. Always worked on the worked on my rally cars.
Do you have a pic? As in hang the bottom up or hang the entire mudflap off a chain from the top?