Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #3961
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Apparently diverticulitis; pain has not been fun but could be a lot worse, no sepsis or cancer found. Still got my private patient room on just a Medicare ticket.
I've had diverticulitis a couple of times. Given that my father passed away from stomach and bowel cancer, it was the reason i started on a five yearly visual inspection regime

But, yes, it can be quite painful. The good part is that once you're on the meds, it clears up quite quickly.

Hope it all goes well for you, CB. Enjoy the private room, too.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 12:12 PM   #3962
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Does appear that the female staffer is stirring the pot,hoping to extract $40k out of Paine,s wallet
Should be $400k, he can afford it
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #3963
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Apparently diverticulitis; pain has not been fun but could be a lot worse, no sepsis or cancer found. Still got my private patient room on just a Medicare ticket.
So what are they doing!.....investigation or surgery?
Usually it's just a day surgery thing, I have had to pay for mine as a public patient, just in a private facility, had the cameras and polyps removed or "snared" indoctor talk, mine never caused pain, just uncomfortable feeling in sigmoid colon, hope you be OK mate, nothing they can give you for it, just lay off the grog and better diet!

Get well soon
Old 23-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #3964
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Periscope in 6 weeks. I’ll see about posting it on TikTok.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 12:50 PM   #3965
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Periscope in 6 weeks. I’ll see about posting it on TikTok.
One end, or both? I hate having both, and waking up with a terrible taste in the mouth

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #3966
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I think (hope!) just the tradesman’s entrance.

Because I’m a loveable boofhead, the entry level trainee doctors have been trying their moves on me. They had to get a grownup in the end, for more samples.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #3967
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yay, welcome to the wonderful world of Diverticulitis

Hope you managed a big meal before entering that ward Citroenbender.
I think I was "eating" broth for 5 days when I was in with that.
Spent the first 3 days listening to the guy in the opposite bed carry on about how hungry he was, which made things worse. Day 4 I wanted to kill him. Day 5 I spent thinking of all the wonderful things I will eat when I am released

Hope everything sorts itself out quick enough.

EDIT - and don't worry about the periscope - its the litres of crap you have to drink beforehand thats ugly. Get through that part and periscope day is a breeze.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #3968
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
One end, or both? I hate having both, and waking up with a terrible taste in the mouth
Hahaha, my sentiments exactly, I've had about 20 colonoscopys and they do both ends, been going on since 1983?
My final words before they put me to sleep are, " is it cleaned from the last person".......and put it in my mouth first not my ****, lol!
This user likes this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #3969
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Sounds like you had it a lot worse, F71. I was mindful of obligations to my mate, he doesn’t want anyone else putting off investigation of real pain after his cancer diagnosis.

But yes, I spent most of last night thinking about yummy foods.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 01:25 PM   #3970
slowsnake
Banned

And on a sadder note, another young tradesman killed on the job in Perth, it gives me the ****s, bosses still have ot learned that "life" or your employees lives are worth more than making a bloody profit?

Why does it still happen?
People go to work and expect to go home at the end of the day, and only 19 years old, an "accident that should not of happened"

Geez I hate it, I really do bloody hate it, his family are grieving and their lives ruined, while the boss is having breakfast with his kids this morning, he's worried now about a **** poor investigation and keeping the bottom line in the black, bloody maggot, all of em just insensitive pratts!
Old 23-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #3971
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
And on a sadder note, another young tradesman killed on the job in Perth, it gives me the ****s, bosses still have ot learned that "life" or your employees lives are worth more than making a bloody profit?

People go to work and expect to go home at the end of the day, and only 19 years old, an "accident that should not of happened"

Geez I hate it, I really do bloody hate it, his family are grieving and their lives ruined, while the boss is having breakfast with his kids this morning, he's worried now about a **** poor investigation and keeping the bottom line in the black, bloody maggot, all of em just insensitive pratts!
Was that the one from 10 years ago?
Old 23-11-2021, 01:40 PM   #3972
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I think it’s current:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/wa...c-d3c5fdb8dfcc
Old 23-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #3973
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Yep, that's it CB, thanks for putting it up, but these last few years in Perth there have been probably 5 or 6 preventable workplace deaths, it's no better now than in the 70's and early 80's when Workcover was created, 1984 I think, all that's happened is a new company was formed and the hierarchy get paid mucho dollero to investigate why and stop it, or at least put a series of laws in place with real jail time for those who cut corners!

When in 1981 I watched a rigger Swan dive 300 feet head first into the muddy ground in the NT, it was a hole in the mud and a few feet down you could see the soles of his runners, and back to work?

That was it, so why was Workcover created??
Gives me the ****s, drinking with a bloke one night in the wet mess, and 12 hours later he's funking dead, kaput, finito?
Old 23-11-2021, 03:49 PM   #3974
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sounds like you had it a lot worse, F71. I was mindful of obligations to my mate, he doesn’t want anyone else putting off investigation of real pain after his cancer diagnosis.

But yes, I spent most of last night thinking about yummy foods.

Yeah, was not a good week that one.
One more time and its bye bye bowel for me. I really don't want to be there.

I was given jelly with my broth during those 5 days - can't stand the stuff, even without food for that long I still couldn't bring myself to eat it. So I enhanced my broth with a small packet of pepper....felt like a win
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #3975
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
that's freaky,

Thursday last week me and 2 other blokes were finishing off a double swing fire door set that lowered out of the ceiling, we were installing the safety catches and it needed a little adjustment. i said ill look at the strike plate to see why its not engaging. one bloke thought i told him to look at it and the other couldn't hold the door, the door swung down, missed the bloke on the ladder, the metal trim just scratched the other blokes arm, i copped the last 300mm of swing into a braced shoulder, if i was shorter than my 195cm it would have been the side of my head. so very lucky. we sat down and had a coffee and chatted about how it could have been prevented. the only way was someone constantly say 'im holding the door'. we would have swung the door into position over 50 times in that hour to make it fit perfect.

sometimes accidents happen. glad im hear to write that!
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 04:43 PM   #3976
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

All good to bag companies that do the wrong thing with work safety but where I work safety is paramount where the company will sack you for breaking life saver policies if caught, but what amazes me most is the "same workers who continually disregard safety rules" just doing short cuts.
Does your head in when you see this nonsense happening on regular basis.
In my opinion some workers deliberately expose themselves to unnecessary risks no matter how hard you try to dissuade them from doing the wrong.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #3977
.:4:.
Kicking back

Im going out on a limb here. Companies all have their own safety policies, some might not be up to scratch, but anyrate. But, some people don't follow the rules. At times in my past when i was younger i did just that to prove myself to others in my trade. It was the get it done attitude. So, im not a paraplegic or dead. But still, not the recomended method. Then theres the taking instruction to do the wrong thing and not questioning but just doing and things end up detrimentle.
Its very much about having someone to teach.
As an apprentice electrician, there were 2 blokes who were excellent teachers. The other tradesmen would treat you like they were working with a broken arm.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #3978
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah this workplace safety is 2 way.There are employers who want the job done as quick as possible and will cut corners to achieve a result,but there are employees who think they know best and ignore safety protocol,usually older workers who have been doing it “their way” for years and think they are infallible.There was a 15 year old rolled over a forklift and died.He had been told numerous times not to drive the machine,but disobeyed orders and drove it off the side of a ramp and rolled it.So why should the employer be guilty of anything other than not being there to wrestle the kid off the machine
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 09:08 PM   #3979
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think (hope!) just the tradesman’s entrance.

Because I’m a loveable boofhead, the entry level trainee doctors have been trying their moves on me. They had to get a grownup in the end, for more samples.
At my last colonoscopy, I asked if they were going to at least buy me a drink before shoving it in, twilight kicked in just at that moment so I have no way of knowing

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 23-11-2021, 09:26 PM   #3980
slowsnake
Banned

You are your own safety officer, but some people in my day could get their DLI tickets black market, that all good if ya stacking apples in a pyramid to code, but machinery operators are different, they mainly kill others not themselves, the 15 yr old on the forklift, well keep the key in ya pocket!...
Old 23-11-2021, 09:30 PM   #3981
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
All good to bag companies that do the wrong thing with work safety but where I work safety is paramount where the company will sack you for breaking life saver policies if caught, but what amazes me most is the "same workers who continually disregard safety rules" just doing short cuts.
Does your head in when you see this nonsense happening on regular basis.
In my opinion some workers deliberately expose themselves to unnecessary risks no matter how hard you try to dissuade them from doing the wrong.
I will "bag" companies who have bad safety practices when everyone who goes to work in the morning, comes home to their families at night!
Old 23-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #3982
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I will "bag" companies who have bad safety practices when everyone who goes to work in the morning, comes home to their families at night!
Read my sig
Old 23-11-2021, 09:57 PM   #3983
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe if the forklift wasn’t there for the use of a few authorised operators, taking the key out would be a good idea,but when a young smart**** blatantly disobeys orders to stay away from the machine!really what more can you do.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #3984
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Read my sig
Mmmm, construction was the main dangerous occupation once upon a time, but now its very common in all areas of work, but I remember about a year ago, the glass atrium was going up at a Perth University, the guys laying the glass in place had no idea that the day before an experienced older sparkle had noticed that the food trusses where negative camber not positive, he told the site manager, so what happened?......nothing, when the 3 kids went down with the structure, 1 died instantly, other 2 seriously injured, the glass cut their safety lines?.....what's that you say?.....why weren't they made from stainless cable?.......
Old 23-11-2021, 10:10 PM   #3985
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Maybe if the forklift wasn’t there for the use of a few authorised operators, taking the key out would be a good idea,but when a young smart**** blatantly disobeys orders to stay away from the machine!really what more can you do.
Sack him, for his own good!....I took a dozen men off the job in Gove NT over safety issues, I was union delegate for the AMWSU we were getting 18 year old ticketed crane chasers from Sydney, no experience at all!
I complained to management about him when he wrapped a sling around the centre of 6 pipes 8 metres long and 8 " dia, we had lifting beams with adjustable chains spaced over metres! when the crane driver, his uncle driving the BHB started walking the pipes through the fab shop, they went in all directions like the hands on a clock, what a ******** he was, we had an hours smoke to settle our nerves, he was to leave at the end of the week, but next day backed the BHB rear tyre onto his foot, I heard he went back to Lebanon a very rich young man, and I believe that was the purpose, get a compo payout but still function physically!
Old 24-11-2021, 12:04 PM   #3986
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

“The current estimated wait time is sixty-four minutes”.

For an enquiry on something that’s not clearly addressed on the relevant website. Unbelievable.
Old 25-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #3987
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

“Black Friday is here” - email today from Sparesbox.

No it isn’t; it’s still Thursday. Are they going to tell us it’s Christmas, next week?
3 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 11:13 PM   #3988
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got an email today telling me my parcel had been delivered..... on the 26th Friday (tomorrow).
Nothing in the letterbox. Found it lying in front of the neighbours door.

Edit...Im sitting at home by the way. I need to be so I can read the notes left out the front telling me what PO to drive to so I can collect my mail
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #3989
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got an email yesterday from Repco Australia telling me I'd won $5000.
I wish it was true...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2021, 10:38 AM   #3990
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the date is not the 13th, it isn't Black Friday.
It's a bull**** American marketing ploy
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: