Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #391
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

They are trying to get more here and can't supply enough. Most likely also waiting for Sync 3 Focus to come out
But you're right, Ford don't care about making money. May as well stop building

Anyway Your opinion - My opinion. I'm over it. Brick wall.

Happy life

Cheers

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #392
Pman35
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar98 View Post
getting excited pick my beast up on friday ....
Great news Shellstar! Mine will be a week old on Sat and I couldn't be happier so far. Weather is going to be sunny this weekend so enjoy your driving, you will not be disappointed.
Pman35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #393
shellstar98

Pman awesome I am glad U are enjoying your car and I bet I will be loving mine tomorrow so exciting
shellstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #394
shellstar98

Lol 4cyl turbo yes I agree not many if any in the western suburbs of Melbourne
Old 13-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #395
shellstar98

Not sure if I told everyone on here that my focus was the 2016.75 update to my surprise and I have sync 3
Old 13-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #396
Victor1

Quote:
Not sure if I told everyone on here that my focus was the 2016.75 update to my surprise and I have sync 3
Hey,
Any chance of a pic of the screen turned on?
I'd like to give my dealer the hurry up as I'm told my 2016.75 that was ordered months ago will possibly be delivered August 15 or there abouts .
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #397
shellstar98

I will try not sure how to post on here from a phone but its so much easier for me to use as I have an iphone
Old 13-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #398
shellstar98

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...1&d=1468402325 omg that was a chore to get on here pic of book will try and get a photo of screen tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z.jpg (7.5 KB, 77 views)
Old 13-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #399
shellstar98

Victor I ordered my car may 23rd and received it july 8th dealer didn't know I was getting sync 3 either he thought as it was a june production I would get sync 2
Old 23-07-2016, 01:11 AM   #400
VicVic
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Hi Everyone,
The little LZ sport (the Foal) is going great, except I had the white noise issue today. The symptom was that just after starting I pressed the voice control and got the worst noise I have ever heard. I could turn it down with volume button. I went straight to dealership were several of the people working there heard it. The guy booking me in said he had never heard of the issue before. Well, he has now, first hand. It's pretty disconcerting.

Unfortunately, when tech went to fix it, it wasn't happening. The did a radio update, and reset the system (whatever that means) So far so good, but I will post if it happens again.

The little LZ sport has now done just under 28000 klms at around 12.9 average. They wiped the trip computer today, so I'll have to start again.
VicVic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 04:57 AM   #401
Focii

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVic View Post
Hi Everyone,
The little LZ sport (the Foal) is going great, except I had the white noise issue today. The symptom was that just after starting I pressed the voice control and got the worst noise I have ever heard. I could turn it down with volume button. I went straight to dealership were several of the people working there heard it. The guy booking me in said he had never heard of the issue before. Well, he has now, first hand. It's pretty disconcerting.

Unfortunately, when tech went to fix it, it wasn't happening. The did a radio update, and reset the system (whatever that means) So far so good, but I will post if it happens again.

The little LZ sport has now done just under 28000 klms at around 12.9 average. They wiped the trip computer today, so I'll have to start again.
This has happened to a few people in this thread so far, however no recent reports. I managed to record it, does it sound anything like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiQSYbTpeHU

Mine did this once, and after a while, went into a long maintenance boot cycle. After that it never happened again. When I took it in for it's 3000km service, they updated the Sync 2 software/firmware.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it otherwise. I am enjoying mine a lot and I've only done about 11,000 km so far.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #402
VicVic
Starter Motor

Yep, so loud and really disconcerting. I should have taken video of mine. If it happens again I will.

At least a few people at the ford dealership saw it Focii and now they will acknowledge it as a problem I hope and look for a permanent fix. It was one of the main reasons I wanted this car, and I use it all the time.
New daily - 2022 Ford Focus Active in Silver
Extra new daily - 2018 Ford Focus LZ Sport in Candy Red
VicVic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #403
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
At least a few people at the ford dealership saw it Focii and now they will acknowledge it as a problem I hope and look for a permanent fix.
I doubt anything will come of it.
No company would spend time & money on an issue that occurs once or twice a year (if at all), doesn't last long, isn't a safety issue, in a system (sync2) that is now obsolete.

We can all live in hope of course.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #404
Victor1

Yes mate you are correct sync3 is now the update,hardware and software updated.
Old 27-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #405
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

12.9? Litres per 100kms.
Just came back from visiting a mate who was showing me round his home city in a 2008 4 litre falcon xr6 "......it averaged 11.1 litres per 100kms.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #406
Victor1

There has to be something wrong here I agree that level of fuel consumption is way to excessive.
If I do a short trip in traffic my consumption goes up to 9 or 10 but going to work 38 km highway and traffic combined I average 6.6
Old 28-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #407
WindsorXR

I haven't actually looked for a while, but I think my average was around 7.5 last time I looked

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 28-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #408
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

7.2 for mine. Only 2 weeks old and still running it in (600km on the clock)
All city stop start to and from work driving.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #409
csfulton

If I go to change the wheels from 17inch on the Sport to 18inch, do I need to get the Alloy wheel steering rack limiter (P/N: AMAM5J 3K660 AA)?
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #410
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csfulton View Post
If I go to change the wheels from 17inch on the Sport to 18inch, do I need to get the Alloy wheel steering rack limiter (P/N: AMAM5J 3K660 AA)?
most certainly mate, apparently its a must
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #411
Victor1

Gday,
I picked up my lz sport magnetic auto at 4 pm today and I am so happy with it I took a week off of work to play with it.
But it was meant to have tinted weather shields,and I am now told they have been recalled due to them falling off.has anyone heard of this recall or them falling off?
Also are factory scuff plates available for the rear doors?
Old 16-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #412
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
Gday,
I picked up my lz sport magnetic auto at 4 pm today and I am so happy with it I took a week off of work to play with it.
But it was meant to have tinted weather shields,and I am now told they have been recalled due to them falling off.has anyone heard of this recall or them falling off?
Also are factory scuff plates available for the rear doors?
Enjoy the new car mate, they really are a gem! strange about the weathershields? they've been the same ones used for years on the previous focus, picked our lz titanium up early this year with weathershields and haven't fallen off and are still strong as a rock, we also got a set of scuff plates off ebay on the cheap
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #413
Victor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie86 View Post
Enjoy the new car mate, they really are a gem! strange about the weathershields? they've been the same ones used for years on the previous focus, picked our lz titanium up early this year with weathershields and haven't fallen off and are still strong as a rock, we also got a set of scuff plates off ebay on the cheap
Cheers mate,
I have only driven 18 kms so far and I am wrapped.
I stopped for a traffic light at 3 km from picking it up and the car behind me got rear ended ,how lucky was I ? The car behind me was that close to hitting me I could see the bottom of her windscreen in my rear view mirror and the bent up bonnet of the ute that hit her through the rear window.
I have also seen cheap scuff plates on eBay but I thought the scuff plates came for all doors.at $140 two front plates appears a bit rich!!!!
Old 16-08-2016, 09:48 PM   #414
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
I have also seen cheap scuff plates on eBay but I thought the scuff plates came for all doors.at $140 two front plates appears a bit rich!!!!
You can get original scuff plates on ebay for $80 plus delivery. Still a bit rich though for just the two plates..
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #415
shellstar98

How much were the scuff plates through ford? I never got the option stupid salesman
Old 17-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #416
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
How much were the scuff plates through ford? I never got the option stupid salesman
Ford Accessories site says $117 for the pair..

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus/ac...41249152286027
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #417
Steve7181
Starter Motor

I just had my 3000 check up this morning and at the low rate of klms i do perhaps i would have been better with a new pair of sneakers lol.
My weather shields are still secure but ill keep an eye on them so thanks for bringing that up, as far as price im not sure as i got them for cost price when negotiating the car.
I average around 11ltr/100 on my short heavy traffic commute but i think this engine is thirsty on anything but a freeway. I'll always be a boy racer at heart so if im in the front row at a set of lights ill bury the right foot and still get a smile at the sound and go this little engine responds with.
I asked at the checkup about disconnecting the passenger seat belt sensor as my work bag sets it off which drives me insane but because its a safety feature they won't but said its a common complaint as even handbags set them off. Im guessing its like an old laser i had and just a clip to undo so will see if it sends any faults onto the dash.
Steve7181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #418
WindsorXR

It probably doesn't look the best, but maybe just plug your passenger seat belt in.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #419
aaaaplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Ford Accessories site says $117 for the pair..

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus/ac...41249152286027
You can get Scuff plates for roughly $70 on eBay that are genuine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...wAAOSwfZhXM~Pj

There are also non-genuine one which look almost identical but are missing the moulding but include rear scuff plates for around $50

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FOCU...aype91NC6tmXXg
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #420
aaaaplay

Also we just replaced our MY2012 LW Sport (German) with a brand new MY2016.75 LZ Sport with Tech Package in red. Much nicer car to drive and the seats and suspension are far more comfortable. Currently have 140km's on the clock as we only got it yesterday.
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post