Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #4321
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That's so funny, I've got stuff like that around here too! Last one was a lose towel rail in the bathroom, was dodgy for two years. It only took a couple of turns with a screw driver, but you can't rush these things.
...and two weeks later it'll be back to normal!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2022, 01:26 AM   #4322
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
That's so funny, I've got stuff like that around here too! Last one was a lose towel rail in the bathroom, was dodgy for two years. It only took a couple of turns with a screw driver, but you can't rush these things.
You have to have something trivial to complain about. Otherwise its just complaining. Everyone i know was all 'call a locksmith'. I knew it was simple. Its not rocket surgery. Things scew in from the inside, still, a rock or a hammer could smash the glass door, but atleast the manufacturer tried. To be fair, break into my house, theres not much worth stealing anyway.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #4323
slowsnake
Banned

Sitting in my doctors surgery, 7:30 am fortnightly appointment, same folk there, but the lady with Lyme disease courtesy of a Bali holiday 4 yrs ago was smiling, said she has started feeling better after all this time!

That made me feel good today!.....
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #4324
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ did you offer her a "neck rub"
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2022, 05:20 PM   #4325
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
^^ did you offer her a "neck rub"
No, but I did wish her all the best for the future, Lyme affects people differently and it's hit her legs hard, her spine is fine, just blood tests to prove Lyme are about AU$5,000 and are done in Germany, the Lab testing here in Melbourne are hopeless, they do not use international standards, they use Australian test procedures, as "we don't have Lyme here?" they run the wrong tests, you can't find something if we don't have it in Australia?

It's here alright, but not borrelia burgduferi, but we have borrelia that's a fact, but carried by different mammals, yet a tick is still the vector!

Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2022, 05:31 PM   #4326
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
You have to have something trivial to complain about. Otherwise its just complaining. Everyone i know was all 'call a locksmith'. I knew it was simple. Its not rocket surgery. Things scew in from the inside, still, a rock or a hammer could smash the glass door, but atleast the manufacturer tried. To be fair, break into my house, theres not much worth stealing anyway.
Trust me, I have plenty to complain about!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #4327
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Think i have finished modifying this rig...

Nope still going that made me feel good today
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2022, 08:56 PM   #4328
Kicking back

Sometimes when you see something with appropriate packaging you just have to buy it. Was down at my local meat market, they sell other stuff too, but there was a bag of lollies called the grandpa mix. Its just the same as a party mix bag of lollies.
So next time a care package is dropped to my grandparents, that will be the contriband that gets snuck in. At 95 my grandpa still hasnt lost his sense of humour so he will have a laugh at the package.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2022, 04:09 PM   #4329
Kicking back

So the bloke who rents my granny flat spoke to the people behind because one big branch of one of their trees rubs the tv aerial and is annoying (eh i dont hear it).
So the lady who has said tree stuck her head over the fence today. She had a friend over to remove said branch but was concerned as gravity makes things fall down. She isnt wrong, that branch being cut and falling down, yeah that would take out the tv aerial, damage the roof of the flat and do a number on the fence.
So i gave my option. Then the liability what ifs, i said because i said ok, any damage on my side of the fence is my problem. Lent a 15m rope to direct the fall. Her friend made the cut. Flawless execution.
It took no time flat. Both the lady and her friend (myself too to be honest) were happy at the outcome and how quick it really was. The anxiety from the other party disappeared mid fall past the fence line.
So the branch was done with a hand saw on a ladder, but on the ground i offered up my chainsaw to section it up, that also was appreciated.
So i could tell there was a lot of stress and concern before asking me about the tree as there were a lot of things that could have gone wrong. But things went right.
I got a smile and a thanks, thats all i need.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2022, 08:38 PM   #4330
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Got home from my week away this arvo. Neighbours across the road from me are retired, probs in their mid to late 60s at a guess. They were having a family gathering whilst I was airing out the camper and putting everything away.

I popped over when they came out to say goodbye to their guests. They said they were worried that I hadn't got home as they couldn't quite remember when I said I'd be home.

Then they said that they had missed me whilst I had been away.

It's nice to be missed.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2022, 09:03 PM   #4331
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Doing a 45000km service on the KIA Cerato GT for under $150

Oil & Filter/ Brake flush/Coolant flush/Cabin Filter/ Inj Cleaner/ Tyre Rotation and Wiper Blades...

5 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2022, 11:49 PM   #4332
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Doing a 45000km service on the KIA Cerato GT for under $150

Oil & Filter/ Brake flush/Coolant flush/Cabin Filter/ Inj Cleaner/ Tyre Rotation and Wiper Blades...

Very clean garage.

Regards,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #4333
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Just being alive
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 03:08 PM   #4334
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's slowsnake? He usually posts in here, been a few days, I know he's got some health issues. All good I hope.
Old 22-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #4335
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disregard, I just saw he's in the naughty corner, again.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #4336
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally finished a refurb of our main filling line at work. Started it over the xmas break, and every bit I pulled off, I found more work to be done. But it's now operating like new, and looks almost as clean as new. Probably hadnt been done in 20 years or more....

Murphys Law says the PLC dies on it this week....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #4337
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Disregard, I just saw he's in the naughty corner, again.
Not so much been put into the naughty corner this time as been evicted from the house.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 03:35 PM   #4338
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My new lawn bowls finally arrived today ...long wait .. but this really tickled me no end .... I know how good these are because I've got one but this special I think not ...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/huon...011/1290686194 ....

Hope it's supposed to be at least 100K cheaper or this bloke might be waiting a while ....
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 03:49 PM   #4339
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
My new lawn bowls finally arrived today ...long wait .. but this really tickled me no end .... I know how good these are because I've got one but this special I think not ...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/huon...011/1290686194 ....

Hope it's supposed to be at least 100K cheaper or this bloke might be waiting a while ....
He's looking for expressions of interest, you have to put in a price or the ad won't publish.
Old 26-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #4340
Kicking back

Well my son finished his project yesterday (well projects are never finished) but the gaming pc he wanted to build has windows on it and it runs.
Dunno why he wanted to build one as opposed to just buy one, but he is more then happy at his achievement. He saved a bunch of money too..... because i paid for it.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 07:53 PM   #4341
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Picked up my new computer yesterday. My old one was about four years old and more and more glitches were creeping in. As you can imagine for someone who lives on online forums, this was getting old!

I know the very basics of computers, but that it. My boss's brother owns and runs a computer consulting/support company. I leave this stuff to them, they set the thing up, back up my data and provide the anti-virus support. I pay full retail, when I take care of their office gardens they do the same. No guilt in asking or expecting a discount by both parties this way. The new unit is a HP ProBook 450 G8 (15.6" FHD) - Custom 512, what that means is beyond me, hopefully it performs what I need it to do.

In a technical sense, this unit has been bought under my business name for the purpose of generating invoices and keeping records. It is however where I upload, edit and post images from. And also where I research and order detailing supplies. So use this thing a LOT.

Now I have to learn the quirks of Windows 11 compared to 10 of my previous unit.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 08:01 PM   #4342
Kicking back

Quote:
Picked up my new computer yesterday. My old one was about four years old and more and more glitches were creeping in. As you can imagine for someone who lives on online forums, this was getting old!

I know the very basics of computers, but that it. My boss's brother owns and runs a computer consulting/support company. I leave this stuff to them, they set the thing up, back up my data and provide the anti-virus support. I pay full retail, when I take care of their office gardens they do the same. No guilt in asking or expecting a discount by both parties this way. The new unit is a HP ProBook 450 G8 (15.6" FHD) - Custom 512, what that means is beyond me, hopefully it performs what I need it to do.

In a technical sense, this unit has been bought under my business name for the purpose of generating invoices and keeping records. It is however where I upload, edit and post images from. And also where I research and order detailing supplies. So use this thing a LOT.

Now I have to learn the quirks of Windows 11 compared to 10 of my previous unit.
Well, the main thing that annoyed me going to 11 was the task bar icons being in the middle, not to the left. Its easy to change.
Old 26-02-2022, 08:02 PM   #4343
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
My new lawn bowls finally arrived today ...long wait ..
What bowls did you get roddy?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #4344
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Well, the main thing that annoyed me going to 11 was the task bar icons being in the middle, not to the left. Its easy to change.
They asked me if I wanted Windows 10 or 11 and I said I didn't care.

The task bar being in the middle is taking some time to adjust to as well.
Mustang GT

Old 26-02-2022, 08:17 PM   #4345
Kicking back

Quote:
They asked me if I wanted Windows 10 or 11 and I said I didn't care.

The task bar being in the middle is taking some time to adjust to as well.
That can be changed.
Old 26-02-2022, 09:09 PM   #4346
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

...the story Christopher Hitchens tells about a newspaper editor that had to sack their astrologist with the letter beginning with "as you will no doubt have foreseen."

Made me hee haww anyway.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2022, 10:01 PM   #4347
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Picked up a box of beautiful Roma tomato's today, ready to make sauce tomorrow.

I have mentioned this in the past, I make this is memory of my Grandmother. Last year we didn't make it, which just didn't feel right, so this year we will be making two large batches. The process takes a fair bit of effort and stinks the house out for days, but the taste makes it all worthwhile.
Mustang GT

Old 07-03-2022, 09:35 AM   #4348
HIPO
Al

good stuff.... as a kid we had an extended Greek family next door, who would get together for that & other cooking. Really nice stuff & people.... the Mummas would always be trying to fatten me up with their delicious pastries too.

I have been getting into pickling vegies, sourced from locally grown stuff after foody memories of my Greek Mummas....
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2022, 05:04 PM   #4349
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Currently in discussions to purchase a 10sec Clevo powaahhed XE....

Last edited by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys; 07-03-2022 at 05:13 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2022, 06:38 PM   #4350
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Picked up a box of beautiful Roma tomato's today, ready to make sauce tomorrow.

I have mentioned this in the past, I make this is memory of my Grandmother. Last year we didn't make it, which just didn't feel right, so this year we will be making two large batches. The process takes a fair bit of effort and stinks the house out for days, but the taste makes it all worthwhile.
Three batches later, 36 bottles is the result.

Our chief supervisor...........

Mustang GT

5 users like this post: