Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-12-2022, 05:43 PM   #4981
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Lawn all done, bees settled and the predicted light showers are riding in.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2022, 09:33 PM   #4982
stock1991
Limited supply

Christmas
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2022, 04:53 PM   #4983
Itsme
Experienced Member

I feel good today knowing last night was my last shift for the year and now being on Xmas break, but the best part is last night was an extra O/time shift where I came into work and sat down doing nothing for 12 hours which earned me a tidy sum of $500; this is what really made me feel good today!
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to all of you.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2022, 06:27 PM   #4984
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Took the Wife and youngest Daughter Christmas food shopping.
Not just your run of the mill whip around the markets or malls mind you.

We started off with a leisurely, early morning drive up into the Adelaide hills for a visit to Melba's chocolate factory at Woodside where we bought our chrissy lollies.
A quick pitstop at Otto's bakery in Handorf was made before a visit to Beerenberg strawberry farm for a few kilo's of personally picked strawberries.
Next, we dropped into Udder Delights who manufacture cheese products locally for some fancy cheese.
Finally, we called in to Cherries at Verdun for a couple of kilo's of personally picked cherries.

Its becoming a bit of a tradition now in our Family and it feels good to give to the local growers and producers instead of the corporate giants.

Merry Xmas people.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2022, 06:43 PM   #4985
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thought Id mentioned these guys before Croissant D'Or Bakery Somerset Circuit Lonsdale

when we hit Adelaide usually spent $80 at a time there.
Old 23-12-2022, 08:08 PM   #4986
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

We had couple come in today with their 7-month old Cocker Spaniel today. She was absolutely gorgeous, golden in colour with the cutest white stripe over her nose.

What a joyous sight, a happy little puppy excitedly exploring the world. I even got kisses.

Made me smile for hours.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2022, 01:51 AM   #4987
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
thought Id mentioned these guys before Croissant D'Or Bakery Somerset Circuit Lonsdale

when we hit Adelaide usually spent $80 at a time there.
Yes, great call by Tonz here.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #4988
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Yes, great call by Tonz here.
further, usually pig out at daughters place then freeze the rest and take home. Not the best idea but still more enjoyable than whats available locally. Although rumour has it some business is now bringing them over. Detective work under way.
Their almond ones are yummy.
Old 24-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #4989
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Donated $100 to food bank Vic this morning. A little bit late to directly contribute, but I got that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I may just have helped those less fortunate than me enjoy a Christmas lunch. Something most of us take for granted.

Merry Christmas all.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #4990
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

4th day in a row of hitting the gym since i have been home, every hawt tattoo'd chick on the Gold coast seemed to be crammed into the EMF Training Centre at Robina this morning

Opposite the Sauna they have a Steam Room i discovered this morning (clothes optional) and being the nosy person that i am i gave it a try for i reckon 15mins ?

I lost 2kg !!

I hope i have enough alcohol in the fridge to replenish those lost vital fluids today

Peace
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #4991
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post

I lost 2kg !!
In 15 mins. Wouldn't that have been the weight of your clothes ?

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 01:53 PM   #4992
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Sweat actually ... from Leaving home to returning home but dont worry, i am already 1kg heavier now than i was this morning.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 02:06 PM   #4993
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Sweat actually ... from Leaving home to returning home but dont worry, i am already 1kg heavier now than i was this morning.
A couple years back just for reasearch purposes, the i had the guys working under me and myself weigh ourselves at the start of the shift. We were working in a car park that was an absolute sweat box. Even with plenty of water consumed during the day, we weighed in 8 hours later. Myself being one of the lighter guys, i lost 1.5kgs. And i had a tad over 4L of water in that time. So you can 'sweat it out' if you stay hydrated. Not a recomended weight loss method.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 03:37 PM   #4994
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Myself being one of the lighter guys, i lost 1.5kgs. And i had a tad over 4L of water in that time. So you can 'sweat it out' if you stay hydrated. Not a recomended weight loss method.
Don't think I would loose that much weight hand loading and unloading 3 tons of granite on a Summer's day even given the amount of water I consume.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #4995
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I took the Mustang to work today, that in itself is always a recipe for a feel-good day.

We have a mini-golf course to supplement the nursery business, school holidays are always a busy time with parents looking for activities to occupy their children.

At about 4pm today, a lady came in with two 10-year-old boys to play golf, one who then asked if the Mustang in the carpark was mine, cue lots of questions. I'm not good with kids, but if it's a subject that I love, then I'm in my element.

I sort of knew where this was going to lead. Right on cue, they returned from their game and handed in the clubs just as I was about to go home, cue "can you rev it up"..............

A couple of blips of the throttle and then a full throttle launch onto the highway was my parting gift. I know I lived for stuff like this as a kid,
so hopefully I infected them with the Ford disease today like I was with several encounters with hot Falcon's.

(Note - I always start the car to warm it up before I leave, so I didn't thrash on a cold engine with the above antics)
Mustang GT

Old 24-12-2022, 09:01 PM   #4996
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you made his Christmas
Old 25-12-2022, 12:34 AM   #4997
yakcam
I drank what?

I managed to finish painting my nephews present, I literally just finished putting the clear coat on. Tomorrow I'll make a display stand for it before they visit at about 5pm. I was under the pump and worried that i wouldn't make it. Due to my situation, my brother wont let me buy or "get" him anything, but he didn't mention "make"...lol Hey, he's my nephew
Old 25-12-2022, 08:32 AM   #4998
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

A family of magpies on the street lamp outside my bedroom warbling to anyone who cares to listen a merry Christmas greeting in the early morning fog/gloom.

Merry Christmas to all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 25-12-2022, 05:10 PM   #4999
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Dragged this out of the cupboard; more than a semitone flat after being untouched several years. Production date, March 1957. It’s at once a bit thin and “thuddy” sounding (poor lower midrange) but classy enough to fake your blues or jazz prowess with.
Was considering selling it, but they seem to be worth very little even now - maybe $1500, and you likely wouldn’t find something different but on par for that sum.
Old 25-12-2022, 11:54 PM   #5000
Late braker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I took the Mustang to work today, that in itself is always a recipe for a feel-good day.

We have a mini-golf course to supplement the nursery business, school holidays are always a busy time with parents looking for activities to occupy their children.

At about 4pm today, a lady came in with two 10-year-old boys to play golf, one who then asked if the Mustang in the carpark was mine, cue lots of questions. I'm not good with kids, but if it's a subject that I love, then I'm in my element.

I sort of knew where this was going to lead. Right on cue, they returned from their game and handed in the clubs just as I was about to go home, cue "can you rev it up"..............

A couple of blips of the throttle and then a full throttle launch onto the highway was my parting gift. I know I lived for stuff like this as a kid,
so hopefully I infected them with the Ford disease today like I was with several encounters with hot Falcon's.

(Note - I always start the car to warm it up before I leave, so I didn't thrash on a cold engine with the above antics)
Relieved about the warmed up engine etc- my first thought was full throttle on a cold start but all good. Mechanical sympathy can still be had when having a thrash with it
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2022, 12:09 AM   #5001
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late braker View Post
Relieved about the warmed up engine etc- my first thought was full throttle on a cold start but all good. Mechanical sympathy can still be had when having a thrash with it
I do drive my cars hard, but then I look after them too.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #5002
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Gee I love a summer storm! Got our first proper one of the season here today. About 36 deg and then the storm hit. From completely dry to house gutters overflowing in less than 30 seconds! I love the smell of ozone just before the rain comes. And then that fresh smell right afterward.

The storm that hit us:

The hail in my alfresco area, giving an idea as to how windy it was to drive it in the 3m or so from the roof line:

And my car sitting in what was once the shady spot, but now the hail protection spot, showing the somewhat blue sky only a few kms away:

The dog is not quite so happy. Her post would go in the "Geez I hate that..." thread The thunder has literally not stopped for the last hour since the first cell moved in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-12-2022, 09:45 PM   #5003
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knowing Christmas is done and dusted,TF.
And hot cross buns are already in stores, love my HC buns.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2022, 10:02 PM   #5004
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi View Post
…Bought myself a 1m x 3/4” breaker online not because of any discount (there wasn’t) but it was cheap enough anyway at $52-something posted.
Already, I’ve been advised the postage label is printed - not too shabby for a public holiday. Reckon this will arrive on Thursday or Friday; it’s only going across Sydney.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #5005
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
A family of magpies on the street lamp outside my bedroom warbling to anyone who cares to listen a merry Christmas greeting in the early morning fog/gloom.

Merry Christmas to all.
Family is back on the lamp post again this morning. Funny to watch them as today they're not taking it in turns to warble, instead choosing to all warble at the same time for a few seconds, then they spend a few seconds all pruning themselves, and then the cycle continues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2022, 10:34 AM   #5006
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can listen to magpies all day, just beautiful noise.
Old 27-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #5007
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Family is back on the lamp post again this morning. Funny to watch them as today they're not taking it in turns to warble, instead choosing to all warble at the same time for a few seconds, then they spend a few seconds all pruning themselves, and then the cycle continues.
Whats funny is reading this post without the context of the one you quoted.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #5008
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Whats funny is reading this post without the context of the one you quoted.
I'm concerned they are pruning themselves.

Old 27-12-2022, 11:34 AM   #5009
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I'm concerned they are pruning themselves.
!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #5010
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took the XC for a long drive the other week. FMX decided to play up, wouldn't go into third, had to manually move the shifter into 2nd after stopping at lights.
Poor old girl revving it's guts out in 2nd for about 40 kays, sucking heaps of fuel, lucky I have a 120 litre tank.
Finally got my rs into gear and got underneath this arvo. Vacuum hose from the modulator/diaphragm on the side of the box had popped off.
Easy fix, quick drive, all good.
Will have to replace it though, a bit perished, will probably do it again.
2 users like this post: