Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah they make the what little max torque they have about 4ooo rpm even the supercharged version is not all that far ahead of my au.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #32
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Good review...pretty much most I agree with, apart from resale. always gona get better resale with toyota. pretty much no doubt about it, unless u own an avalon......
hy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #33
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
The Fairmont ghia shows is age, only highlight is the ZF.
Surely you've just become used to all the good stuff on the Ghia. How could the ZF be the only highlight? Clearly you are in drool mode in anticipation of the Orion! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #34
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
So the speedo says 120 but its actually 110 have you taken it back to Toyota to get it fixed interested to know as I sent a car back to holden that had an inacurate speedo and the young girl advised me that the GPS we used was wrong due to time delay from satellite and that the speedo was correct she got very upset when I proved her to be an idiot.
No i haven't taken it back to Toyota as i've replaced the wheels with different sized ones. There is a small difference in rolling diameter which i believe causes the difference.

Before i had the wheels changed, the difference between the speedo and Satnav was approx 5km at 120.

Anyway - Xr6 is looking a little dated now. I may be biased, but i think the pic below looks better than most Xr6's.

DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Camrys and Aurions always look so undertyred, no matter how big the wheels are.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #36
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB
That is the biggest load of garbage i have ever heard. I own a ZR6 (next model up from SX6) and i used to own a BA XR6.

I have a satnav and i sit on 120 on the freeway (110 actual speed), and my average freeway consumption is 8.1l/100km. Around town its 8.9l/100

You would have to thrash its *** off all day to push consumption above 10l/100km.
I was speaking strictly in reference to Toyotas' "claimed" fuel economy figure of 9.9L/100km, the one they submit to the government or whatever. They do the little speedo trick to attain better consumption figures - my Dads new Hilux is the same.

Anyway, your car looks sweet. Those rims really suit, and I think the Sportivos' the best looking model in white too, so you've done well. :
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just drove an Aurion SR6 for a temporary company car, and I wasnt too disappointed overall.

One thing that annoyed me straight away, was the huge silver dash and center console.
I didnt like knobs being in matching silver either.
I found that the Volume knob made it too easy to turn off the stereo from the passenger seat over moderate bumps.
Didnt like the stereo display with its archaic $5 calculator style digits.
The instrument display was a bit ambiguous at times, making judging the speed a little tricky.
I found the seating to be a bit hard. It was supportive, but wasnt as comfortable as it should have been.
Rear legroom was really at a premium, even with the front seats somewhat forward.
I found the engine to be a bit lifeless,as if there were a few soft areas. Thats most likely the lack of torque, comming out of my AU. Just like has been mentioned before, I think its just poor engine tuning

Otherwise, I was fairly pleased with the car. I like the styling, its nice and quiet (though I'd prefer it to have a little more engine noise), all in all it has a fairly smooth ride, it was easy to drive. Not a bad car in my opinion.

I must say, I was pleased to get back into my AU at the end of the day, probably in the same way as putting on your old pair of shoes after trying on a new pair. However if I was in the market for a new car, I wouldnt exclude the Aurion from my search.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #38
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Surely you've just become used to all the good stuff on the Ghia. How could the ZF be the only highlight? Clearly you are in drool mode in anticipation of the Orion! LOL!

GK
Had a think about it and found a couple more highlights of the Fairmont Ghia. The sports steering wheel and the torquey I6.