Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #31
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: What really grinds my gears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
And guess what, if you're stupid enough to do so you deserve it.

Don't know how many times I read these type of threads in the 7 odd years I've been a member here, but there is no entrapment law in Australia.

Done, dusted.
Cool - so is it OK for them to shoot at you to see if you have a gun and will shoot back?

That sort of conduct by Police should have them suspended - if racing is so dangerous why would they try to get someone to do it?

Defend it all you like, it just destroys the police forces credibility.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10
You America, F*&% you!
hahaha peter griffin
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
cdonny
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
When he gave you the "look" at the first set of lights, how come you didn't notice he was a copper then?

Still I would've run him. He'd probably would have beaten me to.
At the first set of lights i was on his right, by the third lights I was on his left as I needed to turn, from that angle I could clearly see all the lights, gadgets and what not inside his car, could see everything except his badge number :P
cdonny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
xbxd351

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Actually an offence

Excessive noise they ping you for
Pretty sure they also have excessive acceleration under the "hoon" category.

Remember the days when you could go for a blast down the highway without the fear of seeing your car being loaded onto the back of a tilt tray on the six o'clock news?
xbxd351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #35
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleXR8
Local hwp in Vic used to flash there high beams at you at night, give them a big burst back then they'd nail you for it
I've seen the QLD Police do the same thing. I remember that time when a car coming towards me turned his high beams on, it was extremely bright and couldn't tell what kind of vehicle it was. Sure enough, it was a cop car.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Cool - so is it OK for them to shoot at you to see if you have a gun and will shoot back?

That sort of conduct by Police should have them suspended - if racing is so dangerous why would they try to get someone to do it?

Bit over the top re: guns?

The police know your general "hoon" will have a go and its easy fines and defects based on a person's stupidity. In the time I've been driving I have never ever seen an officer try and bait someone into a traffic light drag race. So it makes me wonder what the driver was doing beforehand to draw the attention to themselves.

My AU ute I had was stupidly loud at 2000rpm upwards as some members here can attest to and I never was "baited" into trying to drag someone.

Me thinks there is more than one side to this story.
Old 29-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Bit over the top re: guns?

The police know your general "hoon" will have a go and its easy fines and defects based on a person's stupidity. In the time I've been driving I have never ever seen an officer try and bait someone into a traffic light drag race. So it makes me wonder what the driver was doing beforehand to draw the attention to themselves.

My AU ute I had was stupidly loud at 2000rpm upwards as some members here can attest to and I never was "baited" into trying to drag someone.

Me thinks there is more than one side to this story.
Absolutely over the top. But where is the line?

Should they say inappropriate things to your girlfriend outside a nightclub to see if you retaliate in the fight against nightclub thuggery?

The line should be that Police should observe and police laws, not try change people's behavoir to break them. And I have been baited by a Golf on the M1 on the Gold Coast. Didn't pick it till they pulled someone over further up the road. And the only other side to that story was that I was sitting on cruise at 110 right on the limit. It happens.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #38
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

As xisled said, they have been baiting for years.

Many years ago I fell victim to this plain orange XD (thats how long ago it was) that was going slow in front of me in a 75 zone, I passed him (double lane), he overtook me again, pulled in front then slowed down again so I then went over the speed limit to pass again before it went to a single lane and double lines for some distance.

Then I got pulled over. Obviously he was needing to add to his catch, he didnt look at anything else, just wrote out the ticket, did a u-turn and was off to get his next victim.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #39
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

As everyone said police have been baiting people for years. They have even been known to use modified unmarked vehicles wearing p plates.

Also as some have said there is a hoon law called excessive acceleration and you will get pinged for it. Have been in cars when people have been warned with it.

If there was ever the right for the public to book police for traffic infringements or defects I would have given out countless books by now lol.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #40
jmak44

Highway Patrol do it all the time i was being tailgated for 10 minutes by an unmarked car trying to push me to speed up however i stuck to my guns and kept 5 clicks under the speed limit.

Upon turning into my street the cop was still up my rear then decieded to pull me over for a random check.

Once he was satisfied that the vehicle was in order he ****ed off.
Old 29-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Sorry, ya lost me..
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #42
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Well, better not let those undercover cops and/or paid off crims deal drugs in a sting...

Thats entrapment and its not allowed, the police are forcing you to buy drugs dammit!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #43
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Cant even nail it up to the limit in wa,its called a"display of acceleration,or undue excessive noise"
Not saying if ive ever been done for either...
Just need to hold off till the drags start in a week or two
Keep it off the street boys and girls and you will be ok
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #44
rjones89
Starter Motor

keep your eyes peeled for a ss ute with skitters on the back too. they appear to do anything they can these days
rjones89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #45
NEEDspeed

Its about time people harden up and just report these scabs in for tailgating and whatnot. Dont rise to their game, just be law abiding then report the cars plate or the officers badge number. After all, isnt tailgating an offence anyway?

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
NEEDspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #46
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't believe some of the people who are supposed to enforce traffic laws to keep the roads safe, do such stupid things unnecessarily.
Highbeam cars at night, tailgate, overtake people then slow down. Seriously? Wasn't there any other crimes that day?

I really need to get around getting a video camera in my car. Never know when I might come across someone with not enough tickets in their book and too much time on their hands.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #47
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now that 7Eleven in my area is selling Krispy Kreme Donuts it looks as if the poll-eece presence will be greatly diminished here. Anyone seen an under-cover police commodore vehicle equipped with a Chev badge on it?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #48
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What if you have traction control, with little to no wheel spin and hardly any noise at all

You raced right up to 70 clicks to the next traffic light which would be another 30 seconds up the road

What can they pin you in then???
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #49
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Call me paranoid, but whenever I see a VE SS on the road I watch my speedo very carefully. I assume that very VE is a copper and I haven't been pinged yet.

I've had coppers try and bait me before but again, if they're in a VE then no dice.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #50
jmak44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB
Call me paranoid, but whenever I see a VE SS on the road I watch my speedo very carefully. I assume that very VE is a copper and I haven't been pinged yet.

I've had coppers try and bait me before but again, if they're in a VE then no dice.
I get paranoid too, when i see a VE tailing me i do the good old change lanes see if they change trick or just look out for any instruments coming from the dashboard or even lights in the grill.
Old 30-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #51
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok so everyone says theyve been doing it for years. Who cares? Still doesnt make it right
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #52
LTDHO
The one and only

Very true.

you'd think more time would be spent on investigating crimes then setting up people.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #53
red_hotxr6
Banned

Just be glad you did the right thing and obeyed the road rules and everything turned out ok and you got home safe and with all your points intact..lol
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #54
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Should they say inappropriate things to your girlfriend outside a nightclub to see if you retaliate in the fight against nightclub thuggery?
Depends, if it was a one off I'd tell him to shut up and back off. Keep being persistant and don't hold me accountable for my actions.

Quote:
The line should be that Police should observe and police laws, not try change people's behavoir to break them. And I have been baited by a Golf on the M1 on the Gold Coast. Didn't pick it till they pulled someone over further up the road. And the only other side to that story was that I was sitting on cruise at 110 right on the limit. It happens.
I'm definitely not disagreeing with you on this point bolded. However there are many many cases where I see police break to law to chase someone. Do I chase them to tell them they've just done the wrong thing?
Old 30-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #55
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If a person gets duped by a police officer (or anyone, really) into committing a traffic offence, the only thing they're a victim of is their own poor impulse control.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I keep a watch on the speedo whenever I see a car which is likely to be an unmarked cop car behind me. Usually current model Aurions, Commodores and Falcons. Even then I've seen cops driving other unsuspecting vehicles such as a 4WD Rodeo/Colorado. The easiest way to tell if it's a police car is when you see an antenna on the rear windscreen or if a screen is mounted on the dashboad on the passenger side.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #57
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saam
What if you have traction control, with little to no wheel spin and hardly any noise at all

You raced right up to 70 clicks to the next traffic light which would be another 30 seconds up the road

What can they pin you in then???
Like i said in my earlier post"display of acceleration" doesnt have to be noisy it just has to be noticeable to the coppers.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #58
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
Get the rego number & report the vehicle for "hooning". If enough people do this - someone will have a bit of explaining to do..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6
I thought that was entrapment or something? Imagine if you had agreed to drag, then killed someone mid race before the other vehicle identified itself as a Police car. Forgive me, but I don't think it'd be a Police car.....I just can't see how they can do that without getting into hot water themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
lol...entrapment.

Its been done for years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
Simple6 is correct. They are not allowed to provoke unlawful action and catch you out for it. That is dirty and cheap and the law (for once) recognizes this behavior. You may not get away scott free but the poor old copper would get a bit of a hounding from his boss and his bosses boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
"But the cop provoked me to commit crime."

Police officers baiting civilians into commiting crime is illegal.
As others have said "Entrapment" only happens on TV and in 'Murrica.

As for not being allowed to do it, read this......... If a Chief Inspector cant get off what hope has anybody else ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225948559778
Old 30-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #59
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

So Police are allowed to have heavily tinted windows and speed if it's to catch out other people with "dangerours" modifications and speeders.
*cough*..................
Old 30-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #60
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

again, its the ol 'do as I say, not as I do' motto by the 5-0

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8