Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

some of the up-market cars on this page, the jag looks different..
http://carsguide.news.com.au/aims/gallery

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #32
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Are you all jealous that Ford dont revive classics?

In reality, Holden are doing well promoting their Image and Branding... something which Ford lack. Holden normally seem to steal away the press from the Ford stand.

Unless Ford surprise us with a Focus ST or something of the like, i dont see the Ford stand being too appealing, apart from a new GT. Honestly, why cant they make one off concept cars? Holden had the Monaro Convertible, Torana, Sandman, SSX, Elfins... all great concept cars that got the attention... to THEIR stand!
but in the end who really cares about a car thats not going to go into production? Ford can put their money into better things.

Holden poeple talk about the Torana etc when they are first shown and then are let down because the idea dies in the ****.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #33
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
You know I was only joking when I started this thread.
Having a go coz every year Holdens "New show stopper" is a reviving of an old idea. They dont seem to do new and original.
Look at recent concepts by the 'big 3'. They all revive old models. If I were to type out what Ford, Chrysler and GM have revived as concept and production cars in the last 5 years I'd be here all night.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #34
xf_vanner

Yeah they are doing a fj ute. fj shape on a commo chasis. Body will be fibreglass
xf_vanner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #35
paul7v7
bring it on

pfft at least holden show they are doing something, what has ford shown? bah it isn't even worth going to the ford stand of late.000