Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Etag is the way of the future! But unfortunatly for a majority of people who only pay a toll only one or twice a week like me (either the M2, M4, M5, S.H.Bridge, S.H.Tunnel and now the C.C.Tunnel)find the $100- security deposit for a tag ridiculous.

I run my own business, i have up to 3 cars for business. $300- for three Etags that only get used less than a couple times a week is overkill.

The government needs to makethis Etag system relevant to all drivers.

You can prepay a e pass for the tunnel, but you need to nominated which car you use and when you do it! Unbelieveable.

Last edited by Thunder; 08-10-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Well, if people DONT use the tunnel then the State Gov will be forced to pick up the costs and something that we REALLY need like Hospitals and such will go begging. :(

The curent Premier inherited Bob Carrs mistakes and I would say we are stuck with the tunnel. Maybe, if people CARED enough to protest directly then something MAY be done? Expressing your dismay here is good but it needs to be followed up by multiple compalints to your Local Member.

Remember Eastern Creeek Racewway? :(
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #33
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I'm surprised that you have to pay to get an e-TAG, here in Melbourne you don't pay for them,just sign up get the e-TAG and pay the tolls which are link to your account,simple as that.
I myself have 3 e-TAGs each seperately for my vechicles and then you get a statement every 3 months.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
It's also amazing that Melbourne has glorious roads like the Western Ring Road and the road to Geelong that are between 3 and 5 lanes wide and are FREE. Only the Citylink is tolled.

Yet the incompetant knobs here toll us for everything and think that 2 lanes is enough in this day and age. A big Yay for Labour.
Don't worry mate, the speed camera's pay for these roads. The Geelong Highway was built to freeway standard with 3 lanes, which could take a 110 kmh limit, and has only been one fatality in the 2-3 years its been running at this standard and yet they keep the speed limit at 100 and are adding a whole bunch of fixed speed cameras. The road is probably the safest in the south of Victoria so why fit so called safety cameras. Its a joke.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:15 PM   #35
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Etag is the way of the future! But unfortunatly for a majority of people who only pay a toll only one or twice a week like me (either the M2, M4, M5, S.H.Bridge, S.H.Tunnel and now the C.C.Tunnel)find the $100- security deposit for a tag ridiculous.
The RTA tags are actually $20 refundable deposit, $80 worth of credits.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

I run my own business, i have up to 3 cars for business. $300- for three Etags that only get used less than a couple times a week is overkill.

The government needs to makethis Etag system relevant to all drivers.

You can prepay a e pass for the tunnel, but you need to nominated which car you use and when you do it! Unbelieveable.
Spare a thought for my company that runs around 150 trucks all using tags in 5 states. Must be a nightmare for management... hmm, nows there's a happy thought, management actually doing some thinking!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #37
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
The RTA tags are actually $20 refundable deposit, $80 worth of credits.
Actualy $40 deposit and $60 worth of credit with top ups at $80 (just checked the website) . This sounds better.

But does anyone know if the etag will work without being mounted onto windscreen. Im thinking of not mounting it and just move it between different cars. Would that work of it was resting on the dash?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #38
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actualy $40 deposit and $60 worth of credit with top ups at $80 (just checked the website) . This sounds better.
Hmm, dont think I had that, must have changed it?

As for your other point, you can purchase another windscreen clip mount for the other vehicle so you can move them between the two.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #39
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:

But does anyone know if the etag will work without being mounted onto windscreen. Im thinking of not mounting it and just move it between different cars. Would that work of it was resting on the dash?
When you order your Etag they ask you how many mounting brackets you want. From memory they are $5 each. When your Etag arrives in the mail, the brackets (however many you ordered) will be with it.

Please don't do what I said I've seen happen numerous times and that's to hold it up to the windscreen instead of mounting it.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #40
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
Please don't do what I said I've seen happen numerous times and that's to hold it up to the windscreen instead of mounting it.

Why is that?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #41
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Why is that?
Because it's dangerous. Just have it mounted then you don't have to look for it, take your eyes of the road or worry about it at all.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #42
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Oh, ok. I thought maybe you were reffering to the way it works (ie needing to have it mounted).
Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #43
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
I'm surprised that you have to pay to get an e-TAG, here in Melbourne you don't pay for them,just sign up get the e-TAG and pay the tolls which are link to your account,simple as that.
I myself have 3 e-TAGs each seperately for my vechicles and then you get a statement every 3 months.
Cheers John
Now that would be progress.This is a better system.If everyone is issued with one then there is no excuse not to have one.I think it should be an operational cost of the provider .

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post