Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-12-2005, 06:43 PM   #31
tinex

doesnt mater man
have a happy new year all the best and drive carefully
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #32
tinex

HAPPY NEW YEAR[/COLOR] :
Old 31-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinex
my pedel its more sencitive now then what it was when i bought it
look by the end of the day its the little things that make a difference
bring any vs ss and ill give him a go
coz my mates where laughing aswell but they got proven wrong
think about it its double in weight
Its also double in power, not to mention its most likely got exhausts, extractors etc.

Little things make little differences, big things make the most.

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #34
tinex

than go and bye commodore
Old 31-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #35
tinex

the most fast cars are 4cyl,turbo and all have scoops.
think y??????????????????????
Old 31-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #36
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
the most fast cars are 4cyl,turbo and all have scoops.
think y??????????????????????

YER TEKI!!!
WHY WOULD A WRX STI HAVE A SCOOP??!!

:P
Old 31-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #37
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

simon...I'm guessing wrx's have scoops because it has a top mounted cooler, but that's just a guess
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #38
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
simon...I'm guessing wrx's have scoops because it has a top mounted cooler, but that's just a guess

Ahh ok, so that would mean there is a good reason for a scoop?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

The reason for the Scoop is due to a TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLER. Another fast car which is turbo and 4cyl is a Lancer Evolution. Notice the intercooler is at the front, hence there is no BONNET SCOOP. However, it does have bonnet VENTS to release the hot air. Usually a bonnet scoop is for a top mount intercooler on a turbocharged car.

Unfortunately, the Fiesta is not turbo.

And no, i wouldnt buy a commodore. For the pure reason i would find them very boring and not entertaining in the twisties. Never said i liked them, just that i do know that they will beat the Fiesta hands down.

Oh! And... think Ford XR5T. It is Turbocharged, 4cyl and also quite quick (Fiesta will NEVER keep up to it, not even if it drove without a bonnet for maximum air!)... however it doesnt have a bonnet scoop. Think why? Because it has a front mount...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #40
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I can believe tinex when he says he beats a v8 commonwhore because i too have beaten one OFF the line for the first 50 meters or so (new clubsport 285 driven by wogs, WTF WOGS?!?! IN ANYTHING BUT A WRX?!?!?!),
reason being purely because alot of twits in the commies have no idea how to get their dinosaur off the line.

Having said that though.. its cool you have done something different ie. cutting a hole in the bonnet and installing a scoop. To be honest i really dont like it and i really dont think its a good idea, you will get ALOT of crap building up in the airbox and heaven forbid you drive in the rain, good bye engine.

I have a mate that funnily enough owns a commonwhore and he hooked up a 4inch CAI pipe down underneath his front bumper bar. One night about a year ago several parts of newcastle flooded about 40 cm under water and this twit thought itd be a good idea to go for a drive, i think he forgot he had a 4inch pipe collecting about 3 litres of water and dumping it straight through the throttle body. byebye engine.

id get some mesh fitted underneath the bonnet where the holes are to stop big chunks of crap and leaves flying in and getting clogged in your filter.

and id go to clark rubber and get a big phat square plug for your airbox for use on rainy days.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #41
tinex

no 1 say abaut clubsport...
all i can say is if u see me give me a raice and u see
and y????????? are u using K&N filter????
mybe because the airfl...or what?
and y???? custom intake pipes????
Old 01-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #42
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

what are you talking about?

im sorry, but im finding it really difficult to understand anything you type.

from what i can understand in your latest post.. i said I HAD raced a clubsport and i beat it off the line because the stupid kebabs driving it had no idea HOW to drive it,if they did have half a brain cell they would of nailed my fiesta all over the road.

yes i do use a k&n panel filter,
yes i do have custom intake pipes.
anything else you would like to know?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 01-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #43
tinex

y all that?
K&N and custom intake papes?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #44
tinex

Anyone given it some when its a little wet. Yieww. cuts pretty loose when the air is cold. ive removed some *%#!**%#!**%#!**%#!* from my airbox and removed the cover on the air intake near the bottom of the bonnet. also heat insulated the airbox. u can hear it sucking air in goes harder and especialy at night
torque steers when dry but its rank when wet from mitch lx www.fordforum.com
Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #45
simonr
Focus Rookie

???

i think its time to close this thread....
Old 01-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #46
tinex

hey my names Mitch, im 18 yrs old. just bought the Fiesta LX today. absolutely love it. Heaps more torque and top end than my old mitsu mirage which had a few mods done to it.
i read that you were talking about filters. i went to my local car performance shop and asked about K&N filters and they didnt have anything for the fiesta. im sick of being pulled over by cops for defecting cuz of pod filters etc..so ive decided that i want a panel filter. what brands are there, or if not are there any other K&N filters that are the same size that could fit in my air box?
thanks guys. P.S great forum mitch lx www.fordforums.com
Old 01-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #47
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

yeah so?
the intake pipe that goes from the airbox to the throttle body reduces size and has those crinkle fins which reduces airlow speed. so i had a new pipe made up that replaces it, smooth 2.5 inch mandrel bent mild steel.
k&n panel filter.
then i still use the standard intake point behind grille but have added in another intake that feeds from the front lower grille.

from stock to my intake setup i definately noticed a fairly substantial leap in performance.
i also got a little more induction noise and a tiny bit of induction roar at around 5-6 thousand rpm.

when i posted that i had just started modifying the car and hadnt had the car for long, so i was excited.
never once did i cut a hole in my bonnet and install a wrx scoop though...

im not quite that hungry for an extra kw.

Loads of fun :
Old 01-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #48
tinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
???

i think its time to close this thread....
he start
he thinx know every think and somany questions on fordforums.com from him
Old 01-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #49
tinex

bonet scoop its not from wrx
wrx its BIG'R
Old 01-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #50
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

tinex, i dont quite understand why your having a go. i realise my first post was a little silly ( ''must.. resist.. shouting...etc)

but then i actually tried giving you a few suggestions like meshing underneath ur grille so that no bits and pieces of stuff gets into your airbox. also for you to buy some sort of plug, so that u can plug the airbox up in times of alot of rain.

i realise everone is different on the forum, the way i try to modify my car is on that is sensible, legal and still keep the cars little euro mild hot hatch appeal.
personally i wouldnt of done the scoop myself. but its cool that you did, just be carefull that you cover everyangle so that nothing goes wrong ie, blowing your engine up.

and in my previous posts i was actually trying to stick up for you a little. defending your claim of beating a v8 commodore. dont quite understand why you turned ?

Loads of fun :
Old 01-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #51
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

sorry tinex, i agree there.. you had already pointed out that its not a wrx scoop.
i should have said wrx style.

Loads of fun :
Old 01-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #52
tinex

mitch i just came from uk and i c to many mk6
without airbox,they made hole on the bonet so they can have cold engine any time of the summer day and they can raice any time of the day even if its 40c
Old 01-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #53
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
he start
he thinx know every think and somany questions on fordforums.com from him
Well in my opinion thats a very bold statement, because the majority of fez owners here are are noobies, and like it or not Mitch_lx knows what he is doing. He asked the right questions and got the right answers. I have listened to him heaps of times and his expertise and knowledge is top notch and never wrong.

There is alot of free advice given in the posts, so its up to you if u wanna take his advice, u make the choice. At the end of the day its ur car, u do what makes u happy. :hihi:
Old 01-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #54
tinex

its 1 thing here on fordforums and its 2nd thing on the street
every 1 have his own way but they sayng totaly diferent no 1 gonna tall u whats under the bonet
Old 01-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #55
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

tinex, for the cash, i think there are alot better things you could have done.

im getting rid of my airbox in a couple weeks. im getting a new k&n product called the Apollo.
basically its a pod filter but its completely shielded, it has one intake point, and it comes with a special pipe that connects upto it, so you can run the pipe down to your front bumper to get cold air.
RRP is around 260. wait a few months and it will come down.
im going to get it for cheap hopefully.
in my opinion its alot more sensible to do it this way, noone including coppers will know its there and i dont have to chop my bonnet up, and my airbox.

Loads of fun :
Old 01-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #56
tinex

im not gonna tall u my secret whats modifaid
more power more heat than neads more cold air or say goodbye to the engine
Old 01-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #57
tinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
tinex, for the cash, i think there are alot better things you could have done.

im getting rid of my airbox in a couple weeks. im getting a new k&n product called the Apollo.
basically its a pod filter but its completely shielded, it has one intake point, and it comes with a special pipe that connects upto it, so you can run the pipe down to your front bumper to get cold air.
RRP is around 260. wait a few months and it will come down.
im going to get it for cheap hopefully.
in my opinion its alot more sensible to do it this way, noone including coppers will know its there and i dont have to chop my bonnet up, and my airbox.

thats very smart think
now they made airfilter fited on the throtle py:
Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #58
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
no 1 say abaut clubsport...
all i can say is if u see me give me a raice and u see
and y????????? are u using K&N filter????
mybe because the airfl...or what?
and y???? custom intake pipes????
Tinex, dude, not having a go, but I'm almost pulling my hair out in frustration reading your posts. They look like a child is at the helm of the computer. Can't you make them a little more coherent, and go over them before posting this SMS type of talk up here? Pleeease?

Maybe then people will take what you have to say more seriously.

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #59
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Tinex, dude, not having a go, but I'm almost pulling my hair out in frustration reading your posts. They look like a child is at the helm of the computer. Can't you make them a little more coherent, and go over them before posting this SMS type of talk up here? Pleeease?

Maybe then people will take what you have to say more seriously.

-Dan
I agree, and can we all calm down a little?

I didn't realise that posting pics of my headlight protectors and mudflaps would start this kind of crap. :
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #60
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

LMAO @ sacreybear.

Loads of fun :