Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #31
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Mate, you have a lifetime repair warranty, use it. You could try insiting that you don't wish your vehicle go back the same repairer as they already had a go at fixing it
Old 15-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #32
buickman
buickman

If it's a repairer they got to quote to repair the car then it's the responsibility of AAMI to have the repairer fix it properly if it is found to be substandard workmanship as it has a life time guarantee on the work.
AAMI do take Panel Shops to the courts for recovery of monies owing if they cannot fix the repair work and the car has to be sent to another Panel shop to rectify the repair work

If it's your nominated repairer it's in your court to deal with the Panel Shop

Also Suncorp are behind AAMI's GIO and are combining the two operations together. Shannon’s are backed by Suncorp as well
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Baracus
Just as a heads up that's a different insurance "product" but AAMI, GIO, Vero, Apia and Shannons (along with some others) are all in the Suncorp Group.

http://www.suncorp.com.au/corporate/...group-overview

Not a huge point in swapping between those two unless there's an advantage somehow for you like choice of preferred repairer, higher agreed value etc.
Interesting point to ponder.... I have a few insurance policies, 3 of which are with AAMI, and 1 with Shannons.

I got a renewal for my Citroen. Thought I would do the usual shopping around. AAMI reduced my premium to around $680 from $750ish as I now walk to work (sorta like 'limited use').

Shannons quoted $1400+ for the same car...... funny how that can happen when both companies are owned by the same parent company.

I'm pleased with AAMI to be honest.

Regarding the initial posters BA xr6... that is a very fine line to still repair the car. Did you push to have it repaired? Last time I had an accident (not at fault) the smash repaired pretty much asked me straight up if I wanted to keep the car or get it written off. When it is that close to agreed value a bit of extra money spread across the quote will tip it over to definite write off status.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #34
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I hate aami after how they have treated me from my theft claim. To them I'm a POS sucker and they don't care about my claim or me when I call up to check. 4 months and I'm still without my payout. Not happy AAMI!!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #35
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the original I was pushing to have it writen off, once they started repairing they stopped returning my calls and when u could contact them responded with it's repairable... The initial repair job took 9 weeks! I couldn't believe it considering I had noticed the jerk who hit me driving a brand new car. Thankfully that is in the past thou.
Old 16-07-2010, 01:00 AM   #36
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And yaw your correct and I plan to use it. I wouldn't stop until I had a hard copy of my warranty which took lots of arguing as they said they didn't provide hard copies anymore all u need is a rego, to me sounds like a dodgy system trying to cover it's tracks
Old 16-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #37
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

One reason why its good to normally have your choice of repairers is because normally the garages that do your work are a contractor for the insurance company, the quicker they get your car out and charge AAMI the quicker the next one gets out.

They don't care about contracted customers at the end of the day because the frustration normally gets pointed toward the insurer not the company fixing it so word of mouth of the smash repair business rarely gets around.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
And yaw your correct and I plan to use it. I wouldn't stop until I had a hard copy of my warranty which took lots of arguing as they said they didn't provide hard copies anymore all u need is a rego, to me sounds like a dodgy system trying to cover it's tracks
Would you need a hard copy when it's in their customer Charter.

http://www.aami.com.au/customer-serv...r-charter.aspx
7...."The quality of workmanship and the materials authorised by AAMI in the repair of your car will be guaranteed for the life of the car."
Old 17-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #39
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would hope not but I don't trust aami as far as I could kick the bunch of muppets