Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VE "surfie" police van

i have an app on my phone which is blue n red flasing lights. Wonder if hot chicks will be fooled by a black AU xr8 with a cracked front bar and blue heeler in the tray?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #32
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
i have an app on my phone which is blue n red flasing lights. Wonder if hot chicks will be fooled by a black AU xr8 with a cracked front bar and blue heeler in the tray?

I can do one better than that, I got the actual police lights that sit in the middle of the dash suctioned to the windscreen.

But around west subs of Melb, the cops use all sorts of cars. The Werribee police had an Astra at one stage. I have seen that yellow ute near my house. A female cop got out of it to book a driver and I have been pulled over by a white FG ute.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
SilverG6ET

Ahhhh, Police RRV's (Revenue Raising Vehicles)
Old 31-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #34
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco351
It's easy to mock but guess who's calling for their help next time you crash or there's an odd guy out the front of your house?
Personally I'd call on a real police officer (properly marked car, full uniform and badge. none of this plainclothes unmarked bs) and rather die than accept help of a highway patrolman whose sole duty is to drive around in pure luxury collecting tax.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #35
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

That SS, is a bit of a give-away............. must be the only one, still at stock height and with stock wheels.

Add ultra lows, 20's, and a 3 tonne tow hitch on the back,
then they'd be cooking.

edit - it just needs the springs out of those superlow marked VE divvy vans getting around.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
Personally I'd call on a real police officer (properly marked car, full uniform and badge. none of this plainclothes unmarked bs) and rather die than accept help of a highway patrolman whose sole duty is to drive around in pure luxury collecting tax.
Oh ok... sure. Next time you ring 000 with a life threatening emergency, make sure you specify your conditions. I'm sure they'll more than happily accomodate.....

Oh, and make sure you send all your local Highway patrol offices a letter letting them know that you'd prefer they not attend any accident you, or your loved ones are involved in. After all, their "Sole Duty" is to collect tax. Also, don't bother knocking on your door at 2am to let you know one of your loved one's is dead, an SMS ("Hi, Dad's Dead, Lol!") will do just fine. Also, no need to do any random breath testing in your area. You're more than happy to die at the hands of a drink driver. Of course, when you do, lets make sure not to bother the HWP and get the "real" coppers to come out and scrape you off the road. Best keep them collecting taxes.

Also, hate to burst your bubble, but most of the larger stations general duties coppers will be rostered on to traffic shifts as well, with lots qualified to use LASER and/or RADAR. They'll also do these shifts in marked, or sometimes unmarked cars..... so best you don't call 000 for the police at all. Rather than help you out, they'd much prefer to be out collecting taxes.

Oh, and in the interests of accuracy and not proliferating BS on these forums. In Victoria - all standard HWP shifts involve all members to be in full uniform, in either the marked, semi-marked or unmarked('Q') vehicles - incl. bikes. The only time HWP wear plain clothes is when they are doing a specific task or operation - such as sitting off drags or gaining intel on prolific repeat offenders.

It is also extremely common for other, unformed, departments to use unmarked cars as well - they aren't just the domain of HWP. Some stations will have uniform general duties shifts performed from unmarked cars, as well as transit police, sexual offences and other units. Obviously, CIU (detectives) use them as a matter of course, as well as being in plain clothes.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
You sir, are a narrow minded fool.

I am not a cop, but it is rather ridiculous that people like yourself consider HWP to be 'less' than other cops. Just who is it do you think that often attends car accidents etc first, before the GD guys arrive?

Seriously, think before you post.
Old 31-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #38
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Watch out for this one around Melbourne's Western suburbs...
You wouldnt really pick it at first as the front wheels are clean
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #39
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I live in the West of Melbourne and I welcome these guys. The number of cars I see running red lights, going through intersections that are clearly marked as no right turn (Somerville Road turning into Geelong road, near the new 7/11 for example), and speeding along Geelong road really concerns me.

If the unmarked police cars, or marked ones, manage to make the area safer for me to drive in with my kids, I'm all for it. Most likely, they do it for all of us.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
Shambles
Knucklehead

I for one don't have a problem with REAL police on our roads doing their jobs. It's the revenue raising cameras I object to. In every instance where I've been pulled over by police I've had no dramas. You can have an intelligent conversation with a policeman and in some cases even be let off. Cameras in bushes etc don't allow this.
Shambles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave
That SS, is a bit of a give-away............. must be the only one, still at stock height and with stock wheels.

Add ultra lows, 20's, and a 3 tonne tow hitch on the back,
then they'd be cooking.

edit - it just needs the springs out of those superlow marked VE divvy vans getting around.
Cops cars are the only ones that still have Holden badges and not Chevy ones.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
Kevaclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack960
Still remember those blokes that flogged the plates off a speed camera, put the plates on there car and sped past the camera a few times then put the plates back on the camera car and drove off. Stupid thing to do but I got a good long laugh out of it.

So the camera operator was oblivious to people unbolting number plates?
or was this a story from the Net?
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post