Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #31
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Default P-plater loses licence and car after exceeding speed limit by 47km/h

HS Link

Lost his Licenec After 7 days and Car impounded
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
HS Link

I love all the "high powered" comments on that news article, its most likely the NA Skyline and an EL Falcon would kick its *** in straight line anyway.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #33
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Holy poo thats moving!, maybe he was trying out to be in the v8supercars lol!

Serioulsy though he should be locked up for 18months! :
Old 24-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, at least it was in a Falcon. If it was in a Commodore like most of these stories are everyone would have been going yeeaah go the Holden, and I think thats partly why people think Holdens are so good and fast, because of these types of stories.

Im not encouraging this behaviour, but its always going to happen and maybe if it started happening in Falcons more it would change peoples perception of them?
Old 24-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #35
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

you can do 195 in a Yaris, an XR8 would want to nail 230+ lol.

you can be a Dick in any car, corolla/lexus/ford/holden, in the same way that 90% of the population may creap over the limit but not try and evade police when caught.

235/45 is quick but its not INSANE OMG going to die quick dependant on the road and the key point to all of this is time and PLACE.

perhaps it is the rebelous nature of people when they get traped like a rat in a cage, if your allowed to do 130/150 there wouldnt be this couriousness to try and 'break the law' it would form the normality.

becasuse you have an unlimited speed limit dosent mean you will do it at 10/10ths, relating to the Avalon trip, majority of the time was done at 140/150 as it was a comfortable cruise I only hit 200+ once to see how it would go once I did, I wasnt fussed.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #36
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quite right I reckon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
you can do 195 in a Yaris, an XR8 would want to nail 230+ lol.

you can be a Dick in any car, corolla/lexus/ford/holden, in the same way that 90% of the population may creap over the limit but not try and evade police when caught.

235/45 is quick but its not INSANE OMG going to die quick dependant on the road and the key point to all of this is time and PLACE.

perhaps it is the rebelous nature of people when they get traped like a rat in a cage, if your allowed to do 130/150 there wouldnt be this couriousness to try and 'break the law' it would form the normality.

becasuse you have an unlimited speed limit dosent mean you will do it at 10/10ths, relating to the Avalon trip, majority of the time was done at 140/150 as it was a comfortable cruise I only hit 200+ once to see how it would go once I did, I wasnt fussed.
Old 24-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #37
sideways82
loving the turbo

http://news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0...8-2862,00.html

so how long will this guy get?
12.48@113.92 with 277rwkw
12.27@119.1 with 320rwkw
sideways82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #38
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
gtxb67- I don't reckon society is that hard that it forces a kid to do that sort of a speed.
getting caught doing 20 over the limit isn't a big deal but 235 should almost be time in the clink.
i was unsure exactly what the other guys were guestioning with my post (whether they did not detect sarcasm or they did and thought i was too harsh)

blaming society was being sarcastic

it seems that no matter what happens in this world, it is always somebody elses fault. or the alcohols, or the drugs, or the nanny state that we live in, or the lack of signage warning that something is dangerous or the guy that didn't like me playing games in the traffic and therefore ran into me or . . . . .

too many people are not responsible in the first place and then try to make others responsible for their actions

but yes, he deserves a much harsher penalty that what he will no doubt get
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
245 thru the yarra ranges? balls and skill..

140 on the highway I could live with, its really not that obscene and on a clear highway really not that stupid, the 245 in the yarra ranges however... and im not sure on the area or route he took but if any of it involved suburban area's the guy needs his head read.
Which ever way you want to paint it its plain STUPIDITY ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME....

Old 24-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #40
GSfalcon500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Which ever way you want to paint it its plain STUPIDITY ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME....
So how do the popo chase him for 40 klicks @ speeds upto 235kmh. are they "plain stupidity anywhere anytime" also?
GSfalcon500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #41
menil
fg pursuit

I just won $50
menil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #42
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSfalcon500
So how do the popo chase him for 40 klicks @ speeds upto 235kmh. are they "plain stupidity anywhere anytime" also?
If what you typed was English then i take it you're having a swipe at the police? The "runner" is at fault, not the legally authorized "chaser"... To be honest i wish they had rocket launchers at times and ended these chases early.... might make a few of these tools think twice about being idiots...

Old 24-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #43
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
HS Link

Reader comments were good for a laugh
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #44
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol the police gave chase, gee i wonder why speeds increased? I'm not saying its the police at fault. He was doing 140kph, they gave chase and the speeds increased. He was on the run.....he wasn't exactly going to slow down now was he? Do i condone his actions? No. But then again, we are living in a society that threatens to crush your car.....and in that split second where his mind clicked, that image would have been there....and the boot would have been planted.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
or the guy that didn't like me playing games in the traffic and therefore ran into me or . . . . .

prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #46
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Reader comments were good for a laugh
refuse to read them, I want to be able to legaly cube peoples heads after I do. :evil3:

Old 25-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #47
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
the 140 or the 200+?

I disagree, as I have done 200+ comfortably on public roads when it was legal to do so, new car well maintained, dry, plenty of vision, and a road where you could see the curvature of the earth.

however not condoneing it on busy roads or the M1 during peek hour, nor through suburban streets, that is moronic.

by your theory of thinking the autobahn should be outlawed :

Old 25-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #48
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Must have been flash tuned as factory XR8's are limited to 230kph...and I can tell you the limiter really kicks you back!

He was obviously after a quick thrill but this is definitely not the best way to get one.

Turning himself in shows he was either on something during the chase or his conscience came knocking on his door...

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #49
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
Turning himself in shows he was either on something during the chase or his conscience came knocking on his door...
No, his 48hr car impound period was up, he wanted his car back!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #50
sideways82
loving the turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSfalcon500
i agree, in QLD they have to call up and get special permission to keep going when chase speeds hit 140k's.

so technically the cops have to say it's safe to continue the chase.

Up here they take down your plates and stop chasing or don't start chasing 90% of the time.
12.48@113.92 with 277rwkw
12.27@119.1 with 320rwkw
sideways82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the 140 or the 200+?

I disagree, as I have done 200+ comfortably on public roads when it was legal to do so, new car well maintained, dry, plenty of vision, and a road where you could see the curvature of the earth.

however not condoneing it on busy roads or the M1 during peek hour, nor through suburban streets, that is moronic.

Not in the slightest, you cant apply remote outback road logic to 99% of built up populated Australia, where 99% of the population live....
There maybe places in Australia where, if properly signed to alert other road users of the likelihood of encountering another car at high speed its "relatively safe" to allow higher speeds (like the autobahn), i think the hume should be 130, but, on the roads in question, its purely suicidal, and without the warning people pull out knowing you're only supposed to be doing the posted limit, especially at night, the speed differential between vehicles is the biggest problem, and lack of ability...

For the "anti chasers" here explain to me this; how, on earth would the runner know the police had called the chase off? They simply wouldn't and would just assume they were waiting or falling behind and keep going as fast as possible.
Create an environment where people know if they run they can get away and you'll encourage others to do it....

Merry Christmas to everyone by the way!

Old 25-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #52
prydey
Rob

another one :

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225813615288
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #53
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is this word HOON the word of the moment? the media reports are everywhere and still there arent enough places to go and ejoy these cars, coming from a guy who has 2 v8' and is now on the hoon list in queensland because i was in a v8 and had a reverse light out, its all a load of CR*P
both these people but just because your stupid don't mean yor a hoon
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #54
Saraco

Quote:
the 140 or the 200+?

HERE! HERE! Time and a place for everything. The roads in northern sa and northern territory, could easily handle much higher speeds than 110km/h or 130km/h. Don't believe any of that government spiel about road safety, it's all about revenue raising! You get that bored and fatigued on these roads, at the artificially low speed limits, you put the pedal down! Then they gotcha! KA-CHING!! Goes the till! Thankyou for your kind donation sir.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svov88
HERE! HERE! Time and a place for everything. The roads in northern sa and northern territory, could easily handle much higher speeds than 110km/h or 130km/h. Don't believe any of that government spiel about road safety, it's all about revenue raising! You get that bored and fatigued on these roads, at the artificially low speed limits, you put the pedal down! Then they gotcha! KA-CHING!! Goes the till! Thankyou for your kind donation sir.
What on earth does that have to do with the topic though??

Old 26-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #56
Matty4
Banana

I think there has been a little bit of journalistic licence taken here with the recorded speed. I know that section of road like the back of my hand (in fact I
'll be on it again tomorrow, and be lucky to reach the speed limit with all the traffic it carries) and the reality is that there is no piece of tarmac anywhere between Glenburn and Dixons Creek that could safely accommodate that type of speed.

He would have speared off into the trees long before. The road down from Mt. Slide could cope with 120-130 if you had stones of steel and a well mannered car, but an XR8 would be a handful.

No doubt he ran, no doubt it was excessive speed in maybe a short 10 sec burst, but 235 I find a bit hard to swallow.
As they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, especially when it comes to their flavour of the year, HOONS..
Old 26-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #57
menil
fg pursuit

Joke or no joke I find it disgusting that FF can condone a statement by a member calling for the instalation of rocket launches on Police cars to combat "the runners" .I would like to see you explain your actions to the families who have lost an innocent loved one as a result of a Police chase gone wrong .Speed cameras can fine you without identifying the driver so why not police .
menil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #58
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:
What on earth does that have to do with the topic though??

We are talking about dangerous speeds in areas where there shouldn't be any right? Hence "there is a time and a place"....
Old 26-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #59
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

All i know is that one of my tenants has a government contract to pick up Hoon cars with his transport company and is doing quite well out of it!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #60
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4L BOSS 320
We are talking about dangerous speeds in areas where there shouldn't be any right? Hence "there is a time and a place"....
Thankyou very much!
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post