Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #31
nfury8

Theyre winding you up, wont happen EVER, puttin restrictions of ful licensed drivers is next to impossible
nfury8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothin is impossible !!!
Theyll just make life harder and harder
4x4s are a very big money spinner for the government in sales tax ect
But IF you have a 4x4 your are a target for a road side inspection
They close roads here in QLD and pull over and inspect every 4x4

IF and only IF,
Some dribble laws came in where a certain aged driver could only have a certain amount of HP or KW,
The money to initiate this would be extreme ,but IF it happened
It would cause all sorts of drama for us as motorists
They would pull every car over to inspect
Road side dyno s ?????
Dont EVER say wont happen
We have this wakky government being fed wakky BS from wakky people
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a lot of blame on the roads authority and the minister (which they deserve), but how about a few slaps for those few pendehoe who have given young drivers a bad name? (i'm glad i'm not one of them anymore).
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to me power restrictions are an utter waste of time and effort, if a young buk wants to go fast even if he cant`t legally buy his desired hero car, he will just put his utmost into going fast or being a daredevil in a lesser powered car, you don`t need to exceed 260 kph to drive on the edge , you can do it in a 120 y or a 68 1600 cortina or any old car.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Riddle me this. In 1998, a V8 Falcon was at most, 185 Kilowatts. In 2010, a Stock Standard Falcon XT is 195 Kilowatts (and more if you use Premium). This logic is flawed. Yes, current V8s are more powerful, but outlawing every one of them out of hand is a little dumb. As for turbos, most European Manufacturers are using Turbos as a means of efficiency - smaller capacity, and a low pressure Turbo to make up for the shortfall. Is the ELII XR8 faster than a FG XT? Is it safer? Is it more powerful? No, it's just a V8, and therefore bad, and must be stopped. With fire, or a good weapon.

Presuming this law actually comes into fruition, it just shows how shortsighted this government actually is. They need to look at power to weight ratios, which actually do exclude some of these 'Hoon Cars', especially some Volkswagen Golfs, Saab Turbos, Volvos, and the upcoming EcoBoost Falcon, and actually allow little Johnny or Jeanny to drive Mum or Dad's new car. Just because it has a Turbo, or is a V8, doesn't mean that it is going to kill you. Hell, you can get into strife in a Corolla just as easily as you can in a V8 Falcon.

When these laws were first introduced into NSW, even the bloody Daihatsu Copen was excluded, not because it was the world's slowest convertible (and therefore a death trap in its own right), but because its measly 660cc Motor had a Turbo on it. These people running the Road Tax Agency need to research their area of expertise before they actually start legislating.
Agreed.

Oh well, **** happens and I have to live with it, I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #36
Paxton
Cobblers!

Removed.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post