Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #31
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Do I have to step in to defend Kasey AGAIN?
I don't think you have too, people buy her albums and that's enough he keep her screaming. As much as I hate her there is a bit of logic in that, I wonder if she knows that she sounds like a dog that's just had it's balls stepped on?
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #32
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Lol she ****es me off just as bad as Kasey Chambers. F**k me that chick doesnt sing she whines.
Kill her and that Missy Bloody Higgins too.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #33
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Kill her and that Missy Bloody Higgins too.
Oh AMEN to that. Missy Higgins drives me up the f**king wall!
Old 28-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #34
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Seriously, how do those two manage to sell albums?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #35
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holey moley, talk about getting worked up! maybe some people just shouldn't own radio's :P

just kidding guys...continue!

-Stu

P.S. I was right from the beginning after all, what do i win?
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #36
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
P.S. I was right from the beginning after all, what do i win?
/me just hangs head in shame & goes stand in the naughtie corner. lol
no wait hang on - I should actually get a medal for NOT KNOWING dumb americanisms!!!
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #37
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

...and I should be standing in a corner, hanging my head in shame...
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #38
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

‘This Is Bananas’

A probing analysis of Gwen Stefani’s ‘Hollaback Girl’

by GREG STACY

Gwen Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl” is one of the most baffling pieces of music of the modern age. It’s got something to do with cheerleaders—that much is clear, judging from the chanting and the marching band that’s honking and tooting in the background. Beyond that, good luck deciphering the song’s ambiguities. We were so vexed by the mystery that is “Hollaback Girl” that we have devoted countless hours to its study. Our conclusions are below. The first thing you should know, though, is that Gwen is not singing “I ain’t no Harlem fat girl”—at least, we don’t think she is.

Uh huh, this my
Gwen is introducing us to her .

All the girls stomp your feet like this

This talk of and stomping has nothing to do with actually stepping on feces. But what does it mean? From a reading of the later text, we can conclude that the song takes place in the world of high school athletics, and that Gwen is apparently leading the girls in a calisthenics exercise. The “,” we surmise, is what she calls the exercises she’s teaching the other girls.

A few times I’ve been around that track
So it’s not just gonna happen like that

Here, Gwen exhorts the girls to try harder as they jog around the track, reminding them that physical fitness is “not just gonna happen,” but must be worked at.

Cause I ain’t no hollaback girl
I ain’t no hollaback girl

These lines are the most confusing, but their meaning will become clearer later.

Oooh, this my , this my

Gwen repeats this four more times. She wants to make sure that we are well acquainted with her .

I heard that you were talking
And you didn’t think that I would hear it

Gwen has been the victim of some slanderous high school gossip, and she doesn’t appreciate it. Gwen is 35 years old sliding into MILF status at this point, but we’ll grant her some poetic license.

People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I’m ready to attack, gonna lead the pack

Gwen is going to round up a “posse” of her girlfriends and retaliate against the person who’s been talking “smack” about her.

Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
Gwen is going to beat up the person who wronged her, after she completes the cheerleading routine that will inspire the football team to score a touchdown. Gwen has interesting priorities.

That’s right, put your pom-poms down, getting everybody fired up

It seems the entire cheerleading squad is going to beat up the person who spoke ill of Gwen; they have put down their pom-poms, and they are now “fired up” to exact swift and terrible vengeance on Gwen’s behalf.

Gwen is apparently the captain of the cheerleader squad; she is the girl who “hollas” the chants, not one of the girls who simply “hollas” them back. Given that the squad is preparing to beat somebody up on Gwen’s behalf, she’s picked a strange time to remind them that she is their leader and they are her sheep-like followers. Gwen obviously rules her squad with an iron fist.

Oooh, this my , this my [repeated four times]

Again with the .

So that’s right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals, no student-teachers
Both of us want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I’m gonna fight, gonna give it my all

We learn that it was a “dude” who gossiped about Gwen. She challenges him to a fight at the bleachers. If he imagines it will be a fair, one-on-one fight, he is sadly mistaken. Gwen and her aforementioned “pack” will pounce on him like rabid wolves.

Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That’s right, I’m the last one standing, another one bites the dust

Gwen’s pack of furious cheerleaders leaves the boy a quivering, bloody heap behind the bleachers for the groundskeeper to discover the next day.

Having completed their ghastly work, Gwen’s squad members return to the field and resume their cheerleading activities, as Gwen reminds them once more that she is the boss and they are all her es.

By calling her exercise routines “,” Gwen is showing us that for all her bravado, the character in this song secretly suffers from profound self-esteem issues. She is a complex antiheroine for an age of changing gender attitudes and expectations.

Let me hear you say, this is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Here, Gwen steps away from this bloody spectacle for a moment to comment on the madness and ugliness of what we’ve just witnessed, and, by extension, the petty rivalries of high school in general. This is bananas, Gwen tells us, and we can only agree. And lest we miss the point, she spells it out. And repeats it another three times.

Back on the field, Gwen is still bullying the squad to carry out her routines. But now we see her in a new light, as the sad, lost creature she truly is.

As the song fades out, Gwen is left only with her “,” the mindless exercises that bring her no comfort from the raging emptiness within. As much as she “hollas,” no one hears her cries for help.
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #39
Charbs
AKA ChuBBz

the song has no low bass. it does my head in.
Charbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #40
b2tf
not here much anymore

Red face

SHE'S 35?! WHAT?!

Damn, she still looks about 19!
Old 29-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #41
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

LOL nice EA Bender, don't know about a pack of ravaging females...that would be scary!

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post