Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #31
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Lady Owner, Directors Car, Doctors car etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie

Also LOVE (read: Hate) the over use of the word Original...
ie: Original 1976 Ford Falcon 500 (on an XB sedan that was a factory 6cy and now has a wicked 351 with a bonnet scoop, fat rims, BM shifter, etc etc)... Ok - when it left the factory it was a stock Falcon 500 poverty pack... and now its a street car.... what part of it is original??
This ones a belta, and some of my mates talk the same crap, one that comes to mind from a recent chat is this cool very original capri they saw with 22" billits worked windsor detroit locked 9" cool beigh leather trim etc,

some people have know idea what the word original means

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GT
Many moons ago, a mate of dad's purchased a managers personal drive (commondore) from a Holden dealer as a low mileage demonstrator. It came with uprated suspension which was great as he wanted it to tow the van. All good until some minor suspension issue whilst out touring. The local Holden dealer refused to fix the issue under warantee as the vehicle had serious modifications - using non GMH factory parts. After a few nasty phone calls it turns out the manager who used the vehicle prior to original sale had the car modified to cater for his driving passon as an active member of the HDT stunt drivers. So don't always take for granted that the low km driven by company manager hasn't had the crap trashed out of it.
My brother purchased a Brand new, current model SS VZ? anyway it come brand new off the showroom floor. It had rims, lowered suspension and sports exhaust. So it is now 12months old and he moved back to QLD. Crux of the matter is he can't get it registered because it is too low and loud. He contacted the Dealer he bought it from and they want to know nothing about it. So don't take anything for granted, new or used

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Low006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
kinksta
Luxojet

I dislike this one, it has dents and rust that all cars this age have...especially when it looks average.
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #34
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

also the words 'immaculate, excellent, concours, like new' are very open to interpretation...

'like new' basically means - not like new... kinda stained, torn, creased, needs to be looked at... so its LIKE it was new... but not... kinda...
Or - its been in an accident and has new bits and pieces in place of the old damaged bits and pieces...

'immaculate' generally means they've paid for a detailer to go over the car...

'excellent' means they've done some touch ups and now its looking good...

'concours' means that they've taken it to a show - only for it to be picked to bits and not win anything... (where's the trophy if they won?)
Old 20-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #35
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I bought a "company" car and it only went to reinforce my belief that unless you get it for a really cheap price don't do it. It cost me plenty in headaches and niggly problems caused by a lack of maintenance. Most of the doctors/directors/mature woman drivers never even check the air pressure of the tyres let alone look under the bonnet. They just drop it back at the dealers for servicing when it's due and then the service manager slugs them for maintenance work that more often than not is never done because they know the suit will never check or care as long as the car starts and goes. The upshot is that when you buy it you're going to spend a fortune doing all the repair/replacement work caused by the complete lack of said maintenance the dealership slugged the suit but never bothered to do.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I bought a "company" car and it only went to reinforce my belief that unless you get it for a really cheap price don't do it. It cost me plenty in headaches and niggly problems caused by a lack of maintenance. Most of the doctors/directors/mature woman drivers never even check the air pressure of the tyres let alone look under the bonnet. They just drop it back at the dealers for servicing when it's due and then the service manager slugs them for maintenance work that more often than not is never done because they know the suit will never check or care as long as the car starts and goes. The upshot is that when you buy it you're going to spend a fortune doing all the repair/replacement work caused by the complete lack of said maintenance the dealership slugged the suit but never bothered to do.

Bushbasher
Pretty much spot on. When my car goes into a shop I always tell them exactly what I want done and I check it before I leave their lot.
Old 20-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #37
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
Being a country driver I'd have to disagree with you on that one. My VY has done 190,000km and despite engine being replaced under warranty (gudgeon pin noise), the only other stuff done is strut bushes, tie-rod ends and a set of front rotors. majority of the time it's driving in a straight line at 100km/h (under 2000rpm) and it all gets nicely warmed up and not thrashed from stoplight to stoplight and left idling for long periods in traffic.
Personally I'd be happier to buy a car (out of warranty) with 200,000km on it as GENUINE highway kms rather than one with 50,000km driving in Metro Melbourne (Sydney, etc)

Here here
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #38
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another beauty is when you are looking at a restoration project and you see a note about being "90% complete".

You can bet your left one that the "10%" of missing parts are the very ones that you simply can't get any more for love nor money...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #39
brad`
The Monty

or the ones labled.. "cheap must sell, regretful sale"..a nd yet is either same price as the rest or over priced.. yeah sell quick.. full of sh..

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #40
BradZ
I'm still alive

Got everyones attention at least..

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #41
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Oh this thread made me laugh because I've been cruising Ebay lately and some of my favourites are:

"Rust free except for rear sills" - well then its not rust free is it.....

"Unique car" - oh course its unique they didnt have gas conversions or fully sic sub woofers boxes in 1960

"90% restored" - Last time I check new tyres, rims, working on engine, new interior and glass is NOT 10%

"Original Car with upgraded box" - Well then its not original then is it!

"No reserve" - But its got a starting price of $5,000 well if it doesn't have a reserve why is the starting bid $5,000?

"Its only got a few dints but its a straight example" - Last time I checked straight does not equal dints

"No time wasters" - Well if you actually put more than 2 sentences about your vehicle your trying to sell instead of "1960 Ford Falcon Wagon NO TIME WASTERS" we wouldn't have to waste your time because we'd know what we were looking for....

"Always been under cover" - A car cover thats got more holes than a cheese grater is NOT "under cover"

"Only stopped driving because my brothers cousins aunty died, doesnt run" - So you didnt stop driving it because the motor blew up but because an asteroid flew past jupiter at the same time as the motor blew?

"Been sitting in drive way for 3 years, urgent sale" - Well if its so urgent why has it been sitting there for 3 years and you've got it on a 30 day listing?

"Relisted due to non-payer" - Is that why you've re-listed it 3 times simply because it didn't reach your astronomic price that you think its worth and you re-list within 15 mins of the last auction ending....

"Very clean engine" - Of course its a clean engine you've taken the photos at the car wash after you've just washed it and sprayed it with de-greaser!

Although my favourite was a photo of a heavy modified BMW and one of his unique sellings points was a "fully sic cut exhaust" and "cut suspension to give it that fully sic lo rider look" - I joke not those were the EXACT words!

Anyways thats this evenings gripes before I start looking again and find more......
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post