Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Delivers Outstanding Value with FG Falcon MkII

I know this is a negative comment..but the G6E is still a tarted up XT..It doesn't have anything to make it stand alone compare the G6E specs to the Taurus Limited..http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/trim...oryTab=viewAll
But I still hope the FG2 sells..Ford Aus need it too..apologies for being negative....
Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Nah mate. XT is a stripped out G6E. You got it the wrong way around.

Lukeyson
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #33
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I know this is a negative comment..but the G6E is still a tarted up XT..It doesn't have anything to make it stand alone compare the G6E specs to the Taurus Limited..http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/trim...oryTab=viewAll
But I still hope the FG2 sells..Ford Aus need it too..apologies for being negative....
Can't you see the positive in that?
Due to the much lower price than the G6E it (the XT) might attract more buyers than it would have if it was still plane Jane with no features. It's now got what it takes to win sales at that price bracket against it's competitors.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Wouldnt the same go for your BFII Fairmont Ghia?? Atleast the G6E now gets satnav (something useful)..

The FG2 XT is nearly as good as your 4 year old Fairmont Ghia, and if you were to spec up the G6 its probably on par (minus leather!) if not better (curtain airbags, bluetooth standard, a colour touch screen etc etc).

I love the new cars and will probably look at one next year.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #35
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not much, but the auto in the turbo's is an extra $1000. May contribute somewhat to the price difference.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Which features in particular do you wish G6E had?

Please remember that Taurus is as big as Fairlane and 100 kg heavier than Falcon
and that's before you spec AWD which makes the car 100-130Kg heavier...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #37
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DASH GT..sort of agree..but the G6E is supposed to be the luxury model, no more Fairlane..so it needs to step up a notch or two from XT or G6..look at whats in the Titanium Focus/Mondeo and see whats missing from the G6E..adaptive cruise control, self parking, etc..It shouldn't be too hard to add more features that are in G6E's stable mates, to the G6E. So, it stands out..As I said..I hope the new Falcon sells a storm...
Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #38
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
DASH GT..sort of agree..but the G6E is supposed to be the luxury model, no more Fairlane..so it needs to step up a notch or two from XT or G6..look at whats in the Titanium Focus/Mondeo and see whats missing from the G6E..adaptive cruise control, self parking, etc..It shouldn't be too hard to add more features that are in G6E's stable mates, to the G6E. So, it stands out..As I said..I hope the new Falcon sells a storm...
Mate, I don't think you're being fair, they're global cars made with a much greater budget. Plus, you won't find park assist in any vehicles within Focus' price range, let alone an FG made on a shoe-string budget.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #39
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some poeple are just NEVER happy!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #40
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No revised EcoLPI prices....... bastards lol!
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6

Add $2500??
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #42
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
I'll agree on the adaptive cruise, it could have been included, but saying that things like self parking "shouldn't be too hard to add" is a gross misunderstanding of the amount of work that goes into homologating new tech and features into cars. To add self park would mean EPAS which would mean entirely new steering architecture. Which would cost an fortune and make Ford's MkII refresh a hugely expensive exercise for a ROI that is at the moment pegged at 1500-2000 units per month (i.e. not enough).

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #43
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the G6E and G6ET (and Titanium Territory) should all have the following features for the asking price:

- Auto windscreen wipers
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- One touch lane change indicators (they may already have this)
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #44
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

FG1 already has one touch lane change indicators.... well my old G6ET did.
One touch of the indicator stick and they blinked 3 times, the function is able to be switched off in the HMI menu.
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #45
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My '10 xr6t has the one touch lane change too but personally i think its a bit of a gimmick as 3 blinks isn't a whole lot of notice so ive turned mine off
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie
FG1 already has one touch lane change indicators.... well my old G6ET did.
One touch of the indicator stick and they blinked 3 times, the function is able to be switched off in the HMI menu.

It was available across the range.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #47
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Certainly great news and i hope it works. The only risk i see is that we (well it seems a collective thought on the forum) always hung onto the mantra that ford have always had a decent margin with their lesser sales. So if we dont see an sharpish increase in the short to mid term then what..I am happy that they are certainly giving it a good crack, price is good, product is best in class if not close to...come on supply chain!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #48
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Yes and no... You have to remember that the Falcon gets other things that its smaller brothers / sisters dont get, plus the cost of engineering the Falcon is alot more then the Focus for example, simply because of the volume. If we had low cost of labour here and an export program then the Falcon would be a very good wage earner for Ford. Proof is however we cannot build cars in this country and export them sucessfully, as per Holdens failure over the years with Monaro, G8 and now Caprice Police vehicles.

Something else to keep in mind is that Ford has to watch what its competitors are doing to stay competitive, if they go and build an LTD spec FG with alot of the gizmos you speak of and price it at $65,000 (just under the Caprice) how many do they expect to sell? 100 a month? 50 a month? Holdens struggling with the Caprice and its a longer wheel based car that bascially only gets ordered by state goverment departments now. Will they order FG LTD's?? No because they dont have the rear seat leg room.

XR6 for $39 kay is good value, its roomy, comfortible, powerful, economical, and now has a fair amount of tech in it. If i was offered a Titanium Focus or an FGII XR6 as a company car I'd take the Falcon all day everyday...
Old 07-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I think the G6E and G6ET (and Titanium Territory) should all have the following features for the asking price:

- Auto windscreen wipers
Our mondeo had all this...

Auto wipers were a joke (still used them manually). Adaptive cruise control left me daydreaming doing 80 - 90 kms an hour on the highway simply because the car infront had slowed down (another waste of time).
Front parking sensors, yes good idea and something ford could have put on G6E FG2 for a few dollars.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #50
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go Ford.

Here's to hoping the FPVs follow suit.
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #51
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Seems Ford have been listening with the DROPPING of MLP & not the increase people were talking about in the other topics... Good move, should help with book resale values!!

Are there any read pictures available??
This is a great move by Ford helping to bring list price more in line with market expectations. Rightly pointed that this will improve the Redbook values and it will reduce the likelihood of internet sticker shock.

Still a few irregularities in the prices between models as noted above but much sharper overall. An XR6T Ute for under $40k is well priced.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #52
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Very impressive prices Ford, even when there aren't any discounts around these are now well appointed cars.
I'm sure the average buyer will be surprised with more equipment in a new model that costs about $3,000 less.

XR6T is now less than $50K drive away...

G6ET is now line ball with FPV GS ....

I wonder how much difference in cost there is (to Ford) between the two drive lines....

Last edited by jpd80; 07-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6
No the fleet and taxi price list comes out later.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #54
kevvy101
Starter Motor

This is really great news, especially now that my lease is up.
kevvy101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #55
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Two things I have noticed with our new Mondeo compared to my FG XR6 in regards to tech/equipment in favour to the Falcon -
-FG has propper gas struts for the bonnet not a cheap metal rod.
-FG has hidden windscreen jets not bonnet mounted.
Two simple things that the "global" car dosnt have and the car developed on a shoe-string do.

Great pricing by the way and hope this gets a few people the dip into their pockets and buy aussie again.
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #56
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8

- Auto windscreen wipers
Besides maybe rear parking sensors I think all of that is totally unnecessary.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #57
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Our mondeo had all this...

Auto wipers were a joke (still used them manually).
Front parking sensors, yes good idea and something ford could have put on G6E FG2 for a few dollars.
You can say that again about the wipers. Did the Mondeo ones work at night? The BMW ones definitely don't.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #58
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No the fleet and taxi price list comes out later.
A lot of energy is coming from withing to really go after fleets and taxis...and about time too.

I've got a feeling that Ford is about to come out guns a blazing with
knock out prices for fleets and taxis that will blow fleet managers away...

Fingers crossed that they really go for the throat and put it to Holden's Govco fleet sales
and then go after Toyota's govco sales with Ecoboost I-4 Falcon next year as well...
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #59
Chris_Rogers01

wouldn't mind owning a new XR6 Turbo heard those things compete even with the HSV Holden range
Chris_Rogers01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #60
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarazza
Besides maybe rear parking sensors I think all of that is totally unnecessary.
I agree and am getting annoyed with the constant whinging and moaning about how the FG doesnt have triple automatic xenon sunroof capacitors with adaptive sensorised gigapixel arrays to keep the muppets happy who 1) probably wouldnt buy one even if it had all that crap anyway and 2) should be concentrating on driving instead of farting around with all their gadgetry ****.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post